Nick Saban extends contract through 2028

Machinator

Good move.  Once Fisher starts spanking Saban regularly and sends Bama back to mediocrity he'll enjoy that long, rich contract.  Only injustice of this (7.5 million base) is that Saban hasn't earned Fisher kinda money.  

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, looks like aggy is not gonna win a natty for at least 8 years!!  Wonder if Jimbo will even still be around?

If the over/under is 8, I'm taking the under.  7 years of disappointment is when they've financially dig themselves out of prior disappointments and the buyout gets small enough to swallow.

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

If the over/under is 8, I'm taking the under.  7 years of disappointment is when they've financially dig themselves out of prior disappointments and the buyout gets small enough to swallow.

Bruh, them big money aggys gots the buyout in the bank already. Just ask them.

I mean, the loan department is still in the bank, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't think Saban's ego will let him retire until he's got so many titles that not even Bear Bryant is mentioned in the same breath with him.  He'll die in his office in 2032 while on the phone with a bag man who's on his way to buy a 5-star cornerback to be a backup for the next two years.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think Saban's ego will let him retire until he's got so many titles that not even Bear Bryant is mentioned in the same breath with him.  He'll die in his office in 2032 while on the phone with a bag man who's on his way to buy a 5-star cornerback to be a backup for the next two years.

I don't know the man, but he seems to be wired like so many are, he would die in a couple years or less if he retired. Of course he could also fall over on the sideline while chewing some OC out for calling some stupid play while up by fifty points. So you have that possibility as well.

• Haha 1

• Machinator changed the title to Nick Saban extends contract through 2028
6 hours ago, bornbama1 said:

I don't know the man, but he seems to be wired like so many are, he would die in a couple years or less if he retired. Of course he could also fall over on the sideline while chewing some OC out for calling some stupid play while up by fifty points. So you have that possibility as well.

I kind of want this to happen now. Him dying from chewing out a db. It’d be the most Saban way to die ever. But he’s probably like palpatine where he’s been building clones of himself for years 

• Haha 1

How old was Joepa when State Penn finally shitcanned him? Saban will be close if he lasts to the end, which I bet he won't if he really wants the program to continue what he started. Bama will have someone waiting in the wings before little Nicky's 76th birthday, and it will be a not so well kept secret among potential recruits.

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

How old was Joepa when State Penn finally shitcanned him? Saban will be close if he lasts to the end, which I bet he won't if he really wants the program to continue what he started. Bama will have someone waiting in the wings before little Nicky's 76th birthday, and it will be a not so well kept secret among potential recruits.

JoePa was a month and a half shy of his 85th birthday when fired. Fired 11/9/2011 turned 85 on 12/21/2011 and died 1/22/2012

7 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Poor Aggy. But doubt he stays that long. Likely just to help them fend off negative recruiting from other schools saying he's going to retire soon

aggy signs Jimbo through 2038 for a guaranteed $20 million a year with no buyout.

Advantage aggy.

JoePa was a month and a half shy of his 85th birthday when fired. Fired 11/9/2011 turned 85 on 12/21/2011 and died 1/22/2012
Damn, no college coach will ever last that long in this day and age. Saban may even be the last septugenarian

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Fletch said:

I kind of want this to happen now. Him dying from chewing out a db. It’d be the most Saban way to die ever. But he’s probably like palpatine where he’s been building clones of himself for years 

Seriously, you have to think at some point Sabans age will become an issue in recruiting. Despite his good health it will happen at some point. Maybe he sees the drop off in recruiting and hangs it up before staying too long like Bowden did.