Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

41 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

I know, right. We've got to do something about independent thought that differences from the mainstream media narrative. 

This is the most cynical #bothsides I've read in some time. This wasn't just a different opinion, Elon was amplifying a known right wing and qanon disinformation source inside his first week as twitter CEO. It's fun to deride that as cryinglib.meme, but you're allowing yourself to be manipulated and made into a useful idiot if you think you're making an even comparison 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is the most cynical #bothsides I've read in some time. This wasn't just a different opinion, Elon was amplifying a known right wing and qanon disinformation source inside his first week as twitter CEO. It's fun to deride that as cryinglib.meme, but you're allowing yourself to be manipulated and made into a useful idiot if you think you're making an even comparison 

It doesn't matter what the opinion is. If it's counter to your political party narrative, you don't like it. You guys were all just fine with Elon Musk when you thought he was on your team. But when he made it clear how much he depises you and all you stand for, you went full triggered. I don't really give a shit about Elon Musk one way or the other, but I will always be for free speech. 

• Fuck You 14

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

He appears to have deleted his tweet (without comment) after people pointed out that his "newspaper" source has previously claimed that Hillary is dead and was switched with a body double for the 2016 campaign. Ironic, given that Musk sent it to Hillary Clinton.

Now now, you can’t simply judge the source of content 

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Start reading Compact magazine and Postliberal Order substack to get more info on the thought leaders of our movement.

https://compactmag.com
https://postliberalorder.substack.com

Pass

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Musk despises people on this thread?   You can read his mind as well as everyone else posting here?  Boy, you got it all figured out. Congrats.

No mind reading necessary. He stated it. Feel free to look it up

13 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Walk into room, take steaming dump on carpet.  Everyone gasps.

”You’re obviously triggered and should calm down”

This thread was already a steaming pile of shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, Cornpop said:

It doesn't matter what the opinion is

You're being willfully ignorant and borderline trolling if you think that advancing a lie that is directly counter to the facts of the situation is an "opinion". 

If you're tucker carlson you may argue that's "just an opinion", but unless you're a fundamentally dishonest person you'd probably call it a lie. 

You guys were all just fine with Elon Musk when you thought he was on your team. But when he made it clear how much he depises you and all you stand for, you went full triggered.

I've been pretty consistent in this thread that he's not a wizard, he's just willing to ignore conventional wisdom and fail along the way to success. You keep using the word "triggered" because it's what angry TV man says and you repeat it like an aggy, but folks here are more just laughing at how badly Elon is fucking himself over.

I don't really give a shit about Elon Musk one way or the other, but I will always be for free speech. 

Blindly supporting someone's actions because you agree with their rhetoric is how you end up drafting behind qanon. It's not gonna put you in good company lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Case in point here cornpop, Elon is going for another cryinglib.meme here 

He's trying to dodge accountability for putting out bullshit propoganda from a bullshit source by leaning on culture war bullshit to distract the useful idiots. Like how when babyaga outed himself as a neonazi but since he's on your team in the culture war you've got his back. Just like how since (you think) Elon triggers the people you want triggered, you'll defend him on a Texas football message board. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're being willfully ignorant and borderline trolling if you think that advancing a lie that is directly counter to the facts of the situation is an "opinion". 

If you're tucker carlson you may argue that's "just an opinion", but unless you're a fundamentally dishonest person you'd probably call it a lie. 

I've been pretty consistent in this thread that he's not a wizard, he's just willing to ignore conventional wisdom and fail along the way to success. You keep using the word "triggered" because it's what angry TV man says and you repeat it like an aggy, but folks here are more just laughing at how badly Elon is fucking himself over.

Blindly supporting someone's actions because you agree with their rhetoric is how you end up drafting behind qanon. It's not gonna put you in good company lol

I use the term triggered because that is what you are. I have never subscribed to, or read any Qanon material ever. This has nothing to do with my political persuasions. I want everyone to have the same access to social media platforms. Biden, Trump, Ronald McDonald, and even you. As long as you are not violating any laws, you should have the right to protected speech. If you feel otherwise, maybe you're a nazi?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

11 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Wait, Cornpop = Macklemore = Icono?!?

Oh shit here comes big girl Penelope to add to the Cloak Roomer pile on...ouch I felt that. Try eating a salad every once in a while for Pete's sake.

I would say that I'm sorry that you are a self-loathing, miserable person who can't stand different opinions than your own, but it wouldn't do any good. Y'all keep piling up those books lol

Edited by Cornpop
  • Fuck You 14

It doesn't matter what the opinion is. If it's counter to your political party narrative, and offered without supporting evidence, 

don't like it. You guys were all just fine with Elon Musk when you thought he was on your team. But when he made it clear how much he depises you and all you stand for, you went full triggered. I don't really give a shit about Elon Musk one way or the other, but I will always be for free speech. 

FIFY.

Nah. I’m not a fan of Saudi Arabia nor billionaires. If I ever mentioned Musk before today, I’d put money that my post said he ought to be taxed like it’s 1950. I might have posted something about his father adopting a four year old girl, who, later in life, he impregnated.

To be realistic, their child was conceived when the daughter was in her thirties. So, he isn’t a cellar dweller in league Woody Allen. But, his son seems autocratic

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

I want everyone to have the same access to social media platforms.  

Biden, Trump, Ronald McDonald, and even you. As long as you are not violating any laws, you should have the right to protected speech. 

That sounds nice, but those platforms are private companies and have the right to kick off anybody that causes them problems regardless of whether laws are broken or not, because their job is to pay their bills and make a profit, not to make it easy to send out racist or conspiracy bullshit or photos of the grandkids.   This is where Musk is going to run into a lot of problems down the line, and he may have already realized that with his letter to advertisers   

And absolutely nothing is stopping anybody from starting their own social media platform if they are booted from an existing one.  For a $10 a year domain name (CornpopsWordsofWisdom.com is available) and for under $5 a month, and free if you are willing to let the host benefit from advertising, in a few minutes you can spin up a WordPress site with a few plugins and have 75%-90% of the functionality of Twitter or Facebook (and you can hit the full functionality with another half hour of research and a few more plugins).  

Edit: I don’t think Musk is dumb enough to turn Twitter into a free-for-all, but he also posts a lot of stupid shit on Twitter which makes me question his common sense and mental health,

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That sounds nice, but those platforms are private companies and have the right to kick off anybody that causes them problems regardless of whether laws are broken or not, because their job is to pay their bills and make a profit, not to make it easy to send out racist or conspiracy bullshit or photos of the grandkids.   This is where Musk is going to run into a lot of problems down the line, and he may have already realized that with his letter to advertisers   

And absolutely nothing is stopping anybody from starting their own social media platform if they are booted from an existing one.  For a $10 a year domain name (CornpopsWordsofWisdom.com is available) and for under $5 a month, and free if you are willing to let the host benefit from advertising, in a few minutes you can spin up a WordPress site with a few plugins and have 75%-90% of the functionality of Twitter or Facebook (and you can hit the full functionality with another half hour of research and a few more plugins).  

Edit: I don’t think Musk is dumb enough to turn Twitter into a free-for-all, but he also posts a lot of stupid shit on Twitter which makes me question his common sense and mental health,

https://docs.joinmastodon.org/user/run-your-own/

Here you go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Wait, Cornpop = Macklemore = Icono?!?

No, Cornpop = Immortal. Remember, he's the guy who got so "triggered," he was permabanned from this site.

But, yes, Macklemore = Icono, and he's a proven liar about his new handle. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Cornpop said:

Oh shit here comes big girl Penelope to add to the Cloak Roomer pile on...ouch I felt that. Try eating a salad every once in a while for Pete's sake.

I would say that I'm sorry that you are a self-loathing, miserable person who can't stand different opinions than your own, but it wouldn't do any good. Y'all keep piling up those books lol

Wow, personal attacks against a person you don’t know.  You are a sad little cunt.  @immamac and @hayden_horn, I suggest an IP ban this time.

55 minutes ago, immamac said:

I always assume they will ask a nephew or a campaign worker or intern who had a web design class one time, and ome of them will say “WordPress!”

I’m hoping somebody will use all of the websites that came out after Trump and others were banned from Twitter in a class somewhere on how not to design social media platforms/websites.  Edit: and how a competent social media platform/website could have been done cheaply, in a few months, rather than the shitshows that took a while with gab and TruthSocial,

Edited by atomheartbevo

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I always assume they will ask a nephew or a campaign worker or intern who had a web design class one time, and ome of them will say “WordPress!”

I’m hoping somebody will use all of the websites that came out after Trump and others were banned from Twitter in a class somewhere on how not to design social media platforms/websites.  Edit: and how a competent social media platform/website could have been done cheaply, in a few months, rather than the shitshows that took a while with gab and TruthSocial,

truth is mastodon with some tweaks and they got sued for abusing the license. 

https://www.pcmag.com/opinions/trumps-truth-social-can-only-make-mastodon-stronger

25 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I have 3-4 accounts on Twitter. I’m thinking about deleting them.

Musk is basically Trump with real money. He is getting more self delusional almost daily.

If I could remember my password or wasn’t so lazy in resetting it, I’d delete mine. But I can’t remember the password and didn’t feel like resetting it over the weekend 

This seems……pointless and dumb.

I know the whole “Blue Check Mark” as a status symbol is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it started as - and still is - a useful way to keep bad actors from impersonating experts/celebrities/journalists/politicians/companies/news outlets or stopping domain squatters from claiming names to ransom them.

Way to “fix” something that wasn’t a problem and seems rife for abuse to deny verification or eliminate users that Musk and his minions don’t like.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

WTF is wrong with you. 

my actual account

one for rehosting videos from imgur or wherever for surly (i know surly can host them but it also scales them bigly which is annoying)

one for following various camwhores

not sure why you'd need a 4th. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Way to “fix” something that wasn’t a problem and seems rife for abuse to deny verification or eliminate users that Musk and his minions don’t like.

So I'm supposed to pay $960 a year to maintain blue checks on 4 accounts whose actual sole purpose is to retweet content posted to the sites associated with the accounts (I do post original content and interact with people on those accounts to earn/maintain the blue checks, but it's not much effort and I still only set them up and post on them to drive traffic to the websites).

Or I can just skip the $960 a year and people will still follow me and still click on the links when stuff is posted, because current followers won't give a shit and potential/future followers will still care more that they link to the websites than anything else.

And a shitload of other blue-check people will do the same and forego the blue check.  While the spammers will happily pay for it.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

I have 3-4 accounts on Twitter. I’m thinking about deleting them.

Musk is basically Trump with real money. He is getting more self delusional almost daily.

I have a bunch related to websites I own (and no personal stuff on them), but just three personal (one really personal tied to my name for some stuff I've written, two that are not tied to my name, one is related to hobbyist stuff, one to current events (Ukraine)).  Twitter is still very useful.

Just block people and only follow a few dozen or whatever.

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

No, Cornpop = Immortal. Remember, he's the guy who got so "triggered," he was permabanned from this site.

legit holy shit, did not realize this. that dude was the first and only person i had on ignore bc everything about him was just...sad and pathetic and it felt gross even interacting with him. explains much. so now he's also the second. thanks for the heads up.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

it's only fun for people as long as you interact...it isn't fun if they don't piss anyone off. use the ignore feature. 

yep

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

This seems……pointless and dumb.

I know the whole “Blue Check Mark” as a status symbol is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it started as - and still is - a useful way to keep bad actors from impersonating experts/celebrities/journalists/politicians/companies/news outlets or stopping domain squatters from claiming names to ransom them.

He’s going to falsely verify fake accounts and bots. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?