Spring Game - 4/20/2024

msucolt45

I got too busy to post but we had an OTF viewer meet and greet with the team there on Wednesday from 3-5. Posse East was fun. Walked over to crown and anchor after and it’s shittier than I remembered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep, if this pattern holds and I forget that the spring game is usually just 2-2.5hrs instead of 3.5-4 like a regular season game; then everything should be fine.  But shit gonna get real just after final whistle/drive home/baseball game (which is probably For the best since we looked like shit versus TCU last night)

12 hours ago, NAVY said:

Not tomorrow, but PE kicks the everlasting shit out of Crown. 

12 hours ago, immamac said:

I got too busy to post but we had an OTF viewer meet and greet with the team there on Wednesday from 3-5. Posse East was fun. Walked over to crown and anchor after and it’s shittier than I remembered. 

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Some heavy shit moving through FW as I type this, huge crack of thunder woke me about 20 mins ago. Austin still looks good on the radar map though.

I'm on a flight from OKC to DFW and we were diverted to Austin.

28 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

They moved the game to tonight, so a lot of you posters can get more shit faced before kick off :). Remember we have tradition to think about :)

No update from Texas Football Twitter. An hour ago, they tweeted that the game is at 1pm CT

• Like 1

Just now, TheBryMan81 said:

Wish I could. Heading from DFW to San Diego where the wife is already waiting for me 😅

“Honey I’d love to be there but I’m gonna a have to do some key bumps, drink heavily, eat BBQ, and shit my pants. I’ll be on the first flight out in the morning. Love youuuuuuu”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 hours ago, NAVY said:

14 hours ago, immamac said:

Agree.  No one should go.  No one.

29 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

“Honey I’d love to be there but I’m gonna a have to do some key bumps, drink heavily, eat BBQ, and shit my pants. I’ll be on the first flight out in the morning. Love youuuuuuu”

I'll copy and paste!

Yep, if this pattern holds and I forget that the spring game is usually just 2-2.5hrs instead of 3.5-4 like a regular season game; then everything should be fine.  But shit gonna get real just after final whistle/drive home/baseball game (which is probably For the best since we looked like shit versus TCU last night)

They’ve looked like shit all season.

Just now, Mother mopar said:
18 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:
Last spring game on LHN. 

Yeah, but for those of us out of the country, that isn't an option. Neither is a fubo, Hulu, for free trials, because those are blocked in certain countries...blah blah..

This is why I can't wait for the era of LHN to be over. I live in California and travel abroad a lot, so I don't get LHN. The idea of having our own channel was not bad, but the lack of coverage out of state when we are a global brand sucked. 

16 hours ago, NAVY said:

This is the worst take in surly history. God have mercy on your soul. Crown’s burgers and draft selections are far superior to Posse East. Not even in the same ballpark dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Their burger is certainly better.  PE has a better overall menu though and easier seating.  Crown obviously has the better tap selections, but PE has cheaper prices on drinks.  It's a tossup to me on any given day, but the tilt might be to Crown simply because PE's restrooms still make me throw up a little bit.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

This is the worst take in surly history. God have mercy on your soul. Crown’s burgers and draft selections are far superior to Posse East. Not even in the same ballpark dude. 

Agreed Crown all the way. It’s an actual bar. Posse East while charming, is an icehouse. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1