2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 4:10 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Free ad ….

I love how all the article says to describe their Medicare plan (which ultimately will raise premiums and out of pocket costs while prohibiting negotiating drug prices because they're in the pocket of big insurance and pharma) as "restructuring Medicare to compete with private options."

Not only does it fail to inform anyone on the specifics, but what the fuck does it even mean? Why does Medicare need to compete with insurance companies? This is at best an abortion of an attempt at describing the general aims of turning Medicare into "premium support." But, in reality, it's intentionally misleading. It's disgusting how this bullshit propaganda company gets away with calling themselves news while actively trying to keep their viewers uninformed. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:59 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Just as Trump is siphoning off money from the RNC and the long-time operatives who knew where all the bodies were buried and what t’s to cross and i’s to dot were fired.

and now he won't have anyone reeling him in, as in there won't be a Mike Pence saying no.  Going to be a bumpy ride to see what happens if Dems don't win or defend their win.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Well that is certainly one strategy. 

So many enemies, again, makes me wonder how he's going to cheat.  He's barely trying to win straight up. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The biggest threat ourt country faces is the plain fact that this shit slaps

Breaking Bad did it better.  If we could just get Dark Brandon's face superimposed over the Walter White stand-in in the video, we'd be onto something.

Democrats: "the colour is BLUE; the quality is pure."

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2024 at 9:23 PM, Rimbo said:

And you KNOW Biden is going to be blasting that to every retiree in every state, battleground or not.

Remember, the magats earned their social security and theirs will be protected, it's only going to take from the lazy welfare queens (i.e., Blacks). Most of them literally believe that to be true.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Breaking Bad did it better.  If we could just get Dark Brandon's face superimposed over the Walter White stand-in in the video, we'd be onto something.

do not insult Los Cuates de Sinaloa 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I insulted no one but Trump.  LCdS are amazing.

A badass corrido about Dark Brandon would turn the tide of this whole election. Somebody needs to recruit Los Tigres del Norte and get them only this.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

48 if Nebraska passes the law?  And then forgets to add "to" before "better reflect the founders' intent"  How many fucking mistakes can a press secretary make in one paragraph?  It's like drunk surly posting.  

If you had told me yesterday that our democracy may hinge on Omaha, I'd have thought you insane.  But here we are...

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

48 if Nebraska passes the law?  And then forgets to add "to" before "better reflect the founders' intent"  How many fucking mistakes can a press secretary make in one paragraph?  It's like drunk surly posting.  

If you had told me yesterday that our democracy may hinge on Omaha, I'd have thought you insane.  But here we are...

The N is for nowledge after all

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

csb/ When Todd Phillips was shooting a few scenes for "Road Trip" here in Austin like 25 years ago.  They didn't actually do any 'scenes' here, just B-roll shit or whatever you call if.    He was at a restaurant an old friend of mine worked at.  Can't remember the details but we had either just played Nebraska or were about to play them.  So somebody cracks wise about the "N" on the Huskers Helmet stands for "Knowledge." and Todd cracks up.  Years later, he used the same joke in "The Hangover" when Zach G. as Alan says, "K...as in Knife."  Which is accurate, but no sane person would ever verbally use "Knife" to describe a K word.  And therein lies the joke. 

Speaking of jokes, haven't heard much from Eric this week about his father's sagas.  Maybe Lara, new head of the RNC, can chime in.  Religious Knutjob Cult.  

• Haha 1

Politics is not politics without some decent rat fucking leading up to the election. There should be some massive X and other social media posts about Trump taking a 23 and me test to find out that he’s 1/16 black.

I do not think that will give him black votes, but I can think of a demographic who won’t like that. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I don't think there's a human on the planet who wants Biden to lose more than that ettergermentum guy.

Also I really really really hope they continue to put so much stock in the Nevada polls.

THE GOP IS NOT GOING TO WIN NEVADA.  THEY NEVER WIN NEVADA.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If he loses he knows he’s going to jail though. 

One of the things I am most looking forward to when Trump loses and is finally jailed, is that dumb son one and dumb son two will try to carry on the family business.   It won’t work, and there is no way that both of them are not going to jail for some kind of Uber stupid, criminal act.    They are too stupid to know that the only way to go through life is to think “what would Trump do?” - and do the opposite. 

• Hook 'Em 3