Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

56 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The sea was angry that day, my friends. 

It's all there in my book, "Not really all that astonishing tales of the Sea, basically just 18-25 year olds doing dumb shit on the water."  

Huge group of us around 21yo go out to camp at Pace Bend Park outside Austin.  Get beyond fucked up on everything we could drink or smoke.  Start jumping from that tall ridge on the NW end into a very low lake in the middle of the night with no idea what's down there.  Sure enough I just scraped a rock that left a small scar, but thankfully didn't impale my spinal cord.  Swam in Lake Michigan on acid at midnight at 17yo.  another dozen dumb stories like that.  Half of us swam in high school and even college.  But apparently the darkness and being imbibed aren't part of competitive aquatics.  

Years later, about 25...one of these guys has a bachelor party where we're gonna "Smoke beers, drink drugs, and shoot guns."  I thought it was a horrible fucking idea given we were still clearly of the age where risk assessment was beyond us.  Sure enough, one guy took a grazed round off his leg.  A couple inches from a critical artery that probably would have impacted the wedding since a one-legged man can't usher

I loved the adventures and shenanigans of my youth.  But if you showed me a bill that said all males must sit in a locked room eating saltines until they are 25, I would sign that bill.   

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 4

And that man...he no longer has Covid either.  

I can't remember the movie, but it was a pretty good little sci-fi indie flick about 10-15 years ago.  And the valet from "The Royal Tennenbaums" pours bleach into his ears to go deaf.  Long story.  But this reminded me of it.  So did Covid instructions.  We are living in a simulation.  One day you're on top of the world, the next you're being stabbed with a pocket knife.  

17 hours ago, 52-80 said:

mark zuckerberg will kick your ass if he needs to

AA1aQRvA.jpeg

mark-zuckerberg-mma-training-comp.jpg

chrome_oHGB1g4UXj.jpg

Someone also posted a recent clip of him bragging about surfing 15-footers in Hawaii or California. I can't remember where he said it happened, but it doesn't matter since the only place it could've actually happened is in his regarded meta verse. What a fucking chode. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 52-80 said:

mark zuckerberg will kick your ass if he needs to

AA1aQRvA.jpeg

mark-zuckerberg-mma-training-comp.jpg

chrome_oHGB1g4UXj.jpg

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

Someone also posted a recent clip of him bragging about surfing 15-footers in Hawaii or California. I can't remember where he said it happened, but it doesn't matter since the only place it could've actually happened is in his regarded meta verse. What a fucking chode. 

joaquin-phoenix-oh.gif

57c67955ef45f1404a1cbf16707d46846d44c5c9

ad9034495fa020a676bb46ca716fc990141e4c34

3447087cdca66bdbe1fd424c2b69a12afe80b2fd

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

well looking at it it’s hard to tell.  I assumed he had to have been off the road on the shoulder at least but maybe he’s in the left lane.  that seems insane, though.  why would anyone park in the left lane.  if so then yeah she’ll get paid I guess. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Tow driver stopped on freeway left lane with ramp down with no lights, cones, nothing.

Actually if you go read the stories, there were lights and warnings. She wasn’t paying a lick of attention and found out.

If someone is getting paid, it’s the vehicle she landed on.

When you see lights up ahead you know something is going on. Slow down with the rest of traffic, don’t just blow through them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What was that tow truck driver doing parking on an active freeway in the left lane no less, ramp down with no lights or cones?  And yes, someone needs to add the General Lee noise over that.
Tow truck drivers are mostly assholes. Two passed me on the beltway last week racing to get to some accidents, I guess. One passed me in the emergency lane. As he going up the incline, I hoped no one was actually using the emergency lane for an actual emergency.
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Actually if you go read the stories, there were lights and warnings. She wasn’t paying a lick of attention and found out.

If someone is getting paid, it’s the vehicle she landed on.

When you see lights up ahead you know something is going on. Slow down with the rest of traffic, don’t just blow through them.

Read a few articles and it said the tow truck was parked in the left lane with its warning lights on.

From the video, it was the only vehicle on that side of the freeway, and it doesn’t look like there were any obvious warning lights behind it.

Her lawyer could argue that most of the warning lights were in the other side of the freeway and she was distracted by those, and didn’t see the parked tow truck in front of her.

I’m not saying it’s not her fault, but I can say that if there’s an accident on the other side of the freeway, and there’s a good center divider, I’m not slowing down to gawk  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

On I35 in Lewisville, I pulled up on some firemen trying to pry something out of a guardrail.  As I approached I saw it was a motorcycle and then  a little further a body covered up on the ground.  That scene is seared in my mind.  I'll never get on one of those things. 

My no pics sister interned for channel 8 in FTW out of college.  Mainly she was in a small room with metroplex police scanners during night hours.  A crew sat in Dallas and another in FTW on standby for any action.  

One night a high speed chase with a crotch rocket happened, and was going too fast getting off of 635 to 75 and flew off the bridge.  He was wearing his helmet still when he hit the ground, but he wasnt wearing his body. 

My no pics sister interned for channel 8 in FTW out of college.  Mainly she was in a small room with metroplex police scanners during night hours.  A crew sat in Dallas and another in FTW on standby for any action.  
One night a high speed chase with a crotch rocket happened, and was going too fast getting off of 635 to 75 and flew off the bridge.  He was wearing his helmet still when he hit the ground, but he wasnt wearing his body. 

At least he was headed in the right direction!