Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

35 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

NASA was Uncle Rico, peaking in 1969, and welcomed private money to spur innovation again. You can hate Elon Musk without also mindlessly defending everything the US government does (or doesn't). They aren't mutually exclusive.

Maybe in terms of launch vehicles, but NASA is doing an incredible amount of science in space. DART, Webb, ISS, Curiosity, etc etc

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeerkatBong said:

NASA was Uncle Rico, peaking in 1969, and welcomed private money to spur innovation again. You can hate Elon Musk without also mindlessly defending everything the US government does (or doesn't). They aren't mutually exclusive.

Maybe Congress should just approve more money for them.  Did you think of that?

Shit, I just realized you're MonkeyCigaretteDonkeyCigar.  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

The bar for being an engineer is pretty low.  Gates and Zuckerberg both dropped out. No judgement here, since they did well for themselves.  Just saying.

TIL you can be called an engineer even if you dropped out.

Me llamo el INGENIERO R.D. de Canecuttico, putooooosssss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Cornpop said:

I think it was more about free speech

So...just to make sure I'm tracking this all correctly: this great bastion of free speech--who wants to spend $44B to eliminate censorship as we know it--throws a tantrum like a butt hurt little bitch and takes his ball and goes home every time someone smarter than him on a particular subject matter takes him to school. Do I have that right?

Man, if that ain't fucking typical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He very publicly played the white knight with Starlink and Ukraine. Even though the US paid for most of it. No one said a word. Everyone played their part. He later came back and tried to get a service fee of $20 million a month from US. They called him out on the shakedown. Now he’s acting like a baby?

that about sum it up?

it was $20m per month he said lol

but yeah the rest is right.

Edited by NoName

On 10/14/2022 at 5:59 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

but let's be real. If he doesn't get Starlink setup quickly for Ukraine and continue its service, Ukraine would have lost this war long ago. It's been vital for their survival.

I doubt it. It's certainly a huge help and needed, but I don't see any evidence that the Russian military that we've seen would've suddenly steamrolled Kyiv.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He very publicly played the white knight with Starlink and Ukraine. Even though the US paid for most of it. No one said a word. Everyone played their part. He later came back and tried to get a service fee of $20 million a month from US. They called him out on the shakedown. Now he’s acting like a baby?

that about sum it up?

Yes. We were already paying for it while he pretended he'd donated it, and then he went back to the Pentagon and tried to jack up the price.

Whoof, getting parler into the mix is openly flirting with fascism and insurrection. There was an incredible amount of evidence on and livestreams ran from parler's servers on Jan6 - some of it has even been used to secure criminal convictions with years of federal prison time for their """free speech""" on ye's new """free speech""" website

That's a big yikes from me, dawg.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The more I learn about this Elon Musk, the more I don’t care for him.

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

This.  I went from being completely indifferent about this guy to pretty much despising and wishing nothing but the worst for him in a short period of time.

The fact that he’s following ZeroHedge and responding to them, something my batshit Qanon sis-in-law who lives out of her car or a tent in her parents’ backyard does, speaks volumes.  

He is a great example for showing that people who get decent degrees from decent schools and make it big, can still be gullible idiots.  

Even if it’s a legitimate story, ZeroHedge only runs legitimate stories to make their batshit/Qanon/Russian propaganda stories seem like legitimate news, and Elon is apparently too fucking gullible to understand something as simple as that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

The fact that he’s following ZeroHedge and responding to them, something my batshit Qanon sis-in-law who lives out of her car or a tent in her parents’ backyard does, speaks volumes.  
He is a great example for showing that people who get decent degrees from decent schools and make it big, can still be gullible idiots.  
Even if it’s a legitimate story, ZeroHedge only runs legitimate stories to make their batshit/Qanon/Russian propaganda stories seem like legitimate news, and Elon is apparently too fucking gullible to understand something as simple as that.

He’s a narcissist. He’s chasing whatever he thinks will give him the mostest and bestest positive feedback. That’s it. Full stop, it’s not any more complicated than that. He asks “will amplifying Zerohedge make my fanboys suck my dick even harder?” If he thinks the answer is “yes,” then that’s what he’ll do.
The bigger mystery to me is why huge chunks of people feel an irresistible urge to worship narcissists. I don’t get it.

42 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Sure seems like Elon is destined for a “Britney Spears shaves her head” meltdown.  Not sure if this is it but it’s coming.

In hindsight, we now understand her meltdown was due to her dad literally controlling her  life up until last November.

His will be because he doesn’t get his way over something minor.

15 hours ago, MrBig said:

All of this Twitter shit going on, and nobody is talking about the 142,500 gallons of daily wastewater he wants to dump into the Colorado River.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/bastrop/elon-musk-company-wants-to-dump-treated-wastewater-into-colorado-river-some-neighbors-arent-happy-about-it/amp/

It's treated wastewater. As long as they're treating the waste correctly it really isn't a big deal. @Scheiss Meister

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It's treated wastewater. As long as they're treating the waste correctly it really isn't a big deal. @Scheiss Meister

It's Elon. His track record says he'll cut every possible corner. If they give it to him, they need to verify it down to the punctuation and keep monitoring on him for the duration. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Who else is dumping 142,500 gallons of treated wastewater into the Colorado river every single day? How does this dumping of “treated wastewater” compare to other business entities along the Colorado River? What are the statistics to compare, does anyone know? 

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

With him griping about not getting paid for starlink and his recent pro Russia comments I wonder how long it is until he gives Putin a back door to starlink.

He may like Putin, or rather like getting materials from Russia, but if he backdoors SpaceX’s Starlink terminals and satellites and gives it up to Putin, I cannot imagine the unholy shitstorm it would cause for SpaceX, a company that has launched classified payloads for the US government, and that relies on the US government for a significant revenue stream.

It would truly be a fuck around and find out situation for Musk and SpaceX, like no other. 

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He may like Putin, or rather like getting materials from Russia, but if he backdoors SpaceX’s Starlink terminals and satellites and gives it up to Putin, I cannot imagine the unholy shitstorm it would cause for SpaceX, a company that has launched classified payloads for the US government, and that relies on the US government for a significant revenue stream.

It would truly be a fuck around and find out situation for Musk and SpaceX, like no other. 

Yeah, he's an arrogant prick,  but I doubt he wants to fuck around with the future prospects of SpaceX like that. They were one of my larger customers and the vendor qualification and all the other shit they have to stay on top of to stay in the governments good graces is not trivial. I always got the feeling SpaceX plays it a lot straighter than Tesla. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Who else is dumping 142,500 gallons of treated wastewater into the Colorado river every single day? How does this dumping of “treated wastewater” compare to other business entities along the Colorado River? What are the statistics to compare, does anyone know? 

100 gpm isn't a lot. Big industrials are flowing much,much more than that into bodies of water. The main thing is the permit limits and enforcement.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That doesn't mean that there won't be fuckery and the State won't turn a blind eye to said fuckery.  It means that if the rules are followed and enforced, there won't be a significant danger from this discharge.

As a 19-year-old, I worked in a wastewater treatment plant. Usually alone and unsupervised. Your post made me remember stuff.

• Haha 6

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?