Texas (+4.5) @ Texas Tech- Tuesday, 8pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I applaud Cunningham's effort and loved it during the game. That said, he abandoned any notion of going for the ball and threw a side body block at the guy. While watching the replays immediately afterward, I shrugged and thought to myself "yeah, he's getting tossed". It came across as flagrant, and worthwhile.

Reminded me of the Horry "hipcheck" in the playoffs where Nash pretended like he just got shot. Then the whole Suns bench jumped off the bench and got themselves suspended for Game 5 and cost themselves the series. lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I applaud Cunningham's effort and loved it during the game. That said, he abandoned any notion of going for the ball and threw a side body block at the guy. While watching the replays immediately afterward, I shrugged and thought to myself "yeah, he's getting tossed". It came across as flagrant, and worthwhile.

Yeah, I knew he was getting tossed immediately. 

He wasn't going for the ball
The hip check was excessive (maybe just a flagrant-1 if he was actually going for the ball)
He has a bit of a reputation

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

The thing I appreciated about what Brock Cunningham did is he was essentially acting on behalf of this fan base by giving a one last middle finger to Lubbock.

He isn't the player I hoped he would be this year but I think his impact on culture and being willing to do some dirty work is still there.

That was coincidental. He has played like that for 5 (6?) years.  Didn’t end up costing us the game, so it was a nice work. 

whether or not the actual plays bother me depended on the situation, but I usually didn’t like the what did I do expression immediately after. Just own it. But this one I enjoyed that part of it as it really antagonized the fans.  I kinda wish he had walked off the court instead of ran, but I’m guessing he was told to do so.

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, I knew he was getting tossed immediately. 

He wasn't going for the ball
The hip check was excessive (maybe just a flagrant-1 if he was actually going for the ball)
He has a bit of a reputation

Our guy bounced right back up so it looked a lot worse than it actually was imo. Obviously that kind of thing is usually gonna get you tossed but it's ultimately whatever.

20 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said: the fact that it was a teammates sister just classes it up, Tech style.  * however per @slorch it's ok since it was in the Bahamas or whatever the fuck. 

Not what I said. But you make your shit as you go, so don’t let that get in your way. 

Go ahead and take my name out your mouth if you’re gonna make shit up. 

3 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Towards the end of the game, Fran said he thought Texas will do well in SEC and something to the effect that he thought it was good they are leaving because other B12 schools have too much “envy” towards Texas.  This was the first time I heard someone call out the other schools pettiness towards Texas.

He said "enmity".

5 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Pop isaaacs git a 17 year old drunk and raped her while at a tournament representing your fine institution a couple moths ago and still plays basketball for your university.  

How bout you not worry so much about Brock Cunningham living rent free in your piece of shit fanbases heads and tell us how that's ok? 

Preach my brother 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

The thing I appreciated about what Brock Cunningham did is he was essentially acting on behalf of this fan base by giving a one last middle finger to Lubbock.

He isn't the player I hoped he would be this year but I think his impact on culture and being willing to do some dirty work is still there.

He played a hell of a game up until that point, which is why it made no sense because he was a difference maker in compiling a 20+ lead. But yeah, he's a had a inconsistent season overall.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

McCasland handled it really well, I have a lot of respect for him.

i loved how he wasn’t like, “guys, we’re classier than that, that’s not what we do around here”, he was like, “guys, we all want to throw stuff at them right now, but we’re going to get T’d up every time we do it, so even though throwing garbage at the Texas team just feels right, now is not the time.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also hilarious is all of the TTU fans shit talking brock on social media by talking about how he’s going to be selling real estate or working at enterprise rent a car next year. anybody want to tell them? lol

He will be playing basketball professionally next year.

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also hilarious is all of the TTU fans shit talking brock on social media by talking about how he’s going to be selling real estate or working at enterprise rent a car next year. anybody want to tell them? lol

Tech friend of mine mentioned that Brock needs to freshen up his LinkedIn...was good for a chuckle...

33 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Tech friend of mine mentioned that Brock needs to freshen up his LinkedIn...was good for a chuckle...

On his X (fomerly known as Tweeter) post, many were telling him to enjoy working as an insurance salesman or something along that line. There is no projection there whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

On his X (fomerly known as Tweeter) post, many were telling him to enjoy working as an insurance salesman or something along that line. There is no projection there whatsoever.

Well they (Fran and his idiot partner) mentioned commercial RE last night 

44 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

NSIAP...

Joey, Joey, Joey....please show up the 2nd weekend in March for the Baseball series 😂

Next phrase for mullet boy....."You want fries with that" ?

Turns out mullet head is Bandy the Rodeo Clown....🤡

That kid is only 18? He must be a freshman. He’s developed quite a bit of hatred in 1 1/2 semesters. 

Poor guy. He didn’t even get to storm the field in 2022. 😂

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

tony kornheiser and pablo torre destroying TTU on PTI today. it’s their #2 story of the day. 

and they were right.

Throwing shit on the floor was bullshit, and I agree with Tony if there is video evidence of the throwers, ban them from USArena for life.  If they are students, put them in the transfer portal( his words, not mine.)

Edited by slorch