Manafort Trial

Grandioso

If I'm on the jury I want to get the hell out of dodge.  So tonight.

But I don't think staying until 6:15 really means much of anything.  Might just mean that they are in the middle of something and don't want to quit right at 5 or 5:30.

20 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

If I'm on the jury I want to get the hell out of dodge.  So tonight.

But I don't think staying until 6:15 really means much of anything.  Might just mean that they are in the middle of something and don't want to quit right at 5 or 5:30.

Applebees?

33 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I say tonight.  If I am a rural juror, I want to GTFO.

The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder
Turned the bird's word lurid
The whir and the purr of a twirler girl
She would the world were demurer
The insurer's allure
For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer
One fervid whirl over her turgid error
Rural juror
Rural juror
I will never forget you
Rural juror
I'll always be glad I met you
Rural juror

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Another fucking day.  I'm guessing there's a Trumptard or two that are not going to be swayed no matter the evidence...

I’m leaning that they have already agreed to convict on some charges but still working through the complicated bank fraud charges. 

This shit takes time.  

Manafort needs to only be found guilty on ONE charge to be fucked. 

Patience people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m leaning that they have already agreed to convict on some charges but still working through the complicated bank fraud charges. 

This shit takes time.  

Patience people.

The only  way you would know that is by talking to a juror or talking to someone who has talked to a juror, which, in either case, would call for an almost instant mistrial, if discovered.

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The only  way you would know that is by talking to a juror or talking to someone who has talked to a juror, which, in either case, would call for an almost instant mistrial, if discovered.

Well no shit.  We’re all just speculating here. Others are speculating a juror or two is hung across the board.  

I’m offering alternative speculation because I don’t think there’s a trumptard juror obstructing a conviction.

but none of us know

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well no shit.  We’re all just speculating here. Others are speculating a juror or two is hung across the board.  

I’m offering alternative speculation because I don’t think there’s a trumptard juror obstructing a conviction.

but none of us know

That's just how plugged in you are, bro.  People think you may really be privy to that type of info.  LMK if you are ever $9.95 short in life...

This shit takes time.  
Patience people.

My speculation is similar except I’d guess it’s the tax charges which are less certain. The bank fraud seems pretty straight forward with Manafort trying to modify PDFs. But who knows. (And for fucks sake people, this isn’t a news channel. Without speculation, it’d be nothing but fart jokes and middle age men ogling fat tits, NTTAWWT.)

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

but none of us know

Shit, I misread that as "hearing," rather than "leaning." Sorry.

• Haha 1

Predict the post verdict tweet game.  Closest wins 100 points. 

Not guilty across the board:  Rigged Witch Hunt fell apart like I knew! Mueller must shut down 27 Angry Democrats or waist how much more money! Or time to switch to Clinton Collusion?

Few convictions: Fake News told you he was a MASSIVE criminal. $12 mil to find out he miswrote on some forms?? RIGGED! 

PMITA prison: 17 Very Conflicted Democrats try to tie Manafort to your favorite President for acts a decade before I knew him? Very Unfair to Paul but vindicated NO COLLUSION!  Sad jury was not allowed to see info on OHR. 

No tweet: -1000

28 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Predict the post verdict tweet game.  Closest wins 100 points. 

Not guilty across the board:  Rigged Witch Hunt fell apart like I knew! Mueller must shut down 27 Angry Democrats or waist how much more money! Or time to switch to Clinton Collusion?

Few convictions: Fake News told you he was a MASSIVE criminal. $12 mil to find out he miswrote on some forms?? RIGGED! 

PMITA prison: 17 Very Conflicted Democrats try to tie Manafort to your favorite President for acts a decade before I knew him? Very Unfair to Paul but vindicated NO COLLUSION!  Sad jury was not allowed to see info on OHR. 

No tweet: -1000

You are underestimating the number of angry democrats.  If they convinct, Trump will announce the jurors are all angry democrats.  

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Another fucking day.  I'm guessing there's a Trumptard or two that are not going to be swayed no matter the evidence...

Definitely possible but if a juror or two was refusing to go along with the evidence and/or the others, I would think they would be talking to the judge by now.   

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Definitely possible but if a juror or two was refusing to go along with the evidence and/or the others, I would think they would be talking to the judge by now.   

I don’t think it is a total holdout either.  I think asking for more time today was a sign of some convictions.  They were working toward something and thought they could get done with extra time, and that extra time wasn’t enough. “Fuck it, he’s walking and that’s final” takes no time.  

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Not sure how I understand that note?

Can't come to consensus on a single count -- does that mean there's ONE count they can't come to consensus on, or they can't come to consensus on ANY counts?  As in "we don't agree on a single thing."  

My inclination is to think it's the former, because otherwise, they're just plain deadlocked all the way around, and that's what they'd have said.  This seems to indicate that they're deadlocked on ONE count.  Interesting.

EDIT -- and I see that all of our replies share the same confusion.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Yikes.  Does that mean “there is a single count we haven’t agreed on”?  Or “there are no counts we’ve agreed on”?  It seems like the latter.  This is a nightmare scenario for me.  

I think it means they agree on all the counts (either guilty or not), except for one.

edit: or what all those other legal assholes said.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

17 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I would hope that any decent attorney would be able to spot a Trumptard during the voir dire process and strike him/her. They are generally pretty easy to ID. Shit, they probably proudly wore their MAGGOT hats to the courthouse. If not, the mouth breathing and having read while moving their lips is a dead give away.

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

That would explain the extension yesterday. They are just stuck on one and you have to assume the others are guilty. /notalawyerbutstayedataholidayinnlastnight

Good point.  They thought they were almost done yesterday.    Makes sense they’d ask for extra time if there were only a few they needed to finish   

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

I would hope that any decent attorney would be able to spot a Trumptard during the voir dire process and strike him/her. They are generally pretty easy to ID. Shit, they probably proudly wore their MAGGOT hats to the courthouse. If not, the mouth breathing and having read while moving their lips is a dead give away.

Over 60 white dude with a gray goatee and white leather Nikes= 75% chance of Trumptard.

5x multiplier if he's wearing a Harley or Patriotic T shirt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lawyers: In a case with multiple charges like this, is there some requirement for allowing a partial verdict vs. all/none? 

I have no experience from the criminal side of it, but based on Judge Ellis' comment to the jury the answer appears to be yes as to a partial verdict.