Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (Netflix, Summer 2024, Bruckheimer, Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, Jospeh Gordon-Levitt)

atomheartbevo

Detective Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) is back on the beat in Beverly Hills. After his daughter’s life is threatened, she (Taylour Paige) and Foley team up with a new partner (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and old pals Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) and John Taggart (John Ashton) to turn up the heat and uncover a conspiracy.

From Producers Jerry Bruckheimer, Eddie Murphy, Chad Oman, and Director Mark Molloy. Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F. Only on Netflix, Summer 2024.

Trailer coming out tomorrow:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

When hollywood doesn't even bother to try its shitty reboots in theaters anymore . . . this is what we get.  

I don't know why anybody would watch this movie, it's not like there's a bunch of us who grew up in the 80s and will easily get sucked into nostalgia traps.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Is this a universe where we all pretend Beverly Hills Cop 3 didn't exist?

40 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i legitimately didn't know it existed.  i just pulled up the cast and lol.

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

I don't think I ever saw it, and may not have realized it came out.

It came out in 1994, which was the year of Dumb and Dumber, True Lies, Ancient Chinese Whorehouse, Pulp Fiction, Chasers, Speed, and a bunch of other memorable movies, plus John Candy died a few months before BHC3 came out.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Is this a universe where we all pretend Beverly Hills Cop 3 didn't exist?

i already live in that universe.  i saw it in the theaters and haven't given it another thought.  actually, i think about it every time i'm scrolling through the guide and think it's beverly hills cop 2 but then look closer and see that it's 3 and keep scrolling.

i have a feeling that this is going to be kinda like how michael scott described the evolution of john mclane.  axel used to be a savvy detroit cop with street smarts who kinda played by his own rules and had that bugs bunny thing where he ran around and got away with stuff and left his counterparts (bhpd) chasing their tails.

now it seems like he's gonna be an action hero.  maybe he was in bhc3, but again, i don't recognize that movie.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, Incredulity said:

I'm going to choose to live in a world where this movie and BHC 3 don't exist.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

John Candy died a few months before BHC3 came out.

So, John Candy got an advanced screening and could not pretend BHC 3 didn't exist?

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

So, John Candy got an advanced screening and could not pretend BHC 3 didn't exist?

Unknown, but he died well before Ancient Chinese Whorehouse came out that fall, so he probably didn’t get an advanced screening,

And speaking of, went and looked, and they still don’t have a 4K or even a Blu-ray release, which is annoying.

51br2XK+2UL.jpg

On 12/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, bschoolprof said:

When hollywood doesn't even bother to try its shitty reboots in theaters anymore . . . this is what we get.  

On 12/14/2023 at 9:03 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know why anybody would watch this movie, it's not like there's a bunch of us who grew up in the 80s and will easily get sucked into nostalgia traps.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Maverick's success gets sequels like this a pass from me.  Done right you can nail it.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Maverick's success gets sequels like this a pass from me.  Done right you can nail it.

Yep, and this looks like they are doing it right, bringing everybody back.

I was at my kids' school a few hours ago for an activity, and was talking to some other older parents, and mentioned the new movie, and told them Murphy and Judge Reinhold are back, with a huge chunk of the supporting cast, with Jerry Bruckheimer producing, and they were all like

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I feel like this has some potential.  It's not one of the Adam Sandler collecting-a-paycheck Netflix movies.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I feel like this has some potential.  It's not one of the Adam Sandler collecting-a-paycheck Netflix movies.

I'm expecting on the level of Coming to America 2 or that Matrix movie that came out a year or two ago. Not bad, but not something you're ever gonna watch again. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

So I just looked and we are getting a $200 million Twister sequel or something, but Helen Hunt and the others won't be back (obviously Paxton can't be in it).

simon cowell facepalm GIF

And don't forget the greatest character from the original also won't be in it, sadly.

twister-food.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

There’s a Beverly Hills Cop 3? I’ve also heard there’s an Indiana Jones 4, but I’m pretty sure that’s not true.

Somebody said there was a Star Wars sequel and I'm like "What?  The Death Star got blown up by Luke Skywalker, dude. Ain't going to be a sequel."

• Haha 1