Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

32 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Lest we forget ....

Lets have a look at tOSU's recent coaching history:

-Urban Meyer - (soon to be) Fired for covering up spousal abuse and God only knows what else.

-Jim Tressel - Fired for lying to the NCAA and the university.

-John Cooper - Fired for not beating Michigan and winning a natty.

-Earl Bruce - Fired for not beating Michigan and winning a natty.

-Woody Hayes - Fired for assaulting an opposing player during a game.

And Texas is a cesspool? FKH.

Edited by Dutch

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Since he's paid to comment on college football and this is a major college football scandal, I'll take his silence as an indication that unequivocally supports Urban Meyer and that he thinks Mrs Smith is a lippy bitch that got what she deserved and that she owes Meyer an apology.

a19912e9-6b3f-4a85-8725-9139c65f9e58_tex

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Too much might be made about this.  If I hired a friend's kid, and the kid was screwing up, I would give him a choice to leave on his own or be fired.  If I fired him, I would probably give my friend a call to explain the situation.    

Of course, I would have had that talk with my friend when I hired his kid.  He screws up, I'm firing him as I would anyone.

Zach Smith was a wife beater for a minimum of 9 years, 6 of them on the Ohio State staff. Nobody ever heard anything about it until this summer. He worked under Urban Meyer who was an assistant under Bruce for two years in Columbus.

Earle Bruce died on April 20th of this year.

It's not guaranteed, but it certainly seems like Smith was being protected in Columbus with Bruce's help and when Bruce died suddenly Smith was held to account for his actions.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, horngasm said:

There is no way any of this will affect Tom Herman.

However, he will still be fired this year for a losing record.

Nope, but it’ll effect your mom when we all lose our loads in her mouth like it’s a broken record.

Btw, your mom is a trash whore & one of us is your daddy.. which makes you a bastard cuz we hate your ass.

And go fuck yourself cuntboi.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Zach Smith was a wife beater for a minimum of 9 years, 6 of them on the Ohio State staff. Nobody ever heard anything about it until this summer. He worked under Urban Meyer who was an assistant under Bruce for two years in Columbus.

Earle Bruce died on April 20th of this year.

It's not guaranteed, but it certainly seems like Smith was being protected in Columbus with Bruce's help and when Bruce died suddenly Smith was held to account for his actions.

I'd say that's likely the case.  I posted earlier why Urban even cares about a WR coach, and found out it was Bruce's grandson.  Without some sort of strong connection I have to think any high profile coach would simply fire the guy and take advantage of some zero tolerance strong moral buzz that firing a bad guy would generate.  WR coaches are replaceable.

20 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Nope, but it’ll effect your mom when we all lose our loads in her mouth like it’s a broken record.

Btw, your mom is a trash whore & one of us is your daddy.. which makes you a bastard cuz we hate your ass.

And go fuck yourself cuntboi.

User name checks out

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The thing that amazes me more than anything in these University related incidents is how the local Police are never blamed for willfully ignoring blatant abuse and criminal activity. Sweep it under the rug, and forget about it seems to be their MO. How that 2015 incident and pictures doesn't result in significant jail time is beyond me. It's like a woman has to be murdered before they are willing to do anything about domestic abuse. It's just disgusting, and to think they had young children growing up in that house and witnessing all of it. 

I'm not sure what legal obligation college coaches would have in these situations, but every one of those coaches and their wives have a moral and ethical obligation to help that abused wife and her kids get out of that situation. Text messages of "sympathy and support" are not enough. It goes way beyond whatever contract clauses people are arguing about, if you care about someone at all, you get them away from that situation. Those kids are going to be scarred for life having to see their mother beaten and abused, and it's going to stay with them the rest of their lives. Just a shame for them to go through that, when they really shouldn't have been in that situation for anywhere near that long. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the accusations made by Courtney Smith are just that at this point - accusations. 

She has pictures she took of herself with a red welt on her arm but there have been no arrests or any other documented cases of abuse, only the word of his now ex-wife. There were 'domestic indicents', but the only time Zach Smith was cited for wrongdoing was when he drove into Courney's driveway to do a custody exchange and she reported him.

He may be guilty, he may not. Ohio State fired him, but Urban's troubles are because he supposedly knew something may have been happening and didn't reporting it.

I feel like the mob is growing in strength and overlooking the facts here. 

Link to a chronology of the domestic incidents: https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html

• Fuck You 7

8 minutes ago, midtown said:

You didn't read the thread or the part where Urb is required by his contract to report any alleged abuse or assault by players, personal or coaches. 

No, I get that. He's in hot water no doubt and the university is 100% within its rights to let him go.

But Zach Smith is not a confirmed abuser. His ex-wife is making that allegation but she has provided very little evidence of it.
I mean, there has to be a higher bar than 'his ex-wife said so' before someone is labeled an abuser.

When I got divorced my ex accused me of everything in the book. Luckily I was smart enough to avoid situations where I could be accused of assault or abuse, but the rest of this is very familiar.

That's my own bias, of course, but my point is that right now Zach Smith's guilt has not been determined.

• Fuck You 5

8 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

No, I get that. He's in hot water no doubt and the university is 100% within its rights to let him go.

But Zach Smith is not a confirmed abuser. His ex-wife is making that allegation but she has provided very little evidence of it.
I mean, there has to be a higher bar than 'his ex-wife said so' before someone is labeled an abuser.

When I got divorced my ex accused me of everything in the book. Luckily I was smart enough to avoid situations where I could be accused of assault or abuse, but the rest of this is very familiar.

That's my own bias, of course, but my point is that right now Zach Smith's guilt has not been determined.

You miss the part where he threw his pregnant wife across the room into a wall & was arrested?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Did she accuse you for nine years? 

11 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Maybe sit the next few rounds out Disco

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

We're already doing this?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

He was arrested in 2015, but carry with your uniformed piece of shit opinion.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He was also arrested in 2009 for the Florida incident, the one that Urban Meyer admits to knowing about. And yet he protected this shit-stain until a week ago.

Herman far more likely than not has nothing to worry about. That having been said, I feel better knowing that CDC is less prone to looking the other way than some ADs are. I will be very surprised if Herman gets rolled up in this, but if any of our coaches in any sport turn a blind eye to domestic abuse, they need to be held accountable. 

• Like 1

there is no way he survives this. nor should he, nor should any coach on that staff that knew and did nothing. what a shitshow.

and i will never understand fans who rationalize shit. if it was happening at bellmont, i would be there with the torches ready to burn everything down. it's up to ohio state alumni to police their own program out of respect for the university itself. holy shit, where's the tylenol?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That police report has been updated. Apparently he was not arrested as initial reports indicated.

He was arrested in 2009 based on statements made by Courtney, but the charges were dropped.
Prosecutors rarely drop DV charges even when victims request because they take them seriously.

Reference: https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1578125

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

That police report has been updated. Apparently he was not arrested as initial reports indicated.

He was arrested in 2009 based on statements made by Courtney, but the charges were dropped.
Prosecutors rarely drop DV charges even when victims request because they take them seriously.

Reference: https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1578125

especially not local prosecutors in a university town. nope. never.

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Missile said:

You're welcome to believe whatever you'd like. I'm just pointing out that this is essentially one person's word against another's, and one person stands to gain from it.

Just gonna keep on going in that direction huh? 

I guess Courtney Smith is also a skilled copywriter and graphic designer, creating fake text messages where Zach Smith was threatening to kill her. Could it happen like that and Zach Smith is just a misunderstood quality human with a mega-cunt ex-wife? Yes. Could it also be possible that Zach Smith is a garbage human being hiding behind his grandaddy's legacy and deserves all the shit that is coming to him? Yes. I am leaning with the latter.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

especially not local prosecutors in a university town. nope. never.

That’s because you have put football in the proper perspective and have an actual life....oh, and you’re not a piece of shit.

Damn, thought i was replying to another your posts...the one about not understanding how fans defend/rationalize this crap.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games