Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

On 1/29/2024 at 4:43 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I never understood why they built that stadium with only 65K seating capacity.  I generally agree with the whole "smaller venue" movement but Vegas is such a destination for both visiting fans and obvious travel destination for big college games (or you know, Super Bowls) that it could easily fill 20 or 25K more seats.  Such a terrible decision. 

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

All i know is Tony Romo had better be studying up for this because he has been embarrassing in some of these broadcasts.

No more embarrassing than other grown men complaining about Taylor Swift during a Super Bowl discussion.

He is conflating histrionics with excitement/ enthusiasm.  It doesn't come off well, at all.

Edited by slorch

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

No more embarrassing than other grown men complaining about Taylor Swift during a Super Bowl discussion.

Romo legitimately seemed to not know who Jaylen Warren was, or that he was a big piece on the Steelers offense this year.

Nope.  It's the Raiders home stadium.

It’s not for the Super Bowl. The league takes over the venue and turns it into a Super Bowl stadium. They will cover up anything Raiders. The team is relegated to being gofers for the league. Ticket and suite holders lose their spaces and can get put into a lottery for a small handful of tickets at crazy prices.

I never understood why they built that stadium with only 65K seating capacity.  I generally agree with the whole "smaller venue" movement but Vegas is such a destination for both visiting fans and obvious travel destination for big college games (or you know, Super Bowls) that it could easily fill 20 or 25K more seats.  Such a terrible decision. 

Once you go much above 65-68k you’re adding some really high up seats. ATT holds 80k and that top tier is like watching from the space shuttle. It really adds to construction costs and in Vegas ac costs.

25 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s not for the Super Bowl. The league takes over the venue and turns it into a Super Bowl stadium. They will cover up anything Raiders. The team is relegated to being gofers for the league. Ticket and suite holders lose their spaces and can get put into a lottery for a small handful of tickets at crazy prices.

Yeah, exactly. When the Bucs played the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, no one on the team even realized they were playing at Raymond James Stadium. I field mic even caught Tom Brady saying, "This is one of the nicer Super Bowl stadiums in which I've played. It'd be cool if I could play here again sometime. Even the travel was really easy. I don't even remember the flight to get here."

36 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Hello lipstick, meet pig. 

Am I the only one with less than zero fucks to give about Tay Tay, Kelce, Mahomey etc? Except for the fact it's given me a reason (Shanahan as coach helps) to sort of half assed root for the 9ers for the first and hopefully last time in my life? The two week circus between the CCG's and Superbowl is waaay too long and actually makes me mentally check out of football season while there's still a single game yet to be played. /Rant

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Am I the only one with less than zero fucks to give about Tay Tay, Kelce, Mahomey etc? Except for the fact it's given me a reason (Shanahan as coach helps) to sort of half assed root for the 9ers for the first and hopefully last time in my life? The two week circus between the CCG's and Superbowl is waaay too long and actually makes me mentally check out of football season while there's still a single game yet to be played. /Rant

I agree somewhat.  What’s amusing to Me is grown ‘men’ who spent thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours each season between tv subscriptions, fantasy football leagues, pregame shows, Commercials, product purchases, halftime shows, and adhering to certain endorsements and boycotts complaining that my daughter sees Taylor Swift on the screen for a whopping 37 seconds a couple times this year.  

Taylor doesn’t want to blow the same mushroom dick many millions of Texas men do.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I doubt I’ll even watch the game as per usual, the milfy yoga pants competition at my west Austin HEB needs my attention more that evening.    Either Omenihu or Shnnahan gets a ring and that’s good for our Longhorn program.  Daughter smiles when Taylor is on Tv.  It’s a win win all around.  Not directed at you but there’s 11 days left to the game and Texas ‘’men” are already bitching like Kelce and Swift are breaking into their homes and injecting their politics into their dinner table discussions.  As a country, if we can digest a 7 hour pre game show and three wars,  we can likely handle swift and Travis hugging after the game.  Just a thought.  

• Fuck You 1

This.  My 29 yo daughter called me a few months ago and asked which channel the Chiefs were on.  She’s never given a rat’s ass about the NFL or football.  She’s not alone.  

Which makes no sense to me , you get to see her for maybe 1 minute ?
  • Hook 'Em 1

I agree somewhat.  What’s amusing to Me is grown ‘men’ who spent thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours each season between tv subscriptions, fantasy football leagues, pregame shows, Commercials, product purchases, halftime shows, and adhering to certain endorsements and boycotts complaining that my daughter sees Taylor Swift on the screen for a whopping 37 seconds a couple times this year.  

Taylor doesn’t want to blow the same mushroom dick many millions of Texas men do.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I doubt I’ll even watch the game as per usual, the milfy yoga pants competition at my west Austin HEB needs my attention more that evening.    Either Omenihu or Shnnahan gets a ring and that’s good for our Longhorn program.  Daughter smiles when Taylor is on Tv.  It’s a win win all around.  Not directed at you but there’s 11 days left to the game and Texas ‘’men” are already bitching like Kelce and Swift are breaking into their homes and injecting their politics into their dinner table discussions.  As a country, if we can digest a 7 hour pre game show and three wars,  we can likely handle swift and Travis hugging after the game.  Just a thought.  
Did you totally miss the part about I give zero fucks about any of that? I truly don't care about anyone's politics or love life, but I'd rather just watch a good football game without all that nonsense if possible. That's why I'm actively avoiding ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ and anywhere else that might be hyping up all this nonsense. If some people like that stuff it's fine by me...but I couldn't care less.

It’s the Super Bowl.  It’s all nonsense.  It’s literally a seven hour pre game show, a 45 minute halftime show, a two hour post game show, and the most commercials per hour of any other broadcast besides the Oscars. Plus watch parties, gambling squares, grocery store checkout lines out the door, and missed worked on Monday.  But everybody is cool with that but 30 seconds of Swift is just a bridge too far and we have to declare how much we don’t care?

• Hook 'Em 5

Damn is there anything some of you don’t bitch and complain about?  Anything at all 

some folks like Taylor. Some don’t. Shit happens. Let the people who love her enjoy and let the people that don’t care for her also have their opinion lol 

no shame in my game. Would plow. And have listened to her tunes.   But I give less fucks about people complaining about her. The nfl isn’t exactly filled with the target demographic her music is made for 

SB commentary on the last 24 hours:

Nick  Bosa griping about the refs 10 days BEFORE they lose.

Bill Romanowski tweeting that PMIII is a pussy and a whiner.  Not everyone cheapshots fellow players and spits in their faces Bill.  You're  a model of a true competitor and sportsman there, douchebag.

Cam Newton addressing Brock Purdy as "10th best player on this team.".  Welp, not everyone can shit the bed and then cry about their coronation being cancelled, all while dressing like a catholic schoolgirl captured by aliens.

Edited by slorch

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

Bill Romanowski tweeting that PMIII is a pussy and a whiner.  Not everyone cheapshots fellow players and spits in their faces Bill.  You're  a model of a true competitor and sportsman there, douchebag.

Bill Romanowski was the Draymond Green of his time. A great player who you’d want on your side in an alley fight, and an absolute shit of a human being.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just doing a mental well-check on some of you as we approach 1-week to the Super Bowl, which may or may not have up to 75 seconds of Taylor Swift coverage.  Some of you are so goddamned brave to endure this horrendous affront to our Democracy.  And I applaud your courage.  

In all seriousness-fucking sucks that Omenihu can't play.  Real question though---does everybody on the roster, inactive or otherwise, still get a Ring?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I won’t be watching the game mostly because I quit watching most football a decade or so ago, but I do like how the Kelce Brothers are so supportive of each other and Mahomes is just incredibly talented. I think he makes enough plays to win and the KC defense gets an opportune turnover that wins the game for them. Hope that the game is entertaining for those of y’all who will watch and that there are some cool commercials. 

On 1/31/2024 at 5:00 PM, Quagmire said:

Which makes no sense to me , you get to see her for maybe 1 minute ?

I scream at the TV for roughly 4 hours 12 times a year. My wife and daughters don’t get it just like I don’t understand why they smile and say “oh my gosh there she is” every time they show Swift in a suite. My wife has actually wanted me to turn on the playoff games (even the ones sans chiefs) so I’m not complaining and am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

If it makes people happy, and it's harmless, WGAF?  @hook me's post up thread is my house, although my wife has certain players she likes to watch in different sports.  I don't have a problem at all with them showing Taylor Swift, even multiple times in a game.  It might be a little disruptive when they do it after a Kelce 12 yard catch for a first down, "Hey let's show the world what Taylor Swift thinks."  More than once, they have switched the view to her after a play too soon and it's like nobody told her to cheer yet.  I get a kick out of those, and I do have the feeling those moments are what irk a lot of folks.

In the end, I'm watching for the game.  The Swift coverage is not even remotely close to the worst thing about an NFL broadcast.

Edited by slorch

Tom Brady has a winning record against every franchise in the league except 2, and those are both .500.  Who are those 2 franchises?

Edited by slorch