Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

I feel for FSU.  The committee couldn’t handle not having an SEC team in so they went against every precedent and made shit up.  TCU getting in over Bama last year was precedent enough and FSU had a better case this year.  Whatever. It don’t make a shit for UT. But fuck the committee for thinking the SEC is destined a it in the playoff. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:

While I agree they're being giant titty babies about this whole thing, we arent the ones who took their spot...that would be Bama.

That's fucking annoying as shit and is a bunch of SEC fanbois trying to deflect blame (especially a lot of aggy fans) and saying they deserved to be there and FSU fans should be pissed at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I feel for FSU.  The committee couldn’t handle not having an SEC team in so they went against every precedent and made shit up.  TCU getting in over Bama last year was precedent enough and FSU had a better case this year.  Whatever. It don’t make a shit for UT. But fuck the committee for thinking the SEC is destined a it in the playoff. 

How do you think FSU will do against Ohio State or Georgia if they get the Orange Bowl (assuming Georgia doesn't take the Peach) ?  How do you think FSU would do against Michigan or Washington for that matter?

FSU has the argument that they went undefeated and won a P5 conference championship. 
If Bama would have gotten left out....they have no such argument.  UT beat them at home & gets in over them is all they need to know. 
Eye test is a subjective cop out, otherwise they shouldn't even play the games. 

Let me help you.

FSU did go undefeated and win a P5 conference.

Alabama lost one game (to the winner of a P5 conference) and still won a P5 conference with a win over team who held #1 for the entire season.

Unfortunately for Free Shoes U they lost their starting QB and exhibited play evidencing that they were clearly no longer one of the four best teams in the country.

End of story.

I mean you can add that FSU had a much easier SOS than any of the other P5 conference champs and that they would get mudholed in any playoff game but it’s all about the four best teams. Even though they squeaked out some wins against inferior competition to remain undefeated, FSU proved they weren’t top 4.

So you know what?
Go beat Georgia and get some respect or
…, STFU.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I'm flabbergasted people keep saying this. They didn't even come close to doing everything they could
I was talking about the players, you know...the ones who don't have any say in which teams they face and/or if those teams happen to be worth a shit when they play them? Maybe they could have mudholed everyone on their schedule, but nobody did that this year.

Just to be clear, I think the committee got it right, or as right as possible for this crazy season, and I don't feel bad for Noles fans, coaches or admin...just the players.

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I am sure it is not lost on FSU (and Clemson) they are hitched to a lower tier conference when compared to the SEC and Big 1G. The top 4 this year will be playing in the SEC and Big 1G next year. The power 5 is the power 2 next year. Clemson and FSU need their JP Morgan banker friends to scheme out a way to get them out of the ACC. 

I don't like that argument at all, because it's the same argument that aggy used when they ditched being a mediocre team in the B12 for being a mediocre team in the SEC, and it's the same argument some UT fans use to justify moving to the SEC.

If you're a great team in a P5, it don't make a shit what conference you're in - FSU should have beat a 6-6 Boston College by a shitload more than 2 points, they shouldn't have needed overtime to beat Clemson, and their last 4 games - while they blew out a 3-8 North Alabama, they beat a 6-4 Miami by 7 points, a 5-7 Florida by 9 points, and the CCG with Louisville should have been by a lot more than 10 points.

They had two problems that had nothing to do with their conference. - their OOC sucked this year, and they lost their QB against the North Alabama School for Deaf Teachers back around Thanksgiving, but he still had played in the Boston College and Miami games, and those should have been blowouts.  As for OOC, sucks that LSU was not as good as when they scheduled them, and it sucks that Clemson was down, but that happens to everybody at some point.

If FSU had blown out the teams that they should have all season and if they hadn't lost their QB and then their 2nd string, I think they are in.  

We all know they are going to get curb-stomped by Georgia or Ohio State, and that won't have anything to do with their conference either.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TxTower said:

I mean you can add that FSU had a much easier SOS than any of the other P5 conference champs and that they would get mudholed in any playoff game but it’s all about the four best teams. Even though they squeaked out some wins against inferior competition to remain undefeated, FSU proved they weren’t top 4.

I think after the Boston College and Clemson wins, they should have dropped more spots than they did, and then we maybe aren't having this conversation. Those were two signs in the first 3-4 games that they weren't a top 5 and maybe not a top 10 team.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

How do you think FSU will do against Ohio State or Georgia if they get the Orange Bowl (assuming Georgia doesn't take the Peach) ?  How do you think FSU would do against Michigan or Washington for that matter?

I guess I don't care?  Look, the games are going to be better, so that's cool.  But had Georgia won, they would have taken FSU at 4 in a heartbeat.  That doesn't matter now, but I absolutely believe that would have happened.  We, as UT fans, would be upset, but it would consistent with precedent and just way to clean for the committee to go against 4 undefeated playoff teams. 

Georgia lost, which meant we were in, and the SEC was placated with Bama because god forbid we have a playoff without the SEC.  It's as simple as that.   

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Doze said:

FSU has the argument that they went undefeated and won a P5 conference championship. 

If Bama would have gotten left out....they have no such argument.  UT beat them at home & gets in over them is all they need to know. 

Eye test is a subjective cop out, otherwise they shouldn't even play the games. 

They had that argument yesterday, but now that the ACC has had an undefeated champ not be able to get into a 4 team playoff, I think it's fair to say the ACC is no longer a P5 conference.

5 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm flabbergasted people keep saying this. They didn't even come close to doing everything they could

I'm as addicted to football as a person can be and watching about a quarter and a half of that game made me start to dislike the sport.  

There are exciting low scoring defensive battles...and there are games like that one. Just atrocious football.  If FSU got in to the CFP they'd lose by 28+. 

That's why Michigan reacted how they did to the Bama reveal. They wanted a bye --- FSU

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I guess I don't care?  Look, the games are going to be better, so that's cool.  But had Georgia won, they would have taken FSU at 4 in a heartbeat.  That doesn't matter now, but I absolutely believe that would have happened.  We, as UT fans, would be upset, but it would consistent with precedent and just way to clean for the committee to go against 4 undefeated playoff teams. 

Georgia lost, which meant we were in, and the SEC was placated with Bama because god forbid we have a playoff without the SEC.  It's as simple as that.   

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Hook 'Em 1

I believe Alabama would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Milroe unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.

I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Alabama's schedule.

I believe Texas would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Ewers unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.

I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Texas's schedule.

I believe Georgia would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Beck unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.

I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Georgia's schedule.

FSU is not in the top 4 for the same reason Liberty is not in the top 22.

• Hook 'Em 2

Rodemaker sucks ass too. He and FSU's offense were putrid against a terrible Florida defense that fired their DL/co-defensive coordinator and secondary coaches four days later. 

Here are Florida's season stats on defense. 

image.thumb.png.6617643738e916f1e2248edbd6f2b94b.png

UF gives up 409 ypg total offense, FSU managed only 224 yards.

UF gives up 259 ypg, Rodemaker managed only 134 yards. He was sub 50% passing at 12/25.

UF gives up 149 ypg on the ground, FSU managed only 90 yards on 31 carries. An average of 2.9 yards per carry.  

FSU was only up by 2 points with 3:00 to go in the game and won by a pedestrian 24-15. 

Even with Rodemaker at QB, they would get fucking annihilated by every other team in the top eight and would likely be beaten by at least the next four teams.

Oh they're big bad in clown town.  I'd love it if the playoff committee had announced the runner up and it was Georgia.

Didn't the ACC join some alliance that prevented earlier playoff expansion?  I seem to recall resistance to CFP expansion was ACC/PAC/BIG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, locodos said:

Oh they're big bad in clown town.  I'd love it if the playoff committee had announced the runner up and it was Georgia.

Didn't the ACC join some alliance that prevented earlier playoff expansion?  I seem to recall resistance to CFP expansion was ACC/PAC/BIG.

Someone here needs to summarize all the dumb shit that has happened because somebody was pissed off and irrational at/because Texas. The "Alliance" delaying the playoff expansion by 1 year only for it to blow up in their faces is just one of the most recent.

(And I'm still mad we never got HS football on the Longhorn Network.)

When the playoff goes to 12, the 13th-ish and so-on teams will be claiming they deserve to make it in.  Since football began somebody is always claiming they "deserve" to be considered.   Maybe some team just thinks they're entitled to be a part of it.  FSU hype and team performance didn't get the job done.  12-0 looks good with a back-up QB going into CCG, but the lack of offensive results in the game doesn't.  The committee selects the best teams, not deserving, or feel sorry for, or entitled.  Lack of results (poor offensive performance) is not best team criterion.  Life isn't fair and neither is football especially when there is human judgement element involved.  We lost Brooks and kept stacking "W's" and points like wood for winter. The ACC is not worthy of a P5 designation.  Suck it up Buttercup!  Got something to prove, then go out and plaster GA in the Orange.  It is a team sport, not a Travis Jordon sport, not an Ollie Gordon sport, take away FSU and OSU's one dimension and guess what?  They suck.  I'm looking forward to aggy kickin' cowboy ass in Houston and 'noles getting their shit shove in again in what would more or less be a home game for 'em. 

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Like 1

I believe Alabama would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Milroe unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.
I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Alabama's schedule.
I believe Texas would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Ewers unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.
I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Texas's schedule.
I believe Georgia would be 13-0 against FSU's schedule, even with Beck unavailable vs. Florida and Louisville.
I don't believe FSU, even with Travis for the full season and CCG, would be 12-1 or better against Georgia's schedule.
FSU is not in the top 4 for the same reason Liberty is not in the top 22.

What you believe shouldn’t matter. They went undefeated and had a decent OOC schedule. They should be in over Alabama.

The Alabama mulligan is making cfp boring.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

What you believe shouldn’t matter. They went undefeated and had a decent OOC schedule. They should be in over Alabama.

The Alabama mulligan is making cfp boring.

Well it's a fact that FSU turned down SEC membership so that they would have an easier path to MNC.    Karmas a bitch, they deserve it.

“I felt, Paul, that it was too difficult to win through the SEC to win a national championship,” Bowden stated. “I felt like our best route would be to go through the ACC and that did prove out to be correct. But, I don’t know if we could have made it through the SEC.”

• Hook 'Em 5

I think they deserved their shot and should have been in. The committee just couldn’t bring themselves to leave out the SEC though. People were worried about Bama jumping Texas because of SEC bias. Right about the root cause, wrong about how it would manifest.

It’s not Texas who is in at the expense of FSU so I’m not losing any sleep over that but I’d be livid as a FSU fan.

• Hook 'Em 2

As stated FSU making it into the CFB playoffs would have been a MSU/TCU slaughter-fest that nobody wants to watch.  I can't see how anyone could make the case that they are one of the top four teams right now?  

If they are really motivated, which I feel they are not, to prove everyone wrong, then they can state their case against GA.  More than likely they are going to get destroyed and put all this to bed.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I think they deserved their shot and should have been in. The committee just couldn’t bring themselves to leave out the SEC though. People were worried about Bama jumping Texas because of SEC bias. Right about the root cause, wrong about how it would manifest.

It’s not Texas who is in at the expense of FSU so I’m not losing any sleep over that but I’d be livid as a FSU fan.

Yep.  Buddy of mine is a huge FSU guy.  He is absolutely livid about it.  He said I get that the SEC is a huge brand, but this is bullshit.  I said yeah, SEC is a huge brand, but Texas is an even bigger brand than all of the SEC combined.  If they would have put a 1 loss Alabama in and not Texas, there would have been riots.  UT Law would be suing someone for damages.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:19 PM, TexArcher said:

Teams that would definitely beat FSU right now:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

Georgia

Ohio State

Oregon

Penn State

ou

Mizzou

LSU

Notre Dame

Iowa

Maybe Oklahoma State and a few others, but there are 12 above, and I don't see how any of them are arguable.  FSU is abysmal right now.  Yeah, yeah, tough injury, but we lost Brooks and we can still boat race a team ranked in the teens.  

So Florida State doesn't even deserve to be in the future 12-team format, much less the current 4-team format.

Texas A&M- Winners of all hypothetical games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

As stated FSU making it into the CFB playoffs would have been a MSU/TCU slaughter-fest that nobody wants to watch.  I can't see how anyone could make the case that they are one of the top four teams right now?  

If they are really motivated, which I feel they are not, to prove everyone wrong, then they can state their case against GA.  More than likely they are going to get destroyed and put all this to bed.  

Agreed.  What is the better game for ratings and recruiting, Mich vs FSU or Mich vs Alabama?  FSU's argument would be served had they won convincingly over a team they should easily won against.   Butthurt?  Go win over GA in a "fuck you CFP committee" manner.  In the meantime, wake and smell the coffee.  FSU isn't that great. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Pods said:

Rodemaker sucks ass too. He and FSU's offense were putrid against a terrible Florida defense that fired their DL/co-defensive coordinator and secondary coaches four days later. 

Here are Florida's season stats on defense. 

image.thumb.png.6617643738e916f1e2248edbd6f2b94b.png

UF gives up 409 ypg total offense, FSU managed only 224 yards.

UF gives up 259 ypg, Rodemaker managed only 134 yards. He was sub 50% passing at 12/25.

UF gives up 149 ypg on the ground, FSU managed only 90 yards on 31 carries. An average of 2.9 yards per carry.  

FSU was only up by 2 points with 3:00 to go in the game and won by a pedestrian 24-15. 

Even with Rodemaker at QB, they would get fucking annihilated by every other team in the top eight and would likely be beaten by at least the next four teams.

Let's not forget that it was a 2 point game when FSU got bailed out by the targeting call. It was the right call, but the game with UF was neck and neck the whole way and that was also with our backup QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Fuck FSU. Their bitchasses tried to blow up the ACC over the summer for money after years of doing jack and shit. I hope both teams lose the Orange Bowl.

Btw I’m already hearing from Georgia fans that they “don’t want to be there” emoji23.png

Mutthurt indeed.

Oh, I could totally see this being like the Florida-Oklahoma game a few years ago where after missing the playoffs, we had like 7 starters sit out for the NFL and the rest of our receiving corps miss the game on COVID protocol while Oklahoma came ready to play and prove something.

Norvell is still trying to prove that he's not the same coach that lost to an FCS team 3 years ago and has been getting bailed out by Travis the last 2 seasons. It'll be interesting to see if he can convince everyone to play while UGA guys sit out.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TxTower said:

Unfortunately for Free Shoes U they lost their starting QB and exhibited play evidencing that they were clearly no longer one of the four best teams in the country.

End of story.

The argument of losing the starting QB falls apart when looking back to the first playoff in 2014.

Ohio State was on their 3rd string QB, Cardell Jones. Jones first starting game was the big 10 champ game. tOSU was winning with their running game (zeke) and defense. Jones only threw 17 passes in the big 10 champ game. tOSU beat #1 bama in the semis and oregon in the champ game.

• Like 2

All fsu had to do was run the wildcat and they would have dominated lewisville.  Instead they were 1 dropped pass away from being REALLY humiliated.  And their defense is not playoff level no matter what the booth idiots kept saying.  More than a little convinced thrash and plummer were tanking it on purpose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GenXer said:

The argument of losing the starting QB falls apart when looking back to the first playoff in 2014.

Ohio State was on their 3rd string QB, Cardell Jones. Jones first starting game was the big 10 champ game. tOSU was winning with their running game (zeke) and defense. Jones only threw 17 passes in the big 10 champ game. tOSU beat #1 bama in the semis and oregon in the champ game.

tOSU was destroying teams, especially leading up to the conference game - then they dominated Wisky 59-0 after beating MI by two scores.  FSU is barely limping across the finish line

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

tOSU was destroying teams, especially leading up to the conference game - then they dominated Wisky 59-0 after beating MI by two scores.  FSU is barely limping across the finish line

So, teams can win without an exceptional QB.

13 minutes ago, GenXer said:

So, teams can win without an exceptional QB.

Cardale Jones wasn’t your typical 3rd string QB. He was a bruising fullback that could throw the ball and was difficult to prepare for. Rodemaker and FSUs 3rd string we saw Saturday do not have any raw athleticism to make up for their lack of experience. They both suck

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1