Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Only one nation in history has the technological know how to make it work, the economy to afford it and the militarism to actually do it.  While China's shitbox carriers can't even launch a knock-off MIG with a 50's era steam catapult, America uses electro goddamn magnets.

magic-how-do-they-work.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Back in high school, a friend and I filmed all of the rollercoasters at Six Flags and Astro World with a big ass video camera.  Now they won't let you ride with so much as a phone or a hat.

I guess I haven't been in a while.  Do they make you turn over your phone before riding?  Surely not.

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Only one nation in history has the technological know how to make it work, the economy to afford it and the militarism to actually do it.  While China's shitbox carriers can't even launch a knock-off MIG with a 50's era steam catapult, America uses electro goddamn magnets.

China's newer Fujian carrier (2022) also uses electromagnetic launch ... they stole / "reverse engineered" from the US.

• Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Meanwhile, in Florida... just another 150-bugs-in-your-face story...

Any video that has that disclaimer immediately has me noping out. Adult language, offensive humor, nudity, fine. But no way I’m watching graphic images from the operating room, any claustrophobic nonsense, snuff videos, or kids being exploited/hurt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, futureman said:

I guess I haven't been in a while.  Do they make you turn over your phone before riding?  Surely not.

The hulk ride in Universal in Orlando makes you empty your pockets. They wand you before they let you board, and will make you turn around and do the walk of shame if you have so much as a key fob in your pocket. 

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

China's newer Fujian carrier (2022) also uses electromagnetic launch ... they stole / "reverse engineered" from the US.

Cool.  Has it been formally deployed?  Can their shitbox knockoff MIG's fly?  Or do they bloop into the ocean like our orange test sleds?

Aren't our planet's magnetic poles in the North and South engulfed in water (albeit mostly frozen, but still H20).  So does the water just have to be a tiny amount in glass to negate the magnetism or does it being such a large volume of water that it negates the theory?  I haz confuse.  

And my wife has this pet-peeve about the kids putting stuff up on the fridge with magnets.  But they still do it every now and again and they can only reach up about to the level of the water dispenser and they magnet shit up there for us to see from art class or whatever.  And there's clearly moisture there but the magnets still work.  

And also, as a former Commander-in-Chief of the United States Navy, should people understand how magnets are used on maritime vessels?  That, you know, go into water?  noCR, just "Holy Shit!"  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

The hulk ride in Universal in Orlando makes you empty your pockets. They wand you before they let you board, and will make you turn around and do the walk of shame if you have so much as a key fob in your pocket. 

Rayban Meta worth a try.

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Any video that has that disclaimer immediately has me noping out. Adult language, offensive humor, nudity, fine. But no way I’m watching graphic images from the operating room, any claustrophobic nonsense, snuff videos, or kids being exploited/hurt. 

OK, so I'll put you down as a no for my pre-Oscar screening of "The Tragic Sorry of Billy Who Dies During Emergency Cave Surgery".

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Aren't our planet's magnetic poles in the North and South engulfed in water (albeit mostly frozen, but still H20).  So does the water just have to be a tiny amount in glass to negate the magnetism or does it being such a large volume of water that it negates the theory?  I haz confuse.  

And my wife has this pet-peeve about the kids putting stuff up on the fridge with magnets.  But they still do it every now and again and they can only reach up about to the level of the water dispenser and they magnet shit up there for us to see from art class or whatever.  And there's clearly moisture there but the magnets still work.  

And also, as a former Commander-in-Chief of the United States Navy, should people understand how magnets are used on maritime vessels?  That, you know, go into water?  noCR, just "Holy Shit!"  

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Perhaps consider starting a blog to funnel all your random-ass thoughts into.

• Hook 'Em 1

Somebody posted his comments at a press conference.  But it did get me thinking about magnets and water.  Scroll past my posts, put me on ignore, report the material, don't make a shit.  At least acknowledge that I don't post the originally questionable tweets nor start many threads, but maybe a handful a year related to Longhorn games as such.  You're young, you're gonna bounce back from this.  ;)