Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

that Putin was “prepared to negotiate,” but only if Crimea remained Russian, if Ukraine accepted a form of permanent neutrality, and Ukraine recognised Russia’s annexation of Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

If you wanted rock-solid confirmation that Elon Musk may be an interesting strategic thinker re technology and such, but is dumb as a box of fucking rocks when it comes to business, look no further.  He just characterized "side A gives side B literally every single thing that it has ever demanded" as a "negotiation."

Imagine someone saying "Hey, Brisket, that guy who said 'give me all your money, your house, disarm yourself, let me rape your wife and murder your kids'.....you should give him all that stuff, and maybe he'll let you live!  That's my recommendation!"....and Brisket says "cool, that sounds great, where do I sign?"  Your only question would be which one of us is more abjectly stupid.  And it would be hard to measure, because we'd just proven that the intelligence of each of us is pretty close to 0 degrees Kelvin.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Apparently Elon is about to lawyer up for Logan Act violations.  Shit is about to get really fucking visionary.

How's this for a contrast.  Dennis....motherfucking....RODMAN.....managed to actually interact with a hostile foreign leader and accomplish a bit of statesmanship without running afoul of the Logan Act.

Elon Musk isn't as smart as DENNIS RODMAN.  Chew on that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

There's pretty solid evidence he's blocking Starlink units from accessing the internet in Crimea at the behest of Putin.  Dude is swimming in water he's got no business in.  His twitter escapade will look like child's play before this one is done.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I always guessed Elon was a busy guy, but apparently he will just reach out directly to let each user know what is expected of them. Goddamn, its gonna be funny once this choad gets ahold of twitter and realizes that there are very solid reasons for content moderation on a commercial platform that he just paid $44 bil for. 

https://qz.com/don-t-worry-elon-musk-will-talk-to-antisemites-on-twit-1849643084

• Rage+1 1

Looks as though some of Elon's backers for his Twitter bid that pledged back in the spring are now having cold feet:

https://www.businessinsider.com/investor-that-agreed-back-elon-musk-twitter-bid-wants-out-2022-10

With Elon Musk's Twitter acquisition looking like it's barreling towards a close, he will soon have to come up with $44 billion dollars — a lot of money even for the world's richest person.

About $7 billion of that sum is expected to come from a group of VC firms, asset managers, and wealthy individuals who made equity commitments earlier this year. With the bill coming due however, at least one investor is balking at the price tag.

"We're all trying to get out of it, to be honest," said Andrea Walne, a general partner at Manhattan Venture Partners.

Spoiler

MVP committed to invest in the deal earlier this year, but a question remains as to whether the firm and others will actually be on the hook for the full amount they committed to, according to Walne. "We talked to the other investors, everyone's trying to get out of it, no one thinks the company should be valued at $44 billion," she said.

Citing the sharp downturn in equity markets over the last 6 months, Walne said she would put the value of Twitter at this point closer to $10 billion to $12 billion, a far cry from the $44 billion that Musk has agreed to pay.

MVP runs venture capital funds with more than $1 billion in assets, according to its website. It also specializes in secondary market transactions, where existing startup shareholders and employees sell their private stock to get liquidity.  The firm has invested in startups including Instacart, Discord, and Musk's SpaceX. Exits include Airbnb, Pinterest, and DocuSign. 

In early May, before Musk tried to put a hold in the Twitter deal, he disclosed a list of investors who had agreed at that time to put $7.139 billion of equity into the acquisition. MVP is not listed in that SEC filing, however the firm was subpoenaed in August to provide a deposition as part of the deal litigation between Twitter and Musk. Other investors that committed to the acquisition in early May include Andreessen Horowitz, Baron Capital, Fidelity, Sequoia, Brookfield, and a Larry Ellison trust, according to the filing. 

"Given how unfavorable the deal now is for the buy-side, I'm sure Musk's buddies are all begging him to let them out," said Robert Miller, an attorney who specializes in M&A law. "The less they put in, however, the more Musk himself must put in."

Twitter did not respond to a request for comment. Alex Spiro, Musk's attorney, said "the vast majority of equity investors have been spoken to and are all in."

Musk's equity co-investors are obligated to provide the funds (or, in some cases, rollover shares) in the amounts promised, subject to essentially the same conditions under which Musk himself is obligated to fund the Twitter acquisition, Miller explained. However, the commitment letters the co-investors signed allow Musk, in his discretion, to reduce the investor's obligation. He can reduce, even to zero, any other investor's obligation, although that would mean he must come up with more money himself, the attorney added. 

"There's a lot of ambiguity right now as to whether or not any of us are actually obligated to fulfill our side of this," MVP's Walne said.

She's been calling MVP's bankers on Wall Street regularly, trying to find out if there's any wiggle room in the deal. "They're being very very hush hush about everything," she said, adding that at times she's struggled even to get them on the phone.

"What they're saying to us and others is, not responding and instead saying, you'll hear back from us in a couple days," Walne said, "and then a couple days later we're like, hey checking in, they're like, you'll hear back from us in a couple days. And they will not pick up the phone, they will not respond to anything otherwise." 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

This is why engineers shouldn't be allowed to run companies, or or manage anything, or even speak to the general public.  Of course an engineer will end up siding with authoritarians, it's the clean, efficient, and simplistic to the point of stupid way of running things.  Democracy is messy and unpredictable,  requires imagination, compassion, and compromise. 

Engineers are sociopaths, it is known.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm pretty sure Ditch Diggers are the modern day version of ditch diggers. Lets not get completely insane here. 

The point was that both have very specific functions and aren't capable of contributing much else.  The difference is that ditch diggers understand this, for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Elon is not an engineer. He's just an asshole. His undergrad degrees are in Physics and Economics. 

His "big ideas" are someone else's ideas he bought, because he was rich from South African apartheid fueled emerald mines. 

Reposted for emphasis. Stop saying he’s an engineer. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Reposted for emphasis. Stop saying he’s an engineer. 

This.  He's a "tech bro with so little social skills and human empathy that he excuses his conduct by saying 'I'm on the spectrum,' and the key to him being a tech bro was that he started with family generational wealth."

It has nothing to do with engineering.  It has everything to do with being an entitled asshole who started out on third base.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

This is why engineers shouldn't be allowed to run companies, or or manage anything, or even speak to the general public.  Of course an engineer will end up siding with authoritarians, it's the clean, efficient, and simplistic to the point of stupid way of running things.  Democracy is messy and unpredictable,  requires imagination, compassion, and compromise. 

When I was working with an Analytical team looking into the background of terrorists we stumbled on something. A lot of the leaders were engineers and doctors, people who see black and white, and not color. Check out the masterminds of Al Qaeda. Most fall into these categories. Che? Doctor. etc. Sure, it is not perfect science, but what a smart dude from Oxford came up with is they can only see right and wrong, black and white, not color in between. They are inspired by poets, authors, etc for sure and form the concept of nice stuff like Jihad.

Now, they are not the ones detonating, those are the poor masses. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Haven't seen this reported elsewhere, so grain of salt, yada.

He's usually always under investigation for something, because like most egomaniacs/narcissists he doesn't believe rules apply to him. Laws are only for the common stiff.  But because he has so much fucking money, he's pretty much right.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I fucking hate the guy but don’t see why his company should be footing the bill. That said, this was about the best advertising possible for starlink.

Don’t see why he should foot the bill? I admittedly only follow his dipshittery here, but if he stated one of his companies was going to give something away for free, why the heck should someone else foot the bill?

Or are we talking about something else?
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Don’t see why he should foot the bill? I admittedly only follow his dipshittery here, but if he stated one of his companies was going to give something away for free, why the heck should someone else foot the bill?

I don't think he thought it would be ongoing with no end in site. Yes the terminals were mostly donated, but the day to day services costs he's eating is getting really large. Something has to give as Starlink is far from profitable currently. (With or without Ukraine use)

32 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Um, yeah, about that.... USAID paid for the service. You, me, even his fanboi's paid for that. So fuck him. he wants to cut off the country we are supporting? And we are paying you? We purchased your services? Cool, go sell your Teslas in Siberia. Free market and all that. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't think he thought it would be ongoing with no end in site. Yes the terminals were mostly donated, but the day to day services costs he's eating is getting really large. Something has to give as Starlink is far from profitable currently. (With or without Ukraine use)

It's a fucking war that's been going on for less than a year. Wars are not events that end quickly. It seems more like Musk put his company in a position to become a critical resource knowing that he could eventually tap into taxpayer funding. The dude has been binging on government money for years, it's what he does.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, F250 said:

It's a fucking war that's been going on for less than a year. Wars are not events that end quickly. It seems more like Musk put his company in a position to become a critical resource knowing that he could eventually tap into taxpayer funding. The dude has been binging on government money for years, it's what he does.

It was a couple weeks after invasion when he sent the first units. I don't think most people, experts included thought it was going to last very long.

I get why Musk haters pile on him, heck prior posts take about him "taking sides" with Putin, but let's be real. If he doesn't get Starlink setup quickly for Ukraine and continue its service, Ukraine would have lost this war long ago. It's been vital for their survival.

• Hook 'Em 1

Elon Musk is speaking out against government subsidies. Here's a list of the billions of dollars his businesses have received.

Dec 15, 2021, 8:30 AM

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It was a couple weeks after invasion when he sent the first units. I don't think most people, experts included thought it was going to last very long.

I get why Musk haters pile on him, heck prior posts take about him "taking sides" with Putin, but let's be real. If he doesn't get Starlink setup quickly for Ukraine and continue its service, Ukraine would have lost this war long ago. It's been vital for their survival.

I think everyone acknowledges Ukraine needs the service.

But he or the people who work for him knew there was a way to announce they were super great people and then hold our their hand for our money before long.  

Put him on the bus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

I think everyone acknowledges Ukraine needs the service.

But he or the people who work for him knew there was a way to announce they were super great people and then hold our their hand for our money before long.  

Put him on the bus.

So his company should now just eat $10s of millions in service costs each month indefinitely?

When I was working with an Analytical team looking into the background of terrorists we stumbled on something. A lot of the leaders were engineers and doctors, people who see black and white, and not color. Check out the masterminds of Al Qaeda. Most fall into these categories. Che? Doctor. etc. Sure, it is not perfect science, but what a smart dude from Oxford came up with is they can only see right and wrong, black and white, not color in between. They are inspired by poets, authors, etc for sure and form the concept of nice stuff like Jihad.
Now, they are not the ones detonating, those are the poor masses. 

Always ask an engineer to name the most famous engineer. The answer is Osama bin Laden.
  • Haha 5

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?