2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know a lot of people keep saying the Trumpkins are keeping their public support quiet, but they sure as hell weren't during 2016 and 2020.  They are the cross-fitters of the political world, and just like cross-fitters have to tell everybody they are into Crossfit, the Trumpkins wouldn't shut the fuck up about supporting Trump in 2016 and 2020, so I don't know why all of the sudden they would go quiet about it. I'm also not seeing MAGA hats like I used to.

While I'm sure I missed some signs of bigly Trump support between Austin and Conroe, it was still weird to see a big-ass Trump 2024 flag and I would have noticed Trump flags/signs had I seen them before Conroe.  In years past, I saw a lot more on that drive.  Shit, I wasn't even seeing big-ass Trump 2020 signs/flags.

Granted, it’s still early.  

however,  I don’t recall seeing as much TRUMP merchandise as the first 2 election cycles which of course is a very good thing. About 2 weeks before the election in 2016,  it seems like the bed of every single pick up truck where I live had a huge trump flag in it. My family would even speculate that the trump campaign was paying this one guy to drive around with a huge trump flag because we kept seeing him and his dumbass truck in traffic all the time.

I have seen a few, but most of them appear to be old.  I wish I had the balls to steal them, but I usually have shit to do when I’m out and about. 

Edited by Voldemort86

35 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Fortunately, he's so grotesquely incompetent that very little will happen other than a few Wal-Mart mass shootings.

while true, the demons working behind him, in his name …

In 2021, Miller's group successfully sued to block the implementation of a $29 billion pandemic-era program for women- and minority-owned restaurants, saying it discriminated against white-owned businesses.

"This ruling is the first, but crucial, step towards ending government-sponsored racial discrimination," Miller said then.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Fortunately, he's so grotesquely incompetent that very little will happen other than a few Wal-Mart mass shootings.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

This is dangerous thinking. They’ve had 4 years on the sidelines to get ready for this. 

Not to mention if they even get halfway to what they want it'd be an unmitigated disaster.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

They seem to be trying very hard to lose the election. 

Or motivate as many scared whites to vote for them as possible. The push against DEI speaks exactly to that. It's pushing people to worry their job or their kids college admission will be the next thing given to a "replacement". 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

They seem to be trying very hard to lose the election. 

That assumes there's any plan at all. There's not one and never was. The GOP is the dog who finally caught the car, and now they're facing the consequences.

I predicted a while back that we'd witness the end of the Republican Party due to Trump. We're starting to see its dismantling more clearly now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

They're not even trying to court new voters. I swear, if Trump had even a small bit of self-control and the ability to just say what people want to hear, we'd be in big trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

They're not even trying to court new voters. I swear, if Trump had even a small bit of self-control and the ability to just say what people want to hear, we'd be in big trouble. 

Doesn’t it make you wonder if winning elections isn’t part of their agenda?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Bingo.

Winning elections is so "that's the way it used to be done."  Just fucking seizing power and implementing an authoritarian is the way.  What's old is new again, play the hits (translated from the original German and Italian, of course, cuz this is AMERICA!), all that shit.  That remains the plan.  Rile up a violent base to do their bidding, seize power, and never let it go.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

he’s an extremely dumb individual 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

I can't keep track of where I post these things (not worth of a daily close thread) but it seem to be off its peak just a bit.  Is that "Ex-dividend Date" just a perverse joke?  You decide:

image.thumb.png.cb1e9aa9dda5100fa56b55c8a2a1c414.png

Edited by Bullneck

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Or motivate as many scared whites to vote for them as possible. The push against DEI speaks exactly to that. It's pushing people to worry their job or their kids college admission will be the next thing given to a "replacement". 

Like these people want their kids to get a libtard college education

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

"Texas voters can walk backwards through a field of dicks, court says."

*Texas GOP politician taps foot under stall* "Say, do you know the approximate location of this field of dicks, by any chance?"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

That assumes there's any plan at all. There's not one and never was. The GOP is the dog who finally caught the car, and now they're facing the consequences.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unfortunately for the GQP, Trump is not a politician out to be a politician, he’s a politician out to raid the cookie jar.  

Trump brought in hundreds of millions after he lost, and he needs more money, and the easiest way now that he controls the RNC is by funneling as much RNC money away from down-ballot races and nation-wide initiatives and into his own coffers/PACs as he can.  It also helps him to fire long-time Republican operatives with extensive institutional knowledge and replacing them with Trump loyalists who won’t question him or how money is spent.

Not only is the building on fire and he’s stealing the cash register while running out the door, he’s the one who started the fire.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I would argue that this is the easiest money Trump has ever received outside of his dad dying, because people are literally just giving him money straight-up, or buying his cheap shit for high prices simply because his name is on it.  

That’s left a bigly impact on him and Donnie Jr.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/27/2024 at 8:59 AM, The Dog said:

Huntsville is also home to a lot of DoD and NASA contractors - not exactly a bastion of hillbillies. These are the kind of voters who reliably voted GOP for decades that Trump has lost. 

I looked at Sabato's feed and he's been calling bullshit on the polls for a while. He's pretty much the gold standard when it comes to this stuff.

Nothing is guaranteed ever but at this point is hard to ignore the canaries in the mines are screaming.

csb Sabato was my first year government professor (I know, I've said this before)

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Florida just got a whole lot more expensive for Republicans…

Just as Trump is siphoning off money from the RNC and the long-time operatives who knew where all the bodies were buried and what t’s to cross and i’s to dot were fired.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It's not. But if the election comes his way, he'll take it. Just like the first time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Florida just got a whole lot more expensive for Republicans…

Now I 100% get why Biden is making a play in FL. His campaign can boost those referendums and they can also boost Biden’s vote share in the state. They have money to spare, so why not. Why not make a nominal play in any state with a weed and/or abortion referendum on the ballot. Even an extra 1-2% juice squeezed out can be the difference 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would argue that this is the easiest money Trump has ever received outside of his dad dying, because people are literally just giving him money straight-up, or buying his cheap shit for high prices simply because his name is on it.  

That’s left a bigly impact on him and Donnie Jr.

I don’t know. The Apprentice was probably the best thing that ever happened to him. Without that (and then Twitter), he’d probably still be doing commercials for fast food and laundry detergent.

IMG_4294.jpeg.60dd2502f14b7a160a7ed5e965879907.jpeg

IMG_4295.png.a4553d2bef46b9fe3c4c24e3468a398d.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 2:09 AM, Superhero said:

Just donated $ to Biden. First political donation of any kind. Fuck Trump.

Welcome to the party, pal.  /gifmemedunno.  Did a lot myself in 2020 but sitting this financial cycle out.  I’ll need the money for either drugs and whores if the orange man dies/loses.  If he wins, I’ll need the money to relocate to Iberia or Israel.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Don't forget to give to down ballot dems in federal and state especially if they are decent folks.  I have a gut feeling that there is more synergy created that way than giving to the top guy. 

Wisconsin is both one of the most important states and also one of the most well run Democratic parties.  I haven't donated any money yet this year to anyone, but WisDems is at the top of my list come August or so.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 3:52 PM, tx 3 putt said:

now do Texas !!!

Nothing will happen until we get rid of our crippled son of a bitch governor,  crooked as hell and nasty attorney general, and extreme religious freak lieutenant governor whose obsessed with owning the LGBTQ community and turning back the clock to 1950.

It’s a worst case scenario for Texas because these losers have no prospects to rise up to higher or a national office, there’s no term limits and unfortunately they have no signs of bad or deteriorating health. 

we could be stuck in the dark ages for a long time with these fucktards.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Nothing will happen until we get rid of our crippled son of a bitch governor,  crooked as hell and nasty attorney general, and extreme religious freak lieutenant governor whose obsessed with owning the LGBTQ community and turning back the clock to 1950.

It’s a worst case scenario for Texas because these losers have no prospects to rise up to higher or a national office, there’s no term limits and unfortunately they have no signs of bad or deteriorating health. 

we could be stuck in the dark ages for a long time with these fucktards.

Uh, not to get your hopes up.  But Dan Patrick will turn 74 in 2 days time.  He is obese, bi-polar, and has chronic upper respiratory issues.  He'll likely survive one more term/Lane Bryant fashion cycle.  But that's about it.

Gov. Abbott is considerably younger at 66.5 years of age.  But people in his situation usually die prematurely.  

Make no mistake, they're going to wreak more havoc in their next term.  But I doubt they don't see much after 2030.  And by then, the demographic shift will be a more fuller swing than Dan Patrick at the Blue Oyster Club key party.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Now I 100% get why Biden is making a play in FL. His campaign can boost those referendums and they can also boost Biden’s vote share in the state. They have money to spare, so why not. Why not make a nominal play in any state with a weed and/or abortion referendum on the ballot. Even an extra 1-2% juice squeezed out can be the difference 

I think it’s an excellent idea with a broke -ass RNC to try to put every state in play, just to see money in crucial swing states be diminished because they feel the need to oppose Biden in not-so swing states. 

IMG_0344.gif.622f2249cdb494c6ba60ed8598c588cf.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

hard right shot to Trump’s ribs…

this turdus magnus is dipping his toe in the waters of giving evangelicals who are disgusted and have had enough of Trump spreading gonoherpesyphylaids throughout the body politic and bedroom permission not to vote for Trump in favor of the Irish shitgibbon.   Trump may be about to shed a not so insignificant number of voters like he does his reptilian skin each month.  

3 man enter, 1 man leave.  

• Hook 'Em 6