2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

I read the article below and it just infuriates me.  I could have put this in the abortion thread also. My main conclusion after reading it is that most of America seems to be ignorant and unable to have a thought of their own.  The article shows that for woman that backed Trump before, while abortion is kind of important to them, they will still vote for Trump.  They don't blame him for Roe V Wade being overturned because they are too dumb to connect the dots of Trump and the Republican Party putting the judges and laws in place to do it. 

The other thing I noticed is the interviewer mentioned that the women regurgitate certain things that obviously come straight from Trump and Fox News type of sources (Sleepy Biden or their comments about immigrants).  By the way, I should add that while my statements above are about women, I feel the same about most men in this country.  There are just way too many citizens in the US that are idiots.  They believe everything they hear from their echo chamber and don't have the ability to step back and say to themselves, maybe I am being used by these folks and lied to just for my vote.  It also shows how effective the Republicans are at messaging.  Immigration, while a big issue, should not be the main issue of some suburban women from Pennsylvania.  I can see it hitting close to home for many people in states like TX, AZ and CA but for these women in PA to have this as one of their main issues proves how good Fox News is at what they do.   

These women support Trump and abortion rights — and feel they don't have to choose (nbcnews.com)

• Rage+1 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:34 PM, DixonHur said:

How in the world did you get to that conclusion from that post?

We need to fix the underlying issues...IE systematic racism.  Not just write a check.

Sounds like you agree that we need to get rid of the Republican party, or at least label it a domestic terrorist group.

23 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is in the New York Times. 

image.png.348a94e163d1c700682e034ab405e6b6.png

I don't know, I feel like actually listening to Trump speak recently should have been a prerequisite for writing this article, but i suppose not.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know, I feel like actually listening to Trump speak recently should have been a prerequisite for writing this article, but i suppose not.

The NYT is basically just taking the Trump campaign’s words at face value 

Speaking with CNN's Ashley Banfield on "The Legal View" Tuesday about Trump's fumble, spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said, "After you've done several events over a short time period, people misspeak all of the time -- slip of the tongue."

Okay cool, then the same standard applies to Biden 

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Anyone who still claims the media is biased towards democrats should be kneed in the balls 

Just turned on CNN. They showed the clip of Trump threatening NATO at the beginning but then pivoted to talk about Bidens age for 10 minutes with the panel. 

The “media” has failed this country. A presidential candidate said he would encourage our enemy to attack our allies and these stupid cunts skip over it and talk about Bidens age for 10 minutes 

Our country deserves what’s coming 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just turned on CNN. They showed the clip of Trump threatening NATO at the beginning but then pivoted to talk about Bidens age for 10 minutes with the panel. 

The “media” has failed this country. A presidential candidate said he would encourage our enemy to attack our allies and these stupid cunts skip over it and talk about Bidens age for 10 minutes 

The good news is, it's February.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He's not getting any younger, so this isn't going to stop. Fast forward to this summer and you can edit your post to "CNN opened their show with Trump promising to nuke Paris if elected, and then pivoted to talk about Biden's age for 10 minutes." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's not getting any younger, so this isn't going to stop. Fast forward to this summer and you can edit your post to "CNN opened their show with Trump promising to nuke Paris if elected, and then pivoted to talk about Biden's age for 10 minutes." 

I think they'll get bored with it.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I think they'll get bored with it.

I'd rather this be a talking point right now than have had this report come out a couple of weeks prior to the election, a la Comey.  9 months is a long time for a lot of other shit to happen.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The “media” has failed this country.

No question, but at some point, you have to own your strategy, and that's on the Dems.  And you have to accept the fact that we live in a democracy and it's the fucking voters' fault. 

So to me:

1) Fuck the voters for supporting one of the top three or four cunts in the 21st century to date.

2) Bless the dems hearts and pray to non-MAGA jesus for things to work out.

3) Don't read, discuss or retweet shitty media.  (PSA: not going to help but may make you less crazy)

16 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

No question, but at some point, you have to own your strategy, and that's on the Dems.  And you have to accept the fact that we live in a democracy and it's the fucking voters' fault. 

So to me:

1) Fuck the voters for supporting one of the top three or four cunts in the 21st century to date.

2) Bless the dems hearts and pray to non-MAGA jesus for things to work out.

3) Don't read, discuss or retweet shitty media.  (PSA: not going to help but may make you less crazy)

If there is good news about CNN, it's that no one is watching.  That's part of the reason they are doing this shit, they have no credibility with the right, and now, they pretty much have no credibility on the left.  Good job guys, who are you marketing to?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

“A trim, silver-haired Joe Biden stumbled as reporters shouted questions at him in a marathon press conference, raising grave doubts about his mental acuity and readiness. In stark contrast, his obese rival painted his face orange and screamed that Russia should attack Europe— delivering a masterclass of confidence and competence.” 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Apparently sputtering out sentence fragments and verbal diarrhea with some xenophobia mixed in = "confidence and stamina"

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Apparently sputtering out sentence fragments and verbal diarrhea with some xenophobia mixed in = "confidence and stamina"

He confidently misstated 9/11 as 7/11. That’s leadership. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Well to be fair, they both involved Arabs.  

I know most journalists don't want to piss off any network/editorial brass that may lose their outlet ad revenue.  But come the fuck on-your clip would at least go viral and you'd probably get a shortlived talkshow out of it before being murdered by MAGA nation.  Just ask Trump "And Mr. President, what does the abbreviation N.A.T.O. stand for?"  And then just zoom in and bask in the fame.  

"Uh, well of course i know what it stands for.  I was President and will be again.  A lot of people don't know it stands for, but I know because I know words.  I have the best words."

-Yes sir, so if you could just tell me what the acronym means...would be super helpful.

"Fine.......

N is for the 'N' in Man

A is for 'A Woman'

T is for 'TV' 

O is for 'Oh, look a camera.  Are you satisfied?  I mean, I don't want to make you look bad...but come on, this is easy for me."  

• Haha 1

Some of these journalists certainly have to had studied history whilst getting their degrees, right?  

I get the pressure to create clicks and eyeballs.  But at some point, they and their editors realize...the very first people rounded up over the centuries are the news people?  I mean, we do that so that nobody can repot on what we do next.  I mean, this isn't even paranoia.  It's just how we do it because 60% of the time, it works every time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The shitlib dem media: “Covering a competent and normal president is just sooooo boring.”

image.thumb.jpeg.ed59f3081df423f7fec0cc7aace1896c.jpeg

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Poor reporters just want the lulz.  Treating their job like they are scrolling through TikTok videos.   

If Trump wins and starts rounding up and imprisoning journalists I will pull out the world’s smallest violin for these fucktards

• Hook 'Em 1