2024 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:
12 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:
Looks like we might get our snow game in Buffalo after all:

apparently they were shoveling in shifts all night and it kinda looks like they didn't put much of a dent in it...

If you are Buffalo, why the hell wouldn't you put a heater under the field when you built the stadium?

or better yet, have a goddam DOME on your new stadium

#gopackgo I'm from TX love UT but fuck Cowboys. I, like my father before me, wanted Houston Oliers to live. Fuck jerray and fuck yall's tears. BTW I started to cheer for those cheese curds when I was young. I hate Aa-ron. But go Jordan Love. Lol at yall
I know a Mexican dude who hasn't been further north than Dallas. But that mofo loves the Packers. It's crazy.

The biggest losers this weekend were the poor fans who forked out $$ for a Peacock subscription and were still forced to sit through the same bad commercials. Peacock then posted about hosting the largest-streamed event of all time. Congrats, I guess, but they failed to mention that Peacock lost $2 billion in 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The biggest losers this weekend were the poor fans who forked out $$ for a Peacock subscription and were still forced to sit through the same bad commercials. Peacock then posted about hosting the largest-streamed event of all time. Congrats, I guess, but they failed to mention that Peacock lost $2 billion in 2023. 

The NFL should be ashamed for doing that. The PRIME games are bad enough. But fucking the fans like that was uncalled for. However, based on your post, they got away with it and will do it again.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The NFL should be ashamed for doing that. The PRIME games are bad enough. But fucking the fans like that was uncalled for. However, based on your post, they got away with it and will do it again.

Watched it on one of 37 streams linked by sportsurge. No cost. No problems. Fuck the Peacock.

Edited by Tex Long
Because fuck NFL, too.
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

or better yet, have a goddam DOME on your new stadium

I mean all teams north having a dome for the one game a year that might be in a blizzard.   Where’s the fun in that?   Screw that we need snow games and Buffalo fans aren’t fragile they don’t want to sit inside.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

FYI streameast > sportsurge

FYI streameast is specifically one of the 37 linked BY sportsurge.

I'd call sportsurge more an aggregator, not a streamer. Streameast is usually at the top of sportsurge's lists (ranked by users) for any given sport / game. If - and when - streameast's feed sucks, there're another 30 or so to try.

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like we might get our snow game in Buffalo after all:

apparently they were shoveling in shifts all night and it kinda looks like they didn't put much of a dent in it...

lol. The seats/rows are one thing…but if the concourse is plugged, that’s a whole other development.

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean all teams north having a dome for the one game a year that might be in a blizzard.   Where’s the fun in that?   Screw that we need snow games and Buffalo fans aren’t fragile they don’t want to sit inside.  

I really wish that Minnesota, Detroit, and Indy would have built outdoor stadiums.

Part of the issue in Minnesota was that it's a taxpayer funded facility (I guess the others probably are too) and they needed to make it indoors to have shit like boat shows, concerts, etc through the winter to drive revenue.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I really wish that Minnesota, Detroit, and Indy would have built outdoor stadiums.

Part of the issue in Minnesota was that it's a taxpayer funded facility (I guess the others probably are too) and they needed to make it indoors to have shit like boat shows, concerts, etc through the winter to drive revenue.

best solution is retractable roof. 

48 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Houston built a convention hall building next to the stadium to host events like that. It's a nice facility to do indoor/outdoor stuff for the rodeo, car shows, etc. More stadiums should do that, as it allows for all the public transportation services and parking to be utilized for lots more activities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

depends on conditions, if blizzard then yes, otherwise open. 

It would be a huge headache to manage in winter.  The Brewers are the only northern pro sports team I can think of that uses one, and they have to deal with snow maybe every 4 years or snow during the season.

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Houston built a convention hall building next to the stadium to host events like that. It's a nice facility to do indoor/outdoor stuff for the rodeo, car shows, etc. More stadiums should do that, as it allows for all the public transportation services and parking to be utilized for lots more activities. 

Minnesota didn't have the space in the current location to do something like that, and they legitimately utilize that whole football field space for a lot of shit in the winter.  My cousin's wife is one of the event coordinators for the stadium, and they have stuff going on in there all the time that I had zero awareness of.

As much as I hate that taxpayers are faced with funding the stadium or losing their team, I do think in this particular instance that they're generating a lot of usefulness from the facility despite my disdain for indoor football, particularly when you have harsh outdoor elements to embrace.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

not really, retract time isn't much. 

Retracting a roof with tons of snow on it or closing it after snow starts falling and sticking to the tracks might be a bit more difficult than doing it in 75 degree weather.  

I mean your idea is hey let's get this place who clearly doesn't want a straight-up dome because they believe the elements gives them an advantage to spend money on a roof that retracts so they can still have elements give them an advantage?  Why would they do that for the once every great once in a while the elements simply become too much.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Retracting a roof with tons of snow on it or closing it after snow starts falling and sticking to the tracks might be a bit more difficult than doing it in 75 degree weather.  

I mean your idea is hey let's get this place who clearly doesn't want a straight-up dome because they believe the elements gives them an advantage to spend money on a roof that retracts so they can still have elements give them an advantage?  Why would they do that for the once every great once in a while the elements simply become too much.  

for fan comfort and better player performance on both sides.   Houston, Dallas, NOLA have NFL domes and it's not because of blizzards. 

57 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If in your world "best" means "costing more than the stadium itself, and fucking nearly never works when you finally use it", then yeah.

that's not true

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Go play intramurals brutha. 

Dome Sweet Dome.  Houston Oiler/Texan fans prefer a dome.  Better for fans and players, and scantily clad cheerleaders FTW.  

From Sports Illustrated: 

Poor Mike Tirico was forced to utter the words, “Congratulations to our Comcast and NBCUniversal teammates, thanks to commissioner Roger Goodell and our partners at the NFL and all of the fans on this record-setting collaboration. A milestone moment in media and sports history.”

A milestone moment? History? 

Here’s the real version of what Tirico should’ve said in that embarrassing video:

“Roger Goodell sold an NFL playoff game to Peacock for $110 million, and NFL fans subscribed to Peacock to watch the game. We knew this would happen because Americans love the NFL more than anything, so thank you for going along with our plan of holding you hostage. And you might as well make sure you’re subscribed to Paramount+ and ESPN+ now because the NFL will be selling playoff games to those streaming services, too.”

• Hook 'Em 1