Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Many times I have wandered into a strip club unknowingly, sat and had dinner, only to realize there were naked ladies roaming about. They seemed desperate for money, any kind of help. I was glad to help, I didnt like writing those visits off for tax purposes, as I felt I did what any other person would do, but my ex wife insisted I write them off as "business expenses ", and thus I did. I still.frequent,.looking for another lost soul to help, they get help and I feel better about.myself. I'm really proud of Tom, keep helping them Tom, every life is important.

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

OK. I spent a half hour on the phone with my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister. (No pics.) She has followed the Urban Meyer saga closely. And she knows Title IX, as she is subject to it as well.

Shocking to me, she says Urban Meyer should not have been fired and she's happy with the outcome. No objective person sets the #metoo bar as high as my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister, if she's satisfied, maybe I can be as well.

A point she makes (and I won't argue it) is Title IX is built to protect victims, not punish offenders, and the UM/ZS saga is in a HUGE gray area. If CS were a university employee as well, this woulda gone much differently. You can bet that gray are will get fixed soon.

I am a guest on this board and I won't poop on it with any kind of an opinion of my own. Rather I will continue to do what I have tried to do; convey objective facts as best I can, and then keep my mouth shut.

Carry on. God Bless Surly Horns.

BlondFrequentLabradorretriever-max-1mb.g

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Herman was just there to make sure Smith didn't beat the shit out of any of the dancers. 

The sad thing is that this could be true. ZS could have been on a trip and UM told Herman “don’t let him out of your sight”. 

• Like 1

I remember when the Ohio St mouthpiece tried to paint Michelle Herman offering Smith's wife money as a negative.  Damn if Urbs own wife didn't do the same thing.  It's a shame she never talked to her husband about her concerns for Courtney's safety.

Edited by kevwun

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Ohio State confirmed Texas head coach Tom Herman was the then-assistant coach who went to a strip club with fellow assistant coach Zach Smith and some high school coaches during a recruiting trip in 2014, ESPN reports.

Herman was the Buckeyes' offensive coordinator from 2012-2014. If he and Smith paid for any entertainment for those high school coaches during the 2014 trip, it could be an NCAA violation. That information has been forwarded to the NCAA.

Ohio State fired Zach Smith on July 23 after a number of domestic abuse allegations came to light. Ohio State then suspended head coach Urban Meyer for the first three games of this season for how he handled the allegations against Smith.

Ohio State uncovered details of the strip club trip while it investigated the allegations against Smith and who knew about them. It said Smith spent $600 at the strip club and that he did not file an expense report for that money. Ohio State added that it did not find Herman had any expenses at the club.

Just now, Deej said:

"Herman may have violated NCAA rules. Yada, yada, yada...Oh, but wait, he had no expenses."

We are the only school in the country that doesn't have the local media in its corner. It amazes me. 

In the Pre twitter Mack days were they this bad? 

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ohio State confirmed Tom Herman went to a strip club with Zach Smith...If he and Smith paid for any entertainment for those high school coaches, it could be an NCAA violation...Ohio State added that it did not find Herman had any expenses at the club.

Way to bury the fucking lead there, guys.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

11 hours ago, 3shot said:

So your liberal sister thinks it is perfectly fine for an institution of higher learning to keep a wife beater and drug addict on staff to coach young men for multiple years after they knew he was a total piece of shit, all because his wife beating and other generally shitty behavior wasn't a technical violation and of Title IX (and more importantly, because his grandfather used to be the coach at OSU)?  Does she also know that Meyer could have fired Smith for no reason at all, as he has dozens of coaches over his career?  It fucking kills me that people act like there was some reason Meyer COULDN'T fire Smith whenever the fuck he wanted to.  Like, oh, Urban found out that Smith beat his wife...AGAIN...so he couldn't fire him because it wasn't a Title IX violation and he told the AD, s his hands were tied.  Are you fucking kidding me???

I mean, Jesus Fuck Christ dude!  This is the worst argument I have heard yet or not firing Meyer.  And fuck you for even spitting that shit out here.   Holy shit, you people are repugnant in the worst way possible.  It's so fucking disgusting that I don't even have the curse words to fully express how fucking disgusted I am at anyone that would stick up for Ohio State or Urban Meyer.  

This is what you called “getting owned”.  Well done. 

42 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Ohio State confirmed Texas head coach Tom Herman was the then-assistant coach who went to a strip club with fellow assistant coach Zach Smith and some high school coaches during a recruiting trip in 2014, ESPN reports.

Herman was the Buckeyes' offensive coordinator from 2012-2014. If he and Smith paid for any entertainment for those high school coaches during the 2014 trip, it could be an NCAA violation. That information has been forwarded to the NCAA.

Ohio State fired Zach Smith on July 23 after a number of domestic abuse allegations came to light. Ohio State then suspended head coach Urban Meyer for the first three games of this season for how he handled the allegations against Smith.

Ohio State uncovered details of the strip club trip while it investigated the allegations against Smith and who knew about them. It said Smith spent $600 at the strip club and that he did not file an expense report for that money. Ohio State added that it did not find Herman had any expenses at the club.

What a horrible job of media there. The Austin station should have just linked the ESPN story because they added nothing, I reckon, but the line you bolded, which should have been added to the second paragraph. 

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

The sad thing is that this could be true. ZS could have been on a trip and UM told Herman “don’t let him out of your sight”. 

This is my thinking.  OSU should be careful about how hard they try to pull Tom or his wife into this.  If CDC allows Tom to take the gloves off,  it could get really interesting as he likely has a ton of dirt he could throw around on this topic.   

I would honestly have more respect for Ohio St had they come to the podium last week and said "Listen, we think this sucks for Courtney and we fired the guy beating her and we are suspending Urban for 3 games only and moving on as we love winning and shit tons of money he brings in so after our investigation we feel the person that did this was fired and even though urban knew we are ok with him saying sorry and again let me stress, we love making shit tons of money and winning lots of games".

Instead we got excuses and finger pointing at guys like Herman who should get a  high five for seeing tits. 

1 hour ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Yeah, but Herman went to a strip club with ZS so none of that matters. 

Well, you see the destruction of an entire athletic program hangs in the balance of whether or not folks were tipping $1's or $5's, chicks getting beat while pregnant, meh...
(in the minds of the "sports journalist" anyway)...

12 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

This is my thinking.  OSU should be careful about how hard they try to pull Tom or his wife into this.  If CDC allows Tom to take the gloves off,  it could get really interesting as he likely has a ton of dirt he could throw around on this topic.   

Probably not likely that CDC or Herman will comment at all about Ohio State mess

8 minutes ago, woohorn said:
1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:
Still waiting for Zach to go scorched earth on Urban and co. 

Has his crazy ass hearing to appeal his firing happened yet?

I haven't read anything on it as of yet, but I would guess that it will be decided one way or another before Urban returns...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

How does them being at a strip club tirninto what Zach Smith did to his wife and urban Meyer failed to do anything about?

It doesn't. It just seems scandalous in a country that, collectively, can't help but scream and giggle when peepee parts are involved even in the most remote context. This is akin to Eloise going into great detail on what her nightly routine is and she just suddenly blurts out "Nanny has a mole." It'd read like this:

"Zach Smith beat his wife many times for many years.
And then Urban Meyer learned about it.
And then he kept Zach on staff despite learning about it, for Lord's sake.
And then Urban Meyer lied about learning about it.
And then he lied about lying about it. 

Tom Herman went to see boobies with Zach Smith once."

• Like 2

giphy.gif

I, for one, would like to hear his explanations for:

1. Constantly beating the crap out of his wife (allegedly)

2. The need to take dick pics in the White House

3. Why he can't keep his junk up and needs triple cock ring-thingys

4. How he determined which tOSU staff members to bang

5. Just being a horrible human being.

• Like 3