Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I want big brother. I’m so fucking tired of doing everything. What do I owe in taxes? Bitch, you are the one charging me, you figure it out. Once you do I will review and pay. Driver’s License and Registration? Ugh, can you not just pull up my documents digitally by scanning my eyeballs or fingerprints. 

In Texas, more than most states thanks to taxes than can be raised simply by goosing your property value! And we are blessed with further fee payments into the Almighty Free Market to cover the cost of their failure to maintain and steward public critical infrastructure. Thank God we have the Free Market to protect us in these extreme times

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

You have to get an updated picture every so often.  You have to do that in person.  I’m currently riding dirty because it was 6 months for an appointment near where I live.  While I am aware that you can drive to some podunk DPS office and get it done quicker, I’m not wasting a day because the state of Texas fucking sucks.

Figured out at the first of the year, mine was coming due this week but appointments were like a month out.  Was fortunate I got cut loose early last Mon afternoon as our customer was having technical difficulties, so drove out to DPS office in Taylor to see if I could get lucky and waited until there was an opening, appointment no show, whatever. 

Several people ahead of me were unprepared, not right documentation, whatever, so I was able to get in within an hour.  Presented SS card and passport (papers please!) and got it all done and back home in a couple hours.  I got lucky it all just happened to work out for me, and I've been driving in this state for 38 years.

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Social security card is the most worthless easily fakeable document there is. 

And getting a replacement for SS card is major pain in the ass too, had to do that last summer.  Can't schedule an appointment for that, can't do online.  So, first trip out to Georgetown I sat waiting a couple hours, did the math and figured out my number was probably not getting called that day. 

Next day showed up an hour before the doors opened, was probably 20th in line.  Wrapped up about 90 minutes after they opened, so wasted a couple hours the first day and 2.5 hours the second day to turn in my form, show ID, talk to a clerk to get it entered, get receipt.  Two hours on the road.

1e45c286d13d54306df7f1ece99dc299.jpg

Is phrenology? Yes. But even worse…it’s extra-stupid phrenology. Because riddle me this: baby A grows in the womb, and will be delivered vaginally. Baby B grows in the womb, and will be delivered by C-section. Or wait…maybe it’s the other way around… So…how does one baby know “hey, I’m gonna pop out of a vagina, so I better keep my brain case small,” and the other baby knows “woohoo! I’ma be a C-section baby…grow, braincase, grow!”
I mean…how. Fucking. Stupid. Can one man. BE?
He’s so fucking stupid. Absolutely stupid. Perfectly so.
  • Hook 'Em 2

These are the current intellects defining the culture war. Morons. This era of political gibberish would have no room for a Christopher Hitchens, William F Buckley or Gore Vidal. George Will is still alive and most of them don't even know who he is. Idiots fuelling the idiot engines of other idiots. 

• Rage+1 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:52 AM, MrBig said:

We’re going through an “anti-Renaissance” period with a core of stupid rich assholes leading the charge. 

a.k.a.  the "big tech" era.  The sooner VCs and tech bros become a thing of the past, the better for this nation and the world.  We're funneling all the money and influence into the hands of folks with no discernable skillset beyond unsubtle grifting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Renewing a drivers license isn’t difficult. Or at least it wasn’t last year.

If you have to go in, whether for a new license or because it's time to take a fresh photo, it's a gigantic pain in the ass.  Scheduling an appointment can take months. Months.  Renewing typically takes place online, and yes it's very easy - but that's not what was being discussed.

I know this first hand from just this past fall.  I never renewed my motorcycle license after leaving the state and moving back, but I wanted to start riding again, so I had to go in person to get the endorsement added, which is essentially the same process as getting a new license (even the same form).  It's fucking insane.  No appointments are available for months, no matter how far into rural Texas you are willing to drive.  Not only is the process, including the document deliverable requirements, completely stupid, but the DMV is so short-staffed they can barely take care of anyone.  Even with an appointment, you'll be there for a few hours, and once you finally sit your happy ass down with someone, you're getting about the same IQ of ~70 that we've always dealt with from DMV employees, only now they're also overworked and surly.  All of this was for someone who already has a Texas driver's license and just needed to add the letter "M" to it so I can ride a bike.  I can't imagine how much more difficult it is if you move from out of state or need a TX license for the first time.  My wife had an easier time getting a TX driver's license as an immigrant, but that was over twenty years ago.

The state government is blaming the pandemic for the shortfall in staff, which is about as laughable as it gets.  The pandemic that was overblown by blue states?   The pandemic that has been over for at least a couple of years at this point?  That pandemic?  You have to be pretty dense not to recognize what they're doing and why.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Promoting this tweet on MLK day of all days. So as to avoid CR accusations, I won't say who's behind the AFL. You can look it up yourselves.

image.png.a07bd48a090ad399dabc9db7d80a93b6.png

I wonder which HR reps tell the candidates that they picked other people cause of their race/gender?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Is phrenology? Yes. But even worse…it’s extra-stupid phrenology. Because riddle me this: baby A grows in the womb, and will be delivered vaginally. Baby B grows in the womb, and will be delivered by C-section. Or wait…maybe it’s the other way around… So…how does one baby know “hey, I’m gonna pop out of a vagina, so I better keep my brain case small,” and the other baby knows “woohoo! I’ma be a C-section baby…grow, braincase, grow!”
I mean…how. Fucking. Stupid. Can one man. BE?
He’s so fucking stupid. Absolutely stupid. Perfectly so.

There’s also the stubborn fact that skulls and brains grow post birth, with zero restriction on size other than maybe center of gravity issues on bipeds such as ourselves. 

• Like 1

These are the current intellects defining the culture war. Morons. This era of political gibberish would have no room for a Christopher Hitchens, William F Buckley or Gore Vidal. George Will is still alive and most of them don't even know who he is. Idiots fuelling the idiot engines of other idiots. 
*fueling
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Um…weird 

image.jpeg.82923bb7994de8228bac851c2df4481a.jpeg

theories -

he's fucked somehow and is trying to worm out of it?

tesla board rebelling or demanding accountability after the ketamine/drug article?

wants to be able to sell moar tesla options and get more free stock!?

bad, bad ketamine trip?

needed to write something plausibly business related for the first time in the past year?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

he's fucked somehow and is trying to worm out of it?

tesla board rebelling or demanding accountability after the ketamine/drug article?

wants to be able to sell moar tesla options and get more free stock!?

49 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is he threatening to tank Tesla if he doesn’t get more shares?? I don’t get it. 

If I had to guess, Tesla board/shareholders don’t want him adding more businesses to Tesla, for fear that one of them could tank the stock by him diverting resources away from Tesla’s core business (cars and shitty-looking 1980s future vehicles) and/or him wanting to use Tesla as his technical sandbox (which he’s done in the past) or an Elon experiment goes wrong and tanks the stock. He’s already used it as an ATM.  Tesla is functioning fairly well as a business. 

Lest we forget, he was tasking Tesla employees with working on Twitter. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Is he threatening to tank Tesla if he doesn’t get more shares?? I don’t get it. 

To me it might make sense if he’s scared of being ousted as CEO. Maybe 25% controlled by him and 26% is controlled by friends so it’s a magic number to guard against 50.1% of shareholders voting to remove him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/10/2024 at 9:51 AM, Brisketexan said:

He actually thinks that the government is going to use eminent domain to take homes from individuals to serve as....temporary shelters for immigrants or some shit.

Not to eminent domain yet but the Massachusetts governor is asking people to voluntary house them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

how it's going for elmo tonight -

image.thumb.png.fe7e286a8bcbefd27d7523ea2768bfec.png

image.thumb.png.6825e512a68b6c860247189a17c6a6cc.png

It comes down to this - Musk wants to steal IP from Tesla for a new company and it sounds like he's threatening the BOD with quiet quitting if they don't turn a blind eye to their fiduciary duty and bend to his will. He's apparently also willing to "settle" for a greater % of ownership of Tesla.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-01-15/elon-musk-wants-greater-control-of-tesla-before-building-its-ai

Elon Musk said he would rather build AI products outside of Tesla Inc. if he doesn’t have 25% voting control, suggesting the billionaire may prefer a bigger stake in the world’s most valuable electric vehicle maker.

The Tesla chief executive officer, who currently owns more than 12% of the company according to data compiled by Bloomberg, argued in a post on X that the car company is a collection of a dozen startups. He called for a comparison between Tesla and General Motors Corp., traditionally one of the auto industry’s global leaders.

For example, Tesla is developing the Optimus robot, and last month posted a video showing improvements it’s made to the humanoid prototype. The automaker is also investing more than $1 billion into it Dojo supercomputer project, which will train the machine-learning models behind the EV maker’s self-driving systems and which analysts have estimated could add $500 billion to Tesla’s value.

At Tesla’s inaugural AI Day in 2021, Musk said he wanted to show that the company is more than just an electric car maker, but is “arguably the leader in real-world AI.”

“I am uncomfortable growing Tesla to be a leader in AI & robotics without having ~25% voting control,” the CEO posted on X. “If I have 25%, it means I am influential, but can be overridden if twice as many shareholders vote against me vs for me. At 15% or lower, the for/against ratio to override me makes a takeover by dubious interests too easy.”

Musk said he would be fine with a dual-class voting structure to allow this, “but am told it is impossible to achieve post-IPO in Delaware.”

He said the reason no new compensation plan has been put in place is because the company is still waiting for a verdict in a shareholder suit against an earlier $55 billion package.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

Not to eminent domain yet but the Massachusetts governor is asking people to voluntary house them. 

They did that after the massive floods in Holland after WW2. Mom would tell me stories about the Dutch coming and living in small communities. A few stayed, most went home.

Americans are pretty giving. I would house a family. Or one hot ass Venezuelan if my wife would let me.

Anyways.

The 1953 flood disaster in the Netherlands resulted in the Refugee Relief Act including a slot for 15,000 ethnic Dutch that had at least 50% European blood (one year later loosened to Dutch citizens with at least two Dutch grandparents) and an immaculate legal and political track record. In 1954 only 187 visas were actually granted. Partly influenced by the anti-Western rhetoric and policies of the Sukarno administration the anti-communist senator Francis E. Walter pleaded for a second term of the Refugee Relief Act in 1957 and an additional slot of 15,000 visas in 1958.[26]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

The automaker is also investing more than $1 billion into it Dojo supercomputer project, which will train the machine-learning models behind the EV maker’s self-driving systems and which analysts have estimated could add $500 billion to Tesla’s value.

‘Analysts.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Chopper said:

The automaker is also investing more than $1 billion into its Dojo supercomputer project, which will train the machine-learning models behind the EV maker’s self-driving systems and which analysts have estimated could add $500 billion to Tesla’s value.

I think I get what Elon is all in an upset about now.

He wants to build a Mojo Dojo Casa Car with a lot of horsepower.

Elon doesn't think he's Kenough and he's been slowing morphing into Klaus Barbie.

• Hook 'Em 4

Elon wants a big payday to cover his other losses OR he wants to use Tesla resources/data to build an external company that he owns 100%. Maybe both.

I've read that he's allegedly screwing over his Twitter partners by selling Twitter data and processing power on the cheap to his personal AI company. Twitter should 100% own that AI company since they're making it happen. Instead Elon is screwing over his partners by throwing a pittance at Twitter in exchange.

As far as his statement that he will only have 25% Tesla voting power, I don't think that's true. He already controls other Tesla board seats, including I believe his brother. Maybe technically in an one-off board meeting, he can't dictate a vote but that would only be temporary until the next board meeting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, Tesla is having issues charging at one of their locations due to temps:

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/dead-teslas-oak-brook

Electric vehicles may be the way of the future, but many EV owners are having trouble dealing with Chicago’s bitterly cold temperatures.

Public charging stations have turned into car graveyards over the past couple of days.

"Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent," said Tyler Beard, who has been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon. "And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday."

Beard was among the dozens of Tesla owners trying desperately to power up their cars at the Tesla supercharging station in Oak Brook. It was a scene mirrored with long lines and abandoned cars at scores of other charging stations around the Chicago area.

"This is crazy. It’s a disaster. Seriously," said Tesla owner Chalis Mizelle.

Mizelle was forced to abandon her car and get a ride from a friend when it wouldn’t charge.

Another man summed up the situation succinctly: "We got a bunch of dead robots out here."

But it was no laughing matter to people like Kevin Sumrak, who landed at O’Hare on Sunday night to find his Tesla dead.

Sumlak was forced to hire a flatbed tow truck to try to find a working charging station.

Tesla didn’t respond to FOX 32's emails or calls, but a Chicago area car expert says there are some things EV owners can do when it gets this cold.

"Like any new technology, there’s a learning curve for people," said Mark Bilek of the Chicago Auto Trade Association.

Bilek said all EVs can have problems dealing with extreme cold, and drivers need to hit their preconditioning button before they charge their battery.

"It’s not plug and go. You have to precondition the battery, meaning that you have to get the battery up to the optimal temperature to accept a fast charge," said Bilek.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Meanwhile, Tesla is having issues charging at one of their locations due to temps:

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/dead-teslas-oak-brook

Apparently all over Chicago, not just one location.

image.thumb.png.46b2a4fa0bbaf1fd7d0abe1c0a834bde.png

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chicago-area-tesla-charging-stations-024817227.html

I'd guess other manufacturers are having the same problem but calls into question the advisability of buying an EV in many climates unless you're going to be keeping and charging it in an insulated garage instead of relying on super chargers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

but calls into question the advisability of buying an EV in many climates

I'm generally an EV supporter, but this is definitely an issue.  In cold climates, see the battery problems above.  Also, see the drain on the battery from running the heater, which you will want to do when it's super cold outside.  And in hot climates, running the car's AC is a big drain on power.  We have family members with an EV in Tucson.  While it has a purported range of something like 200 miles, for 8 months of the year (when they need to run the AC in the brutal heat), it's more like 90 miles on a full charge.  Fine for a daily commuter, which is what they use it for.  But not viable for a long drive.  Not even viable for a day trip to Phoenix, really.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I'm generally an EV supporter, but this is definitely an issue.  In cold climates, see the battery problems above.  Also, see the drain on the battery from running the heater, which you will want to do when it's super cold outside.  And in hot climates, running the car's AC is a big drain on power.  We have family members with an EV in Tucson.  While it has a purported range of something like 200 miles, for 8 months of the year (when they need to run the AC in the brutal heat), it's more like 90 miles on a full charge.  Fine for a daily commuter, which is what they use it for.  But not viable for a long drive.  Not even viable for a day trip to Phoenix, really.

A friend has been raving about his plug-in hybrid. It sounds like those combine the best of both worlds. For the most part, it’s an EV for reasonable trips around town (something like 20-30 mile range on battery, and it charges up fairly quickly). But it has 500+ miles range when you combine the battery and gas engine, which is amazing for road tripping. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My BMW i3 definitely does not have as much range this week as usual.  But it holds its charge just fine.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:56 AM, Redneck Mutha said:

Figured out at the first of the year, mine was coming due this week but appointments were like a month out.  Was fortunate I got cut loose early last Mon afternoon as our customer was having technical difficulties, so drove out to DPS office in Taylor to see if I could get lucky and waited until there was an opening, appointment no show, whatever. 

Several people ahead of me were unprepared, not right documentation, whatever, so I was able to get in within an hour.  Presented SS card and passport (papers please!) and got it all done and back home in a couple hours.  I got lucky it all just happened to work out for me, and I've been driving in this state for 38 years.

You can log on to their site at 7 or so, and keep refreshing the local offices.  At least one of them will crop up with a day's worth of same-day appointments.  They do go fast, but you can get them.

• Hook 'Em 1