2024 Final Four and National Championship

Pancho

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I wasn't aware that college basketball teams were allowed to run offensive sets.

it’s kind of astounding how many good programs/tournament teams seem to default to “give our best player the ball and get out of the way” down the stretch of big games. i really think that’s where the great coaches make hay. they have plans and strategies beyond, “let him cook!” and that’s why they win titles and the guys just beneath them don’t.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it’s kind of astounding how many good programs/tournament teams seem to default to “give our best player the ball and get out of the way” down the stretch of big games. i really think that’s where the great coaches make hay. they have plans and strategies beyond, “let him cook!” and that’s why they win titles and the guys just beneath them don’t.

That and the ability to get kids to fully execute an offensive set. It’s no different than other sports too, executing the details matter. Some coaches can draw that out of their players, most can’t.

Edited by troph

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Which guy in this game do you think will have the best NBA career?

Newton, Castle/Samson Johnson, Karaban/Clingan ... It's hard to say from this group.  Each, with good health and adaptation to the NBA game could play roles in the league for several years.  Edey might could be a back-up bench big for several years if he stays in good shape and good health.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, n64ra said:

Really need Purdue to win so I don't lose my family bracket.

My 8 year old won our women's family bracket and wins our 12 person men's family bracket with a UConn W tonight.

Should have entered her brackets into some money pools!

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, naija said:

this turn on offenses in college basketball just brought this clip to mind

We were having a brief convo about how basketball has changed, this video right here. We learned the pick and roll and on and off ball screens but ghost screens, slips, etc that’s all newer. It’s pretty cool shit how things evolved but that UConn offense is another level man I tell ya.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Edey crying for a foul was rich. Mother fucker throws his elbow into the defenders body every damn time.

Fuck this goofy ass cornball. Purdue is only here because of how the refs allow him to get away with everything and call every single thing in his favor.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Edey crying for a foul was rich. Mother fucker throws his elbow into the defenders body every damn time.

He throws his shoulder or an elbow every damn time. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck this goofy ass cornball. Purdue is only here because of how the refs allow him to get away with everything and call every single thing in his favor.

That’s a bit much. He’s not new era big guy but he’s pretty fucking good. And I hate Purdue so don’t take that the wrong way.

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Can Purdue keep this pace?

Their guards can.  Edey?  No sure.  He's kicking the shit out of Klingon though;.

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

geez

image.thumb.png.ad766f36225d5d4ae4ad53de420e142c.png 

How's that not an intentional?

• Pancho unpinned this topic