Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Easy to remove the Twitter app today.  I installed it to follow Ukraine and there are several here who do a great job aggregating already so I have no need to generate views.  

Just like Spotify, voting with your feet or wallet is fine.  Let me know when the scat pics go up, I’ll swing by again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

Please explain to me what is political about being against the slaughter of innocent human beings just trying to go about their daily lives.

Please explain what you or I have to do with slaughtering human beings. Do you do that? Do you picket for or against it? 

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

What are you doing morally, or substantively, that impacts the actual war differently from what im doing?  

There must be something concrete that makes 1 party a hero and the other a nazi. 

Yeah, you really are not following it. Have you heard Russia's propaganda about Ukrainian Nazi's? 

Fuck it back to Elon. Dude needs to stay out of international politics. Oh wait, shall we discuss his take on China/Taiwan? 

Please explain what you or I have to do with slaughtering human beings. Do you do that? Do you picket for or against it? 

Well for one, you're the one talking about appeasement with a fascist invading force. Don't do a Neville Chamberlain, you won't get dogpiled. Simple as. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, you really are not following it. Have you heard Russia's propaganda about Ukrainian Nazi's? 

Fuck it back to Elon. Dude needs to stay out of international politics. Oh wait, shall we discuss his take on China/Taiwan? 

You steered it down this path soliciting my personal opinion so you owe an explanation before ditching it. 

What does my stance have to do with Nazi propaganda and how does it consequentially differ from yours?

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

You steered it down this path soliciting my personal opinion so you owe an explanation before ditching it. 

What does my stance have to do with Nazi propaganda and how does it consequentially differ from yours?

Read my post..... I said Ukrainian Nazi's. That is a major reason for this invasion from the Russian perspective. 

From me? I know I don't fucking support anyone who wants to appease them. I know my grandfather jumped at D-Day. I know his three brothers died in the Pacific or North Sea. 

Fuck off man. Enjoy your Tesla and stock. 

• Hook 'Em 4

People are all freaking out about this because of their own personal or political views, but to me since I use twitter as a text resource for academic research this provides a wonder divider for various types of event studies regarding pre/post Elon.

Just from a personal viewpoint, I will say that my Twitter stream is actually way less polarized today, my trending news is way less political, and I am seeing more from smaller content creators that have for reason that were not visible in my timeline.  This is just one day and there are a variety of reasons of why, but it does seem like there is a difference day 1 of MuskTwitter.

Weird enough, I am seeing reports of a dramatic drop in engagement numbers for a variety of influencers and political figures today, which tends to point to a major sweep of bot accounts as well.

Will be real curious to see what happens by this afternoon. I might want to fire up one of my hashtag scrapers and see how the engagement and reach metrics compare to the same date last year.

• Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 -- active support for refugees.

2 -- support of World Central Kitchen with my money.

3 -- demanding that my elected officials stay the course (they work for me, they are pursuing a policy path that I approve of, and I let them know how they feel).

I'm no hero -- one doesn't have to be.  But being a mere spectator, or even tacit supporter/enabler, of a totalitarian genocide is....ummm....bad.

1-did your central asian(?) refugee just switch nationalities? thats nice. i offered my house to ukrainian friend and ex-colleague (posted early in war thread. they took refuge with family near the border)

2-i cook at the local homeless society. sorry, dont know the allegiances of all the recipients. 

3-whom did you petition and vote for vs whom did i petition and vote for that takes opposing stance on this war. would love to hear this one

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

1-did your central asian(?) refugee just switch nationalities? thats nice. i offered my house to ukrainian friend and ex-colleague (posted early in war thread. they took refuge with family near the border)

2-i cook at the local homeless society. sorry, dont know the allegiances of all the recipients. 

3-whom did you petition and vote for vs whom did i petition and vote for that takes opposing stance on this war. would love to hear this one

I spent 7 years in Afghanistan doing Development and Humanitarian ops. With my partners we got 90% of our team out. Yeah, some were stuck in Helmand and we are still working it. And my interpreter, who did not run early, takes his citizenship exam next quarter. My father is advising him. Ya know, cuz he has some time. We did crowd source his first tractor trailer. 

I write grants for small, minority owned businesses in my community, have sat as a director at the County Food Bank, and run a start up foundation. One of our focal areas is refugee and immigrant inclusion. 

I vote with my heart and do my research. My go to is the League of Women Voters as a standard guide. I do not vote just one color. I would say I am a Social Hawk. 

Brah, you got a micro-Elon ego. Deal with it. Do you deliver the said groceries in your Tesla or use your wife's subaru?

You got called out and failed. 

@Brisketexan I stepped in so you could continue to be a legal eagle and defend the rights of one eyed puppies. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My kids tell me the same thing.  Admittedly, I am one repetitive SOB.

Dad jokes are evergreen. 

37 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Question. Did the Biden Admin ask him to engage with the Russians? If not, perhaps we should look at his clearances. I am sure the stock owners would love that, and since old 52-80 really only cares about the finance side he might give a damn. 

That would be complicated. You could make a case at this point that Tesla and SpaceX are systemically important tech businesses. The US Gov needs him as much as he needs them. 

On another note, far more concerning than his accused connections to Russian interests are his known and verified connections to Chinese interests.  

He’s a complicated guy. Part scammer, part PT Barnum, part tech visionary, part pot stirrer. 

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I spent 7 years in Afghanistan doing Development and Humanitarian ops. With my partners we got 90% of our team out. Yeah, some were stuck in Helmand and we are still working it. And my interpreter, who did not run early, takes his citizenship exam next quarter. My father is advising him. Ya know, cuz he has some time. We did crowd source his first tractor trailer. 

I write grants for small, minority owned businesses in my community, have sat as a director at the County Food Bank, and run a start up foundation. One of our focal areas is refugee and immigrant inclusion. 

I vote with my heart and do my research. My go to is the League of Women Voters as a standard guide. I do not vote just one color. I would say I am a Social Hawk. 

Brah, you got a micro-Elon ego. Deal with it. Do you deliver the said groceries in your Tesla or use your wife's subaru?

You got called out and failed. 

Yes, my ego. After you invited my opinion on it, and my 98% apoliticalness equates somehow to tacit Russian Nazi support. (Silence is violence or something?) 

Not sorry i dont brainstorm playbooks on how to end a war. Sorry you need a civilian villain so bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The 3 fired execs are taking home $187m between them. Dealing with Elon or having close to $200m? The two options are almost equal.

I read that Parag Agrawal is getting a $42 million severance package. Jimbo Fisher laughs in mediocrity while wiping his ass with hundred dollar bills.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

He can't turn Twitter into a right wing cesspool without killing it. Right wing rhetoric doesn't land if there aren't libs around to own. That's why Parler etc. are failures.

People have to get their dopamine hits somewhere. Twitter will be hard to replicate for a left leaning person or entity.  All the major news orgs propagate their info there. So their reporters and the blue checkmark pundits will be there. 

“Build your own social network.” 

Easier said than done. 

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Yes, my ego. After you invited my opinion on it, and my 98% apoliticalness equates somehow to tacit Russian Nazi support. (Silence is violence or something?) 

Not sorry i dont brainstorm playbooks on how to end a war. Sorry you need a civilian villain so bad. 

You said you did not care. Enough said.

Follow him on Twitter and worry about your stock. 

56 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

CR is about allegiance-based mudslinging you’re provoking right now. 

You asked what I think Elon thinks about Putin. I answered he’s wrong for not condemning Putin. 

But beyond that, I dont LARP as a military advisor. And for not pledging fealty to a team you start insulting me…

Great game, politics is fun. 

Accusations of “Allegiance-based” mudslinging and “not pledging fealty to a team” from the guy spinning himself in circles defending non-”biz/financing” related positions from Musk. Being a stereotype must be fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Is this still the Elon-Twitter thread or the one about how you will personally win the war?

Brah, really? Elon made some fucked up statements. You backed him up. You got called out. Take the loss pussy. 

BTW, a Central Asian (proper spelling Sir, your refugee friend may appreciate being correct) could easily be Russian...... Hmmmmmm.....  Ya know, Geography and all that. 

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Brah, really? Elon made some fucked up statements. You backed him up. You got called out. Take the loss pussy. 

His stated position is he wants to avoid *further escalation* of war.  Feel free to oppose that notion all day long. 

His position was void of any blame of Putin/RU. I explicitly disagreed with that. 

Paint that as backing him up. Do whatever you need to to appease your anger. Mighty angry for such a peace loving hero, are you?

Just now, 52-80 said:

His stated position is he wants to avoid *further escalation* of war.  Feel free to oppose that notion all day long. 

His position was void of any blame of Putin/RU. I explicitly disagreed with that. 

Paint that as backing him up. Do whatever you need to to appease your anger. Mighty angry for such a peace loving hero, are you?

Further escalation is pull the fuck out of the country. Stop talking Nukes. Stop having your minions sending DM's to him. Call his ass out. 

But you defend Elon. You said it once and then went after anyone who said more is needed. 

Appeasement...... And no, not angry. And if you know war you love peace. I know it and don't like it. 

Are we done? 

I will feel so free.  Just like I would have opposed anyone taking the position on June 5, 1944 that the Allies should "avoid further escalation of the war in Europe."

Elon is a narcissist who stepped on his own dick in most every possible way in trying to make himself much more important and relevant than he should be.  He fucked up.  Take the loss, pussy.

The fact that he's motivated by greedy self-interest underneath that ("stop making things bad for Russia, as I need their cheap raw materials and underpaid peasant labor of extracting same in order to make my next billions") doesn't make the episode any better, by the way.

Some folks can acknowledge that a person may be a fair enough businessman (the jury is still out, by the way....shit can fall apart faster than you think if that guy gets way out over his skis) but also a garbage human.  Often, the reasons for both conclusions are the same.  I mean, as one example, we could discuss at length how, in real-dollar terms, a businessman's decision to source all of his raw materials using slave labor translates to the fattest bottom line in the business......which makes him a massive producer of shareholder value AND a garbage human being.  

As for "heroes," we all use the power and leverage we can.  What you use it for is the tale of the moral tape.  Yep, with one tweet, Elon can surely make more of an impact on geopolitics than I will ever make with whatever real effort I ever make.  So, that fucker should use it wisely.  He should use it for good, not evil, ego, or self-interest.  And if he does, I'll call him out on it.  I won't be alone.  If enough of us do so, our collective political will and market power makes a difference.  Because the West is not the complete Russian-style oligarchy that Musk admires and aspires to.  At least, it ain't all the way there quite yet.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Further escalation is pull the fuck out of the country. Stop talking Nukes. Stop having your minions sending DM's to him. Call his ass out. 

But you defend Elon. You said it once and then went after anyone who said more is needed. 

Appeasement...... And no, not angry. And if you know war you love peace. I know it and don't like it. 

Are we done? 

Cool. Thats your position - not my interest to dissect it. 

I said hes right about some things, and wrong about some things. That goes for this topic as much as everything else he does (eg Thai cave). 

Then you piled on me for not showing contrition about a war i neither support nor am in a position in influence. Lol. Wheres your public support for the rest of the active global conflicts?

My family are immigrants of war and I dont find it fascinating to obsess over or fantasize playing General.  Great for you if you do. 

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I will feel so free.  Just like I would have opposed anyone taking the position on June 5, 1944 that the Allies should "avoid further escalation of the war in Europe."

These analogies all fall flat. They’re missing one key distinction. Hitler didn’t have nukes. If he did we wouldn’t have been able to incinerate his cities. 

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Some folks can acknowledge that a person may be a fair enough businessman (the jury is still out, by the way....shit can fall apart faster than you think if that guy gets way out over his skis) but also a garbage human. 

You’re having trouble acknowledging that the richest man in the world is a “fair enough businessman”. 😂 That’s like saying Wilt Chamberlain might’ve been a playboy, but the jury’s still out! I love this site. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Cool. Thats your position - not my interest to dissect it. 

I said hes right about some things, and wrong about some things. That goes for this topic as much as everything else he does (eg Thai cave). 

Then you piled on me for not showing contrition about a war i neither support nor am in a position in influence. Lol. Wheres your public support for the rest of the active global conflicts?

My family are immigrants of war and I dont find it fascinating to obsess over or fantasize playing General.  Great for you if you do. 

Man, you got no idea about my family so don't bring it up. Just let it go. No one piled on you. We are not aggys. You made a statement. People disagreed. I was wrong on an earlier post about starlink, got corrected, said cool and let it go. 

BTW, not one Central Asian (again, correct spelling) would say that. They would say they are Tajik, Uzbek, etc..... 

Musk took Kremlin talking points and reposted them. but wait, you just care about the money. Oligarch much?

I smell a troll @Brisketexan  This dude don't make sense. Maybe he should head over and give financial advice on texags. 

Just now, Humble Beast said:

These analogies all fall flat. They’re missing one key distinction. Hitler didn’t have nukes. If he did we wouldn’t have been able to incinerate his cities. 

You’re having trouble acknowledging that the richest man in the world is a “fair enough businessman”. 😂 That’s like saying Wilt Chamberlain might’ve been a playboy, but the jury’s still out! I love this site. 

It ain't how much you have today.  It's how much you end up with.  It's like calling someone the world's greatest gambler because he's up $100k in Vegas at 10 pm.  Let's see where he is at 3 am.

And if you want to ignore his plain toadying to China and Russia because he is willing to sacrifice the lives and freedom of millions so he can have a nice supply of raw materials and consumers, have at it.  I won't.  I think it's immoral.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't understand why people think that Elon Musk needs them to defend him. Weird behavior.

This. He’s the richest man in the world.  He literally doesn’t think about you and If he did, it would probably be something to the effect “ew, gross, a poor.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

No, but no one did. He was working on them. We were just better at it. See, he prosecuted a lot of people and they were smart. And they went to the west. And we were smart and used that knowledge. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It ain't how much you have today.  It's how much you end up with.  It's like calling someone the world's greatest gambler because he's up $100k in Vegas at 10 pm.  Let's see where he is at 3 am.

And if you want to ignore his plain toadying to China and Russia because he is willing to sacrifice the lives and freedom of millions so he can have a nice supply of raw materials and consumers, have at it.  I won't.  I think it's immoral.

Fuck you, that's uncalled for! No I don't need your stupid when the fun stops flyer!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

His businesses (pre-Twitter) are or have been entirely dependent on the taxpayer dime to be solvent. He just bought a company that has only occasionally turned a profit in the last 9 years based on a whim driven by his need to shitpost.

Even charlatans can make money.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Man, you got no idea about my family so don't bring it up. Just let it go. No one piled on you. We are not aggys. You made a statement. People disagreed. I was wrong on an earlier post about starlink, got corrected, said cool and let it go. 

BTW, not one Central Asian (again, correct spelling) would say that. They would say they are Tajik, Uzbek, etc..... 

Musk took Kremlin talking points and reposted them. but wait, you just care about the money. Oligarch much?

I smell a troll @Brisketexan  This dude don't make sense. Maybe he should head over and give financial advice on texags. 

You sure like to misrepresent positions to swat them down. 

I mentioned nothing about *your* family. I mentioned mine, and why I dont care to obsess about hypothetical geopolitical/military strategy. 

Im not disturbed about your (or others’) piling on.  Im pointing out that its based on a silly fabricated premise. 

Brisket mentioned that the teen he took in was Afghani. Or could be Kyrzgyztani.  Or somewhere around there. Thats why we they have regional descriptors. Are you really picking nits on geographic semantics?

Which political talking points originated from whose party is not my ballpark. At all. Im fascinated by the Twitter acquisition saga. Its hard to see why you take such umbrage with that, but anger is the soup du jour. 

You sure like to misrepresent positions to swat them down. 

I mentioned nothing about *your* family. I mentioned mine, and why I dont care to obsess about hypothetical geopolitical/military strategy. 

Im not disturbed about your (or others’) piling on.  Im pointing out that its based on a silly fabricated premise. 

Brisket mentioned that the teen he took in was Afghani. Or could be Kyrzgyztani.  Or somewhere around there. Thats why we they have regional descriptors. Are you really picking nits on geographic semantics?

Which political talking points originated from whose party is not my ballpark. At all. Im fascinated by the Twitter acquisition saga. Its hard to see why you take such umbrage with that, but anger is the soup du jour. 

Cool Dude. Enjoy your weekend. And your spelling sucks. All the refugees I have sponsored I knew their country, and usually, ethnic group. So yeah, cuz in that part of the world it matters a lot. Maybe you should learn some things about the international world. 

We defended our take. You did not like it. Enjoy your investments. 

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?