John Bonney is grad transferring

Machinator

18 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

They just said on the radio that tech’s projected starting corner blew out an ACL.

Bonney should play a bunch for them regardless. Good luck to him, and nice move by Herman to not block him. He was a Big Spring kid, so going back home essentially.

• Like 2

I'm really sorry to see him go - he was nice piece for our secondary because he could play some many positions. That said, I'm not that surprised. I'd guess he was probably passed up by some of the young bad asses from last year's class, so I doubt he would have gotten the amount of playing time he wanted. Wish him nothing but the very best at his next school.

2 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Octavious Morgan is the Tech DB.  Really good player.  Injury just happened Saturday.

Bonney from Big Spring?  247 and Rivals profiles show him from Houston Lamar.

Bonney is decent depth at the safety/nickel but he simply doesn't have the foot speed to play corner. 

I wish Bonney nothing but the best and I hope the plan from Jennings isn't to play him at corner like he did in '16. 

Honestly, the first time I recognized Orlando knew what he was doing is when he moved Bonney from corner to boundary safety. 

Still can't fucking believe we dominated the whole fucking game then lost to Tech last year. Just like every year, Bonney was going to play a lot for us no matter what the 2 deep says right now. I could understand if he transferred to a decent school but come the fuck on. Fuck this thread, fuck him, and fuck Tech. 

• Fuck You 7

28 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Bonney is decent depth at the safety/nickel but he simply doesn't have the foot speed to play corner. 

I wish Bonney nothing but the best and I hope the plan from Jennings isn't to play him at corner like he did in '16. 

Honestly, the first time I recognized Orlando knew what he was doing is when he moved Bonney from corner to boundary safety. 

I strongly suspect safety will be Bonney's home at Tech.  They've got two starters returning at safety,  but that's where Morgan was spending a lot of time during both last Spring and this Fall.

Turns out Bonney knew Kliff from Kliff's coaching days at UH. Bonney's dad would bring him to UH to workout.

30 minutes ago, B00M said:

Still can't fucking believe we dominated the whole fucking game then lost to Tech last year. Just like every year, Bonney was going to play a lot for us no matter what the 2 deep says right now. I could understand if he transferred to a decent school but come the fuck on. Fuck this thread, fuck him, and fuck Tech. 

I'm not sure the domination was quite as complete as you might have us believe.  TT actually had a few more total yards offense than UT.

11 hours ago, B00M said:

Meh that’s a bit strong. He gave us 4 years. Had some moments had some boneheaded plays. But he gave us 4. Saw the youth getting ahead of him and wanted a shot to showcase and maybe a league opportunity. I can’t hate on him for that. Thank you for your time here good luck 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Meh that’s a bit strong. He gave us 4 years. Had some moments had some boneheaded plays. But he gave us 4. Saw the youth getting ahead of him and wanted a shot to showcase and maybe a league opportunity. I can’t hate on him for that. Thank you for your time here good luck 

I was happy for Bonney transferring to get a starting role somewhere until i learned he transferred to a team that beat us last year and is on our schedule this year... now i hope he costs them the game against us. 

Pigmeat:  Total yards? It's Tech. Our offense was dog shit. We held them to 1.8 yards per carry. 20 of 45 passing. Can't ask for much more from a defense. The win probability chart tells the story a lot better than final total yards: 85%, 65%, 85%, 88%, 80%, 50%, 0%

Forgot to say in my previous post, fuck Tim Beck. Ehlinger threw the ball 47 fucking times. 

Edited by B00M
  • Fuck You 1

John H Bonney...you are not...a god....
26714419910_6f8037fb58.jpg
Why don't you give me my free grad transfer and find out. 

You remember John Tunstall? You remember the stories he used to tell us of the three chinamen playing fantan? Someone runs up to them and says hey, the world’s coming to an end. First one says I best get to the mission and pray. The second one says hell, im gonna get a bottle of mescal and 6 whores. The last one says, I shall finish the game. Well I shall finish the game doc.

5 hours ago, B00M said:

I was happy for Bonney transferring to get a starting role somewhere until i learned he transferred to a team that beat us last year and is on our schedule this year... now i hope he costs them the game against us. 

Pigmeat:  Total yards? It's Tech. Our offense was dog shit. We held them to 1.8 yards per carry. 20 of 45 passing. Can't ask for much more from a defense. The win probability chart tells the story a lot better than final total yards: 85%, 65%, 85%, 88%, 80%, 50%, 0%

Forgot to say in my previous post, fuck Tim Beck. Ehlinger threw the ball 47 fucking times. 

“Win probability chart”????

fuck off to ESPN with your 13 year old analysis.

Question:  Say Shane plays in 4 games or less this year and graduates in December with 2years eligibility left due to Red Shirt Rules.

Will HERMANATOR allow transfer to BlowU or TECH for Shane with 2yrs eligibility remaining??

Edited by LTtxfan

No hate for Bonney.  

Most were really glad when he committed and I think he started the pipeline to Lamar.

BTW some may not know his dad was a bad ass player for the Houston Wheatley basketball teams of the "60s and played for the Houston cougars.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 10:52 PM, B00M said:

He gave us four years, finished his degree, and didn’t bitch and moan like some other players. Christ, there is a time and place to harp on players (I’m guilty of it unfortunately), but you can’t shit on a guy for getting one more shot at improving his professional prospects. 

If he was playing for say, OU or TCU, then I’d be fucking livid. The reality is we can easily beat Tech next year barring some crazy shit happening. 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:52 PM, B00M said:

Tech had more yards on fewer plays and two fewer turnovers while using a back up QB three quarters of the game

12 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Tech had more yards on fewer plays and two fewer turnovers while using a back up QB three quarters of the game

Sure.. and the backup QB that struggled against us last year is still there, presumably improved. S&P+ gives us a 57% chance to win this game in Lubbock, but i'm supposed to chalk it up as an easy win (@Blanton) and be happy Bonney is going there to improve their already shockingly solid defense. Fuuuuck that

Winning requires tough decisions. You have to do everything possible to gain an edge. Herman has now set a precedent, in addition to giving a competitor ammunition.

I would err towards treating players well. I don’t like the whole navy seal training b.s. but I would draw the line when it can cost you a game.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, texasstrong12 said:

How do these people keep finding jobs?

On 8/19/2018 at 7:56 AM, Dbeasy said:

Winning requires tough decisions. You have to do everything possible to gain an edge. Herman has now set a precedent, in addition to giving a competitor ammunition.

I would err towards treating players well. I don’t like the whole navy seal training b.s. but I would draw the line when it can cost you a game.

The precedent is that you better be a perfect soldier your entire four years at UT, be good but not great (and if you were starting after four years, you'd probably stick around), and come from a high school program with a pricelessly lucrative recruiting pipeline. Good luck finding that again.

• 2 months later...