Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Urban’s statement was all about Urban. Tossing in an unctuous sentence about being the son of a woman and the husband of a woman and the father of two women — thus being a champion of women — was quite the capper.

Then at 5:07 p.m., Zach Smith did a radio interview with a Columbus station, and at 6 p.m. a TV interview with ESPN. Smith did a pretty terrible job painting himself as a believably innocent figure, but he did accomplish one thing: He stuck up for Meyer. Smith said Meyer told him he would be fired if he hit Courtney, and that he knows his former boss’ hardline stance against violence toward women.

It all came out of nowhere. And it’s remarkably brazen.

While on administrative leave, Urban Meyer spoke up. In the process, he shifted responsibility to athletic director Gene Smith and the Ohio State administration — implying that he did his job in this matter, and if there is fault to be found for the handling of Zach Smith it rests somewhere above Meyer. He’s just your average $7 million-a-year mid-level employee.

It wasn’t until Brett McMurphy dropping this week’s bombshell, revealing that Courtney Smith had informed Meyer’s wife, Shelley, of Zach’s alleged abuse, that Urban suddenly became truthful. Without that reporting, does anybody believe Meyer’s public stance would have shifted?

- Forde

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that the investigative reporters are just waiting till Monday to drop more stuff to contridict Meyer, to get full value from the media cycle? 

It really does nothing to drop hit peices over the weekend and with Meyer releasing his statement so late on Friday, there was no value into poking holes into until Monday.

Tuesday. Everything happens on Tuesday. Unless it doesn’t 

5 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I don't know if they'll git rid of him or not, but I agree that they are going to fucking pull out every stop known to humankind to keep his ass.  Being caught in closet with only one little boy won't be enough - he's gonna have to tally three at least. 

You can tell that they are digging in for an all-out fortified defense.  They will have a minimum standard of 4 mass murder victims to pry him loose.

Can't say I'd be happy about it, but part of me relishes the season-long absolute skullfucking of that entire institution and its circle the wagons weak, lame, bullshit, pathetic response to try and pull the wedgie out of their asscrack and foist some bullshit fake dignity (that Law-yer-o-gram put out the other day is a hilarious if not fucked up head start.

But he survives (a la suspension or some shit), while Ohio State "takes the lead" and starts some bullshit high-profile battered womens' fund or something to cover their evil.  Any network that broadcasts that PSB bullshit deserves to get mass electrocuted.

And how effective will they be at countering each ace up the sleeve that McMuprhy still has that he has yet to reveal?

23 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I mighta said this before; the committee is a bit too heavy with people associated with the University.  Replace one of them with Barry Alvarez or similar.  And the 90 year old woman.  Come on.  She'll be dead before the report.  (And wouldn't THAT be a bad look.)

They should use someone that really hates OSU to add some legitimacy.  Maybe dig up the corpse of Bo or something...

28 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And the 90 year old woman.  Come on.  She'll be dead before the report.  (And wouldn't THAT be a bad look.)

Not only that, she's from the age where women stayed home, knew their place, and got a fresh one for the 

meatloaf being cold. She will have no problem at all with Urb. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I mighta said this before; the committee is a bit too heavy with people associated with the University.  Replace one of them with Barry Alvarez or similar.  And the 90 year old woman.  Come on.  She'll be dead before the report.  (And wouldn't THAT be a bad look.)

Fischer isn’t a tOSU guy & is connected to Wexner.  I still think the Wexner factor keeps this thing as clean as it can get.  With the money, pr & existing sexual assault scandal in play, I’m going against the grain & saying we get a real investigation here.

42 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Not only that, she's from the age where women stayed home, knew their place, and got a fresh one for the 

meatloaf being cold. She will have no problem at all with Urb. 

I laughed way too hard at this.  

Edited by Underdog

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Fischer isn’t a tOSU guy & is connected to Wexner.  I still think the Wexner factor keeps this thing as clean as it can get.  With the money, pr & existing sexual assault scandal in play, I’m going against the grain & saying we get a real investigation here.

bml.gif

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I refuse to believe he reported it given he was suspended unless there is paper trail from the time of the report.

I'm interested in seeing whether or not Florida responds at all to the premise that he did everything right with Smith in 2009. They look bad right now, and they've got reason to cover anything for Meyer. If they come out with their own view that he was basically covering up for his boy during the UF period for Meyer, the shithole gets deeper to climb out of for Team Urban.

20 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

Anybody who honestly thinks that there's even the tiniest little infinitesimal chance that Urbie gets fired needs to learn two interrelated life lessons: "Follow the money" and "Money talks, an' bullshit walks." And how anybody gets past middle school without knowing these rules, well, fuckin' I give up.

Fuckabuncha principle, the only way they fire him is if keeping him demonstrably costs more money. "Money" being the operative word; follow it. Urbie fired? It ain't no way, guys.

The Wexners. Billionaires and tOSU's biggest donors do a lot of funding work, including servicing on the board,  for the domestic violence shelter. They can close the wallet. 

58 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

What is it with you and the youtube videos?

Let's see... I don't own a production company to specifically manufacture content to fit particular post on any sports thread to complement any news/ info, or entertaining skits... Yeah, that might be an integral portion of the reasoning that YouTube is used...

I hope this helps your inquisitive thought pertaining to my actions on this board... 😁

Edited by kopp0e

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'm interested in seeing whether or not Florida responds at all to the premise that he did everything right with Smith in 2009. They look bad right now, and they've got reason to cover anything for Meyer. If they come out with their own view that he was basically covering up for his boy during the UF period for Meyer, the shithole gets deeper to climb out of for Team Urban.

Florida could easily blow a hole in Urban's defense. We already know he lied about this situation once already. If Florida comes out and says no paper work exists for the 2009 issue, then Urban is proven be a liar twice, and it would be hard to believe he followed protocols at Ohio State.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Florida could easily blow a hole in Urban's defense. We already know he lied about this situation once already. If Florida comes out and says no paper work exists for the 2009 issue, then Urban is proven be a liar twice, and it would be hard to believe he followed protocols at Ohio State.

Somebody get Coach Boom on the line, stat. Didn't he do some stable-cleaning when he Gator'ed?

Rally. Unite. Save Urban.

Ohio State fans are rallying to show their support for Urban Meyer both online and on the ground in Columbus as the head coach remains on administrative leave pending the results of an ongoing investigation.

More than 23,000 people have signed a digital petition as of Monday morning to keep Meyer from being "wrongfully fired" in the wake of the coach admitting he failed to disclose what he knew and when he knew about allegations that a former assistant physically abused his ex-wife. Fans of Meyer are also planning a demonstration of support outside the campus football stadium.

"This will be a brief rally. Nothing but positive words for our coach," Jeff Hamms, the event's organizer, said in a Facebook post Sunday night. "That's all this is about. This has nothing to do with any of the domestic violence situation with [our ex-] coach. This is simply to lift up Urban Meyer. That's it."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24301333/ohio-state-fans-rallying-urban-meyer

This statement makes no sense, as in Zak supposedly told Urb of the altercation (as in he hit or abused his wife) and Urb's response is "If I find out you did it"..? (He just told you)

Smith, who denied abusing his ex-wife, said he would be "heartbroken" if Meyer lost his job.

Former Ohio State coach Zach Smith said when he told Urban Meyer about the 2015 allegations, Meyer said, "I swear to God, Zach, if I find out you hit her, you're done. You're fired.' I said, 'OK. I understand.'"

10 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

This statement makes no sense, as in Zak supposedly told Urb of the altercation (as in he hit or abused his wife) and Urb's response is "If I find out you did it"..? (He just told you)

He said he told him about the allegations, not that he actually did it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Bet your ass that Brett McMurphy has already submitted a FOIA asking about this.

Worst case scenario is the UF responds that they can't release info because of sensitive nature, etc.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I really believe this is going to end with a suspension of some sort for Meyer. It might be two games, it might be four games or it might be the entire season but I just can't believe they'd actually go through with firing him.

Let's remember this...

In March 2011, Gee was asked whether he’d fire football coach Jim Tressel, who has since been ousted for hiding the fact that players traded memorabilia for money and tattoos. Gee replied: “I’m just hopeful the coach doesn’t dismiss me.”

The president has changed and the football coach has changed.  The president's office at tOSU hasn't gotten stronger, but the football coach has.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Lackeys, varlets, and useful stooges.

16 hours ago, Orangechipper said:

Former Chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Mary Jo White will lead the investigative team. White is a senior chair with the national law firm Debevoise & Plimpton and is a former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Mary%20Jo%20White%20Blog.png

latest?cb=20090515161100

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Get ready for a shit show involving Herman. ESPN is preparing a story.

I’m waiting for the probes involving the staffs Urbs reached out to when he was shopping new homes for Zach Smith the last two summers.

How did Urbs present the situation and how much did he reveal?

Did Urbs try to unload that POS on Herman?  Smith had stints with Urbs old ties while he was on break between FL & tOSU..  you know he ran he ran him past Herman & lord knows Herman had reason to at least listen.

Wether it’s the PD or an ex coach.. somebody is outing Urban as the ring leader on a cover up involving his mentors loose cannon grandson.  

I’m still bullish on that investigative team, a Wexner connection with big ties to Columbus but few to tOSU & another with a hard hitting legal investigation resume that also gives no fucks about football.  This shit is gonna gloatcto top & it’s gonna be Urban.

Listening to Pawwl for the first time in years. The show sounds like it has regressed, if possible. Darryl from Georgia just spent an entire segment vomiting in my ear. I also like how doofuses who lurched around a field one fall in 1968 preface their insights with "As a former player" right before they launch into the story about how they and Bill are doing work for the county and there they are on Eight Mile and there's a spherical object in the road...

Anyway, at this point I think football fandom deserves Meyers, Paterno, whoever.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I really believe this is going to end with a suspension of some sort for Meyer. It might be two games, it might be four games or it might be the entire season but I just can't believe they'd actually go through with firing him.

Yeah, I am watching College Football Live with Pollack and Mack Brown. They all agree that Meyer will keep his job. Maybe get suspended for a few games. Pollack insinuated that he should lose his job but believes he keeps it.

Mack is obviously friends with Urban. He talked about he made a mistake at the press conference and apologized. Also talked about how Urban is a great dad and husband.

So there's that.

don't strain yourselves trying to figure this one out, it's not hard, Ohio State opens with Oregon State and then plays Rutgers. then the next week they play TCU at JerryWorld. It will be a two-game suspension. He's not getting fired and he is not getting a suspension that extends into the meat of the schedule. 

pearls will be clutched though I can tell you that much

• Like 1

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games