Strongest Solar Flare of this Solar Cycle…

Rip76

Posted (edited)

Me: Hey we have 4 coronal mass ejections headed our way (wound up being 3 more after)

Everyone: oh boy here is that nutter freak again

Now:

image.thumb.png.49eb74084a1c6736dd1ce30a6859741a.png

My response:

No regrets
To bring me no tears
Never scared of things men fear
Never easy
Never clean
To be a beast among human sheep
I am fear
I am your heretic
I am your doom
Waiting for the number
7 on 7
To the 6 on 6
Bring it on to me

Edited by Pimphand

21 hours ago, immamac said:

I mean it’s a good idea to have protections in place for a major EMP type event. Im not sure precious metals matter though. 

Precious metals absolutely matter because they are the best counterparty free risk asset.  An asset is only as good as the counterparty whose liability it is can make good on it.  The world is about to stop buying US debt and dedollarize which will trigger the worlds greatest game of musical chairs/hot potato and both you, me, and most the people we know will draw shortest straw and have nothing.  Boston Fed literally wrote a comic about it... https://www.bostonfed.org/publications/economic-education/road-to-roota.aspx

Also how many of you freaks have shungite?  Honest question....

Karelian shungite literally you need to glue that shit to your cellphone and have it around your hoses but I bet the answer is 0.

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

3 hours since last check:

Florida -13k

Cali +3k

England flat

Manitoba enters the chat

MB: 2836

ON:  2404

QE: 2235

AB: 1098

BC: 295

medline: steady yellow

situation: nominal

image.png.1e8fb999ab5aa1ae4fa5925b0007c4b1.png

25 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Also how many of you freaks have shungite?  Honest question....

Karelian shungite literally you need to glue that shit to your cellphone and have it around your hoses but I bet the answer is 0.

image.thumb.png.d1700e996260fbd14e1025b7ed9541ac.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

here is the top ercot result on "series compensation".... it's a .ppt deck from 2014 and i can't figure out we have "series compensation" on our ERCOT transmission lines.... anyway this is a .ppt

If it cost ERCOT money, they probably didn’t do it.

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Precious metals absolutely matter because they are the best counterparty free risk asset.  An asset is only as good as the counterparty whose liability it is can make good on it.  The world is about to stop buying US debt and dedollarize which will trigger the worlds greatest game of musical chairs/hot potato and both you, me, and most the people we know will draw shortest straw and have nothing.  Boston Fed literally wrote a comic about it... https://www.bostonfed.org/publications/economic-education/road-to-roota.aspx

So we should spend a shitload of money on precious metals, so that when everything collapses, I can somehow barter with it, which coincidentally advertises to the people I come into contact with that I am a dumbass with precious metals that should be robbed. That’s assuming they actually care about such things as precious metals in the apocalypse, because we all somehow will have the ability (small furnace and molds) to take those gold coins and gold bars and melt them down into smaller denominations and there will be some kind of centralized system that communicates with everybody how much gold or silver it takes to buy a bushel of corn.

At least you’re not one of those dumbasses trying to push crypto on everybody.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I honestly want to know how y'all got through this world

By not throwing rocks off of overpasses, Living in the Philippines, or believing that Tom Hanks and Oprah Winfrey are drinking the fluids of children to stay…looking like they are in their 60s..

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I prefer farmable land with a ground water source owned free and clear with lots of seed. In the event of an infrastructure collapse precious metals aren’t gonna do shit. Having your own electrical water and food supply with no burden is what’s gonna be a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My daughter and SIL live on the eastern edge of the Twin Cities, but the light pollution was such that they would’ve had to drive into Wisconsin for a good view. 

Someone in S Minneapolis sent me this - 45th and France area just north of Edina.

IMG_20240511_184226.thumb.jpg.e950a8edd1eaeebc5825fe6101715bfa.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

welp, so far i have been totally wrong and i fully capitulate to taking crow up the ass, no lube, etc.

sanctify me

I had a lovely day.  Phone and internet worked when I needed, which wasn't often.  Saw some good friends, drank some good drinks, and enjoyed the outdoors.  I'm sure Pimphand did not.

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I would, but I’m busy trying out my new Karelian shungite cock ring. It’s magnificent.

Does it bother you that it was cut and polished by 12 year-olds in Vietnam?  And does the high amount of lead affect anything?

Well that was disappointing.  Shouldn't be all be in the stone age right now and chucking spears at our neighbors who hoarded gold and silver?  Yet, here I am.  Drinking coffee and reading nonsense on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well that was disappointing.  Shouldn't be all be in the stone age right now and chucking spears at our neighbors who hoarded gold and silver?  Yet, here I am.  Drinking coffee and reading nonsense on the internet.

Well, you should be tanning your balls for the full effect

e3cb007de1a315660890d56f7bb15501

• Haha 1

Daughter wanted to find dark skies and we got some good shots. Had to use super dark mode (daughter knew how to set it after reading an article). To the eye it looked like a light pollution haze but in a direction with no cities nearby. For comparison, the last shot is facing the other direction towards the city. Pretty cool to see it even if the phone was required.

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3429.jpeg

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 7:41 PM, immamac said:

I prefer farmable land with a ground water source owned free and clear with lots of seed. In the event of an infrastructure collapse precious metals aren’t gonna do shit. Having your own electrical water and food supply with no burden is what’s gonna be a thing. 

Pimp, when all you have are Krugerrands or Maple leafs or Pandas, whether it’s a rifle or a cup of coffee - everything is  gonna cost one of them. 

Imma, once I had freshwater and access to a bay or the gulf, I would be fine.   You are going to run out of deer pretty quickly - and it will take awhile to grow stuff, assuming you get enough water and good weather and no pests - but there is always gonna be shrimp and fish to eat in the Gulf.  I think a strongly built elevated Fish camp in the middle of God awful nowhere would be a good contender if you had a fresh water source.   Hell, if you had a big enough tarp and a collection tank, rainstorms would probably keep you adequately supplied with freshwater.  

In some sort of world calamity you probably don’t need to survive more than a year, because large portions of the population will be gone after that.  The main thing is to get far away from people as you can, because people are dangerous, stupid things. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 5/10/2024 at 11:36 PM, F250 said:

I suspect it's probably a combination of their belief in "End Times" and the persecution they experienced. It wasn't until I started reading Zane Grey novels that I got an appreciation for the persecution that the LDS experienced. In Riders of the Purple Sage the LDS were portrayed as over the top villains.

I was mid-way through Purple Sage when I did some reading on anti-Mormonism. I had no idea how much of an outcast LDS people were back in the day.

It's almost like it takes a really stupid and unlikable person to hop onto a religion that was founded by a grave-digging con-man, rooted in anti-indian racism of the time, and claimed that only he could read the holy texts and that mormons arrived in America hundreds of years before anyone else as the last tribe of Zion or some shit. 

We used to justifiably ostracize those guys from society. Now we let the Pimphands of the world run free. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I don't even think I had a cell outage all weekend. Was bummed the weather in Houston didn't allow for any viewing of the northern lights. 

Also, lol, when I saw this thread pop back up I knew Pimphand was on here losing his fucking mind even more than it's already lost. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't even think I can cell outage all weekend. 

Internet service at my office was wonky on Friday.  I had a weird error on a Venmo payment yesterday, but it eventually went through.  That was it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:06 AM, Brisketexan said:

One of the things I love about this brand of nutbattery is the idea that 1) total economic and social collapse is coming, so one of the keys is 2) buy precious metals.

Dude.  When society and the economy collapses, precious metals are just shiny baubles.  NOTHING THAT IS NOT UTILITARIAN WILL HAVE VALUE.  If we are REALLY heading for total social and economic collapse, the only metal you should be buying is lead, cast into ammo and topping off a powder-filled brass casing.

It's like they buy into the doom fantasy....but only partially.  Just enough to support their goldbug/silverbug erection.  Lying to yourself in a different flavor is still lying to yourself.

But let's get back to the shutdown of all of our communications today and tomorrow ("widespread service disruptions").  If we all still have service tomorrow, meaning that pimphand's promises of impending doom are bullshit, will he eat crow?  Sings point to "no."

This weekend, I did not:

1) buy bullion

2) grow my own food (well, that's not true -- our little lemon tree is coming along quite nicely, I really think we're gonna get a half dozen lemons this year, so that's cool)

3) lose cell service

4) lose any technology (well, the Apple TV signal on the Austin FC match on Saturday night went black for a couple of seconds twice....maybe that was solar flare-related?  Or maybe it was the continuing shittiness of the Apple MLS broadcast, which has been an issue all season)

5) die in a massive collapse of civilization and society

All in all, a pretty decent little weekend.  No doom.  Which, as a longtime holder of real property on The Ledge, disappoints me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So, we had a lot of eggs yesterday at Mother's Day brunch.  And they don't always agree with me.  So to get overly personal...I'm in the restroom this morning having my own "solar flare."  And I decide to call the U.S. House committee on I.T. & Cybersecurity.  noCR/ I inquire as whether or not any committee members believe this solar event may have been caused by Jewish Space Lasers.  I just got a call back a moment ago indicating that I may be involved in a formal investigation into inciting panic amongst the public.  And then I honestly sat in thought for a moment about whether or not the simulation is also undergoing disruption due to the said solar flares and my own psychosis.  This all happened in the last 72 hours, here in America.  The place you all think is real while I may be disciplined for suggesting Israeli Electromagnetic Pulses are causing Coronal Mass Ejections from our home star by Congress.  

I don't know how any of our grandchildren are going to read any of our history and not just shrug and giggle, "Oh, so it wasn't just grandpa.  Everybody back then was fucking insane."  

On 5/9/2024 at 7:30 PM, Pimphand said:

Four CMEs from X class flares headed to earth. Going to have widespread service disruptions starting tomorrow night and all through Saturday.

Surly message board geniuses:

image.thumb.png.beea93e8e6f331134b0099ab45f082b5.pngy my fon no werk

y game no werk

One day you scrubs will get it but it will likely be after the dollar dies the financial system collapses then you agree to your masters terms accepting UBI & CBDC because you were too stupid to maintain your freedom. Of course by then they may have you so hopped up on dopamine that you won't so needless to say I won't be holding my breath.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:21 PM, Pimphand said:

Bookmark this post you stupid clowns

On 5/9/2024 at 10:32 PM, Pimphand said:

A Severe (G4) Geomagnetic Storm Watch Has Been Issued For The First Time In Nearly Two Decades!

Eat shit you stockholm syndrome bitches 

These aged poorly.  Kook. 

47 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It turns out that the real EMPs are the friends we made along the way. 

All I know is that I tended to my wife's boreal and austral regions Saturday, and she lit up like an aurora.  I presume that counts.

Posted (edited)

Didn’t see shit here in Hawaii despite Maui having one of the darkest skies on the planet. But I did steal a mango off of my neighbors tree this morning to feel like I was a part of the post apocalypse lifestyle. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Drool 1

There are two spots of dead, burnt grass on my backyard.  So they are either due to my inability to properly use a spray spreader for my Scotts Turfbuilder fertilizer Saturday - or the solar flares have started to kill my yard. 

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

There are two spots of dead, burnt grass on my backyard.  So they are either due to my inability to properly use a spray spreader for my Scotts Turfbuilder fertilizer Saturday - or the solar flares have started to kill my yard. 

Godspeed