Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Honestly, I was looking at my TL and realizing I can't tell who is legit anymore.  80-90% of the people on the Following tab do not have blue checkmarks.  The few I saw were from businesses or "media" like ESPN or maybe @tracesoftexas and a couple of others but otherwise the validity of most of the content is now in question.

image.png.d2f3390f9543caff50018b40c99b22f0.png

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I think the only conclusion I have regarding Tesla ownership as they proliferate Austin.  Apparently owning a Tesla is code for, you don't know how to fucking drive!

Yea and the cheaper and more compressed the pricing, the more lower middle class it will be. That and every Indian in your city. It’s the new Toyota.

• Haha 1

It is objectively funny to see the Elon stans nerd rage over the realization that no one who is actually funny or important or famous wants to be in their club. The lack of self awareness is astonishing, its like the weird inverse of “I’d never join a club that would have me as a member.” 

Elon doesn’t give a shit, of course. I’m reminded of the scene in Goodfellas when the wise guys torch the Tiki Bar after they’ve gotten all they can out of it.  These dorks are the fire in that scene. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Yea and the cheaper and more compressed the pricing, the more lower middle class it will be. That and every Indian in your city. It’s the new Toyota.

Toyota is probably the most successful automaker in the world so becoming the new Toyota would be success far beyond any scale imagined for Elon.  I don’t think it will happen, though, the shine goes off Teslas with every year they don’t launch a new model while legacy carmakers do.  There isn’t a Tesla model in the lineup now that is best in its class, and the gap will keep widening, people who buy Teslas now are basically image shopping and that will only take you so far. 

Anyone in the market for an EV will find better offerings from Ford, the Korean marques, GM, BMW, Porsche, Volvo, Lucid, Rivian across the spectrum from daily driver to luxury. Oddly— the Japanese have been caught a bit flat footed on EVs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Toyota is probably the most successful automaker in the world so becoming the new Toyota would be success far beyond any scale imagined for Elon.  I don’t think it will happen, though, the shine goes off Teslas with every year they don’t launch a new model while legacy carmakers do.  There isn’t a Tesla model in the lineup now that is best in its class, and the gap will keep widening, people who buy Teslas now are basically image shopping and that will only take you so far. 

Anyone in the market for an EV will find better offerings from Ford, the Korean marques, GM, BMW, Porsche, Volvo, Lucid, Rivian across the spectrum from daily driver to luxury. Oddly— the Japanese have been caught a bit flat footed on EVs. 

Toyotas also have a long record of reliability, while Tesla is delivering cars with mis-matched door panels.

Toyota also understands what a truck is supposed to be capable of. Cybertruck vs. Tundra/Tacoma

Even for our many times banned, and pathetically returning, DonkeyCigars, that was a ludicrously stupid take. 

Edited by Pods

1 minute ago, Pods said:

Toyotas also have a long record of reliability, while Tesla is delivering cars with mis-matched door panels. Toyota also understands what a truck is supposed to be capable of. 

Cybertruck vs. Tundra/Tacoma

We can all agree that although some dorks will buy it, there won’t be any truck buyers who go with the Cybertruck over the F-150 Lightning, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s really hilarious, this is the digital version of watching a handbag brand move from the arms of celebrities to suburban housewives to the trailer park and the people who paid Elon are now realizing—- it’s them. All the cool people don’t want to be associated with them. 

That’s a really good analogy.  Seriously.

Coach purses.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Toyotas also have a long record of reliability, while Tesla is delivering cars with mis-matched door panels.
Toyota also understands what a truck is supposed to be capable of. Cybertruck vs. Tundra/Tacoma
Even for our many times banned, and pathetically returning, DonkeyCigars, that was a ludicrously stupid take. 

Toyota believes hydrogen is the near term future and it is much more environmentally friendly.

The biggest issue is that it’ll be expensive to build a fueling network versus charging stations that are pretty inexpensive.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

This is what he should have done. ^^^

The biggest problem is that he is trying to charge money now for the same twitter experience we have gotten for free for years (and maybe a little shittier too). The revolt is pretty obvious, even among the wealthy.

I mean, kinda. In that people don’t want to pay Elon Musk and he’s made it seem like you are paying Elon Musk. But it’s not paying for what you used to get for free - it’s paying for a token that says “I paid for this token”. It used to give you credibility (and help people understand who might be credible) and now it’s an $8 sticker on a fundamentally broken platform.

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s really hilarious, this is the digital version of watching a handbag brand move from the arms of celebrities to suburban housewives to the trailer park and the people who paid Elon are now realizing—- it’s them. All the cool people don’t want to be associated with them. 

As Aqua Buddha said, it's a great analogy. 

Elon has been so used to living in an echo chamber and mostly just interacting with employees or fanboys, that whenever he took over the world's 14th largest social media platform, he was all of the sudden forced to interact with the internet at large, who saw right through his bullshit and saw that he didn't understand what the product and what the customer is when it comes to social media, that he didn't understand the 1st Amendment, and they were willing to push back against him, none of which he was unprepared for.  Yeah, he obviously doesn't know how to read the room, but maybe he's never had to actually read the room - he's clearly not prepared for interacting with people who don't think like he does or fawn all over him or who will tell him "no". 

It's also got to be crushing that people he apparently either looks up to or wants to be liked by, don't give a fuck about him and won't pay the $8, because they understand that they provide value to twitter in the form of content that they contribute for free.  That is what so many of his fanboys don't get - all of these previously verified people and organizations were providing content at no cost to twitter.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I meant in terms of status symbol, which you should have picked up from context. All your points are spot on from a company standpoint. But Teslas, which until about a year or so ago, was considered a luxury brand and it said something as a reflection of the individual (sustainability conscious, disposable income, Techy, whatever). 
Nowadays it’s a Toyota— decent car, decent price, Indians love them, etc.

The handbag analogy is a great one as well.

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Since you obviously missed the point I was making from a brand and lifestyle/luxury comparison, please see the Coach purse analogy instead. And please try to refrain from “Akschully! coach brands is a good company and has fantastic scope 1-3 emissions records and and and…”

6 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Also that launch yesterday? Success, but Texas residents were told they had to clean it up.

I’ll say it again: he picked the perfect state to shit all over. So long as he fights the woke mob and lame stream media, he can do whatever he wants in/to Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trying to shake down  advertisers for fucking $8 a month when you desperately need them is nuts.

The thing is, a rational person could look at what Elon has talked about going back to the 90s, and why he reacquired X.com 6 or 7 years ago, and say "twitter is a part of his bigger scheme to make X.com, his everything app, work", except that Elon very clearly and openly gives the vibe off that he didn't buy twitter for that reason.

Ok I’ve got you down for a 25K a month spend here. We’re all set. Just this one little thing we need you to add this $8 per month surcharge… Hello? 

• Haha 1

not that anyone anywhere gives a shit but I just deactivated my accounts (basically unused firstnamelastname account and the one where i actually followed and engaged a little bit). I haven't been on in months and months, I finally deleted the app on my phone about a month back, I had deleted all of the tweets from my accounts back when people were trying to make mastodon a thing. buh bye, with no verification at all it is actually useless. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

So something else no one is thinking of that is small for now but large eventually… I work for a major insurance carrier and we are constantly trying to find repair facilities that will repair Tesla’s ( it’s a large part of my job right now behind the scenes). Tesla requires you to be a certified shop to get structural parts ( not uncommon) and it wasn’t a huge deal until around February. I’ve had a lot of luck negotiating labor rates in the past with Tesla’s and forming partnerships. 

I have 2 body shops now that are starting to realize that Tesla’s are losing market share and they are concerned with a 6 figure investment to be Tesla certified when their owner won’t stop saying stupid shit. I have made my feelings known that I am not a fan but I can still respect something but Tesla’s quality is dog shit and they all agree. He needs to be extremely careful about another price cut as he has already damaged his core market. 

Edited by Clintonaldo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but he "owned" Lebron and Stephen King. That's worth more than any money Twitter may or may not be losing. 

Lol if the 28 include Shatner, LeBron, and Stephen King. That means only 25 people actually signed up. Hell some of those might even be test signups from Twitter making sure the process actually worked when they saw so low adoption.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

. He needs to be extremely careful about another price cut as he has already damaged his core market. 

I would imagine that some of the owners are pissed that a car they bought less than a year ago is over $5,000 cheaper right now, and it's the same fucking car - it's not like it was discontinued in favor of a new model year.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would imagine that some of the owners are pissed that a car they bought less than a year ago is over $5,000 cheaper right now, and it's the same fucking car - it's not like it was discontinued in favor of a new model year.

Now imagine someone that bought that car 4 years ago. I’ve never witnessed anything like this. 

The largest market for EVs is California and you can be sure all the big Tesla price cuts are helping to make certain Tesla maintains a strong lead in market sha...uh oh wait.

image.thumb.png.b8b2d1bb32a6620274517fdf954cfa6b.png

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Tesla's market share in its key California market tumbled in the first quarter of the year despite aggressive price cuts as rivals stepped up, data showed on Friday.

Tesla Inc controlled 59.6% of the battery electric market in California from January to March, down from 72.7% for the same period last year and the lowest since 2017, according to Reuters calculations based on data from the California Energy Commission.

Rivals such as Volkswagen AG, General Motors Co's Chevrolet and Kia Corp increased their market shares in California during the period, although they remain in the single digits each.

Tesla's sales in California accounted for 16% of the automaker's global deliveries last year, according to Reuters calculation. California is the biggest U.S. state for zero emission vehicles.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/teslas-california-market-share-tumbles-despite-aggressive-price-cuts/ar-AA1aaTlP

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

not that anyone anywhere gives a shit but I just deactivated my accounts (basically unused firstnamelastname account and the one where i actually followed and engaged a little bit). I haven't been on in months and months, I finally deleted the app on my phone about a month back, I had deleted all of the tweets from my accounts back when people were trying to make mastodon a thing. buh bye, with no verification at all it is actually useless. 

I was wondering if that was you.

• Haha 1

So if so few people who lost their verified status have paid up, how long until he tries to force everybody (but William Shatner, Lebron James, and Stephen King) to pay to use/read twitter?  Feels like a mandatory subscription could be in the cards, because so many celebs and non-celebs mocking him has got to sting, and he only has so many fanbois to defend him.

As with everything elno mosk, it just gets worse the more you dig

According to his daddy, elno wouldn't have left Praetoria but he was mad because someone stole his pretty new bicycle.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7911051/elon-musks-dad-errol-emerald-business/amp/

image.thumb.png.c84005d935f8777f96db53606d45f482.png

To prove his point, Errol provided pics of some of the bright green precious gemstones, which he says came from the mine.

He explained that it is in the Lake Tanganyika region of Zambia, the second biggest emerald-producing country in the world after Colombia.

But Errol admits it was far from being a conventional mining setup - and that might explain why Elon is so sure no one can prove its existence.

Errol says he first stumbled into the emerald business while flying from South Africa en route to the UK to sell a Cessna Golden Eagle plane.

Landing at an airstrip near Zambia’s northern borders with Tanzania and what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo, he met and befriended the Italian owner of the airstrip.

It turned out the Italian-employed locals dig out emeralds deep in the Zambian bush and Errol decided to go into business with him.

The workers would bring them in for shipment to Errol in what the retired electromechanical engineer described as an “under the table” operation.

The Italian business partner would then pay the locals around $2 a load, enough to feed an entire family for a month, Errol says.

He explained: “What Elon is saying is that there was no formal mine.
“It was a rock formation protruding from the ground in the middle of nowhere.

“There was no mining company. There are no signed agreements or financial statements.

“No one owned anything. The deal was done on a handshake with the Italian man at a time when Zambia was a free for all.

“Not even he knew exactly where the border was. At that time, it was like the Wild West.”

Errol can only say for sure that the deposit was about 40 miles from where he had landed his Cessna in Kasaba Bay, which is now a tourist hub.

Explaining why he thinks that Elon has pushed back on the emerald mine story, Errol said: “Elon's main concern is not to appear to be a 'trust fund kid’ who got everything given to him on a plate.

“That's what his nay-sayers are pushing. It's not true. Elon took risks and worked like blazes to be where he is today.

“The emeralds helped us through a very trying time in South Africa, when people were fleeing the country in droves, including his mother's whole family, and earning opportunities were at an all-time low. That's all.”

Describing how he used the proceeds from the emeralds to set Elon and his brother Kimbal on a new path, Errol said: “In the late 1980s, Elon was doing a business degree at the University of Pretoria.

“But he was very unhappy there. The last straw for him was when someone stole his expensive bicycle I had bought him.

“One day, I found him in bed looking depressed. It was heartbreaking to see him like that.

“I said to him, ‘You're not very happy, Elon, are you?’ He said, ‘No.’

“And suddenly, it came to me out of the blue to ask him, 'Would you like to go and study in the United States?

“He looked up at me, his face beaming and exclaimed, ‘Yes!’

“Ten days later, Elon left South Africa with a return ticket for a year for America with emerald money in his pocket.”

Elon first spent a year working for the Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada between 1989 and 1990.

Then, he enrolled on a scholarship at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School, one of the top business schools in the world.

Errol said: “During that time, I managed to send money I’d made from emerald sales to him and Kimbal for living expenses.”

But when the bottom dropped out of the emerald business due to the emergence of a cheaper lab-made version of the gemstone, Errol had to sell assets to keep cash flowing to his sons.

He unsuccessfully tried to cash in on his share in a game farm, so was forced to his ocean-going yacht for R100,000 (then around $29,000), a quarter of its value.

Errol says he then had to send the cash via an Israeli broker because of strict exchange control regulations.

He explained: “I took a hell of a chance because people I knew were sent to jail for doing a similar thing.

“I managed to send them about R400,000 (then around $115,000) in total.

“It helped them with rent and food. Kimbal told me that they could never have survived without the money.”

Elon has previously claimed that he arrived in Canada in 1989 with just CA$2,500 and paid his own way through college, ending with $100,000 in student debt.

But despite repeatedly stating that there is “no evidence” of an emerald mine, he has reportedly admitted that it did exist - and that he visited it.

According to fact-checking website Snopes, Elon said in a since-deleted interview with Forbes in July 2014: “This is going to sound slightly crazy, but my father also had a share in an Emerald mine in Zambia.

“I was 15 and really wanted to go with him but didn’t realize how dangerous it was.

“I couldn’t find my passport, so I ended up grabbing my brother’s - which turned out to be six months overdue.

“So, we had this planeload of contraband and an overdue passport from another person.

• Haha 2

I just sent a quick email to elno to make a pitch on what to do with Stephen King's blue check

Dear leader -

Stephen King does not deserve a blue star. What has that worthless fuck from Maine ever produced for mankind? Seriously. I just scrolled his twitter feed and it was sooo boring I fell asleep. Not even one decent meme! He's not even fun. Or funny.

Which leads me to my business proposition. If you accept, my fee is a blue check for life and free autopilot for my first Tesla. If you don't accept, well, I've tried. No hard feelings.

The idea is: You auction Stephen King's blue star. You keep the money from the auction but promise 10 percent of the proceeds will go to charity. You give the 10 percent to your own charity that we all know only feeds you and yours. It's a win win win for you my king.

God bless you dear leader.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?