Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

If I am Washington I go grab Pete Carroll at least as a consultant. He still wants to coach. Fuck his desk job with Seattle. That would bring some excitement and buzz for a year or two. You just need him as a stop gap to grab the next up and coming coordinator/HC. 

If it’s true that the Bama AD has had his eye on DeBoer for a couple of months at least—interesting how it worked out for them. I don’t see any of the other candidates having the temperament and steady going nature to work with Saban and the boosters. Kalen isn’t afraid of the shoes he’s filling. He can certainly deal with crazy Bama folks. 

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean until the last couple years and a few under Peterson would you really call Washington a good football school…

Good at football? No. But they certainly are a football school. One doesn't necessarily mean the other.

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean until the last couple years and a few under Peterson would you really call Washington a good football school…

Don James served as Husky head coach for 18 seasons, from 1975 until August 1993. He led the Huskies to a national championship in 1991. While at Washington, James' teams won four Rose Bowls, the Orange Bowl in January 1985, and had a 10–4record in all bowl games. Overall, James tallied a 153–57–2 (.726)record at Washington, including a then-record 98 wins in Pacific-10 Conference play

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

People keep trying to draw comparisons from Harsin to DeBoer it’s such a joke. Harsin was a Scientology weirdo. He did alright at Texas and he was good for Boise State but the career trajectory and wins and losses aren’t equal. Not even close. He didn’t want to gel with the boosters or highschool coaches or do all the things expected. He was a bad fit because he’s not a P5 (or whatever P3 now) HC. DeBoer wins everywhere he’s been and a winner will always fit in. If he wants to badly enough. Auburn is kinda a wreck how they have run things. Their AD is crazy and their BMDs are as meddlesome as ours. At least now we have ours under control. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Are we expecting any portal athletes from Georgia? Getting on my flight from Austin to Atlanta and definitely a Georgia player on my plane. Could just have family here though. 

I was trying to visualize DeBoer with the Bear Bryant style hat on. Could never see Saban in that look but Saban beyond exceeded everyone’s wildest expectations .

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

My theory is that Seattle/the PNW is a well known gestation area for serial killers. Doboer has spent several years now murdering vagrants and call girls on the side. Now he has an opportunity to head to new hunting grounds, where the hotter temps help bodies decompose quicker. 

Image of When they're dead they're just hookers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Damn, a Scientologist with a softball-playing daughter.  Looks like somebody didn't conduct proper due diligence.  I don't see him lasting long at Bama.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Hire a new coach who had exactly 3 losses in his last two seasons at a powerish school including a Sugar Bowl win? Texas did do that.

Maybe he meant, why couldn't Texas have hired a white guy 12 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hire a new coach who had exactly 3 losses in his last two seasons at a powerish school including a Sugar Bowl win? Texas did do that.

Sure, but also, imagine that the coach has a super-talented QB that makes him look really great.  I'm sure Texas never did that.

• Rage+1 1

This is the part I hate about college football. How many times has DeBoer told his players that they have to buy in. Be all in. Sacrifice for UW, etc etc. Same as every other coach, and then they up and leave.

Thankfully the players can up and leave because these guys are not recruited by the school, it’s the coach and program.

• Like 3