2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

A guy from the Brazos River Authority said last summer that Lake Waco was losing about half an inch a day to evaporation

Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

• Haha 4

I'd just like to point out that I'm not part of the argument about whether or not "rain bomb" is a stupid or annoying phrase, I don't care one way or the other.

I'm simply commenting that the first time I ever heard it used was about the Marble Falls rain event in 2007, and that it was not used regarding the Memorial Day flood of 1981, at the time of that event.

You know, for the record.

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'd just like to point out that I'm not part of the argument about whether or not "rain bomb" is a stupid or annoying phrase, I don't care one way or the other.

I'm simply commenting that the first time I ever heard it used was about the Marble Falls rain event in 2007, and that it was not used regarding the Memorial Day flood of 1981, at the time of that event.

Rain bomb denier. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Bbc Reaction GIF by Line of Duty

• Haha 1

Latest Euro model could really bode well for Lake Buchanan over the next week. Three inches of rain over the watershed would bri g it up another foot or two.

IMG_1675.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

Latest Euro model could really bode well for Lake Buchanan over the next week. Three inches of rain over the watershed would bri g it up another foot or two.

IMG_1675.jpeg

As wet as it is now, that 3" would pretty much all run off. Fingers crossed. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The forecast will shift that and dump it all over East Texas.  Y'all know how this goes.

We just had the perfect bullseye rain bomb on Lake Buchanan. Cheer up Eeyore, good things can happen. 

Edited by Hate

They'll have access to sufficient water once the Alliance Regional Water Authority finishes out construction of their Phase 1B, though the next phase will probably be coming up sooner than originally planned

50 minutes ago, texasdago said:

The Austin rain dome has scarred me

You moved from Houston in part due to the rain, and now you are in Austin complaining about the lack of rain??

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

You moved from Houston in part due to the rain, and now you are in Austin complaining about the lack of rain??

Shoot... when you move here there are certain things you bitch about.  I bitch about the rain dome.  I choose not to bitch about old Austin.  Also, every time I see craziness like what's going on in north Houston, I tell my wife... "I'll take this over that any day"

• Hook 'Em 2

Just bustin balls. Yes, I’d take a dry house over one with water in it every day. 

and I still bitch about old Austin. I’ll never move back to Austin. 

Posted (edited)

This guy just said there are reports of baseball and tennisball size hail, driven by 80-90 mph winds knocking out windows, associated with that storm near Brady. Also, a tornado warning...

Edited by bolverk
Link