Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

I nearly had holy shit moment yesterday.

On my commute to LA, there  is a narrow tunnel with sidewalks on both sides. There was a homeless guy who bent over to do something and I had to swerve a little so I wouldn't turn his melon into mush.

He pulled back right after I drove past him. I think he also had a pant-shitting moment on his end.

49 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Have you guys seen that video of the fast food employee who shoots at a family over missing curly fries?

Someone better than me at Twitter should post that here.

C’mon dude. You can’t expect people to know what’s posted 6 posts up on the same page. 

• Haha 2

That's fucking awesome.  Guy was unarmed and trying to get back into his truck and be on his way and safety vest guy just unloads four rounds at him from very close range when he coulda just walked away from the Burger King.  Now he gets to spend the rest of his life drinking through a straw which also functions as his wheelchair steering device.  He'll claim self-defense even though that video clearly disproves that, sue the driver's company for millions, but nobody will be able to understand what he's saying, so they'll dismiss the case.  Hope you felt tough in that moment buddy, 'cause you're gonna be shitting in a bag for the rest of your life. 

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That's fucking awesome.  Guy was unarmed and trying to get back into his truck and be on his way and safety vest guy just unloads four rounds at him from very close range when he coulda just walked away from the Burger King.  Now he gets to spend the rest of his life drinking through a straw which also functions as his wheelchair steering device.  He'll claim self-defense even though that video clearly disproves that, sue the driver's company for millions, but nobody will be able to understand what he's saying, so they'll dismiss the case.  Hope you felt tough in that moment buddy, 'cause you're gonna be shitting in a bag for the rest of your life. 

Well he will be doing it all from heaven, he died. 

Well, now I just feel bad.  Don't know if stealing his truck was worth attempted murder.  But I guess this is where we are these days.  

In this day and age, I'd rather pull a cell phone than a firearm and film the guy stealing my stuff.  Then track him down afterwards when nobody is around and go to work on him.  Shootouts at the Burger King with all that background.  I dunno, heat of the moment and all that I suppose.  

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

As we were taught in Basic Training: only the hits count.  From that close the car jacker's brain should have been all over that truck cab, but it's hard to bring one's self to kill another without training and reinforcement.

Seemed to come naturally to the carjacker

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He's dead, Jim.

Edited by SurlyGator
Pdawg beat me to it

I don't know. I feel bad for the victim, of course, especially since he was trying to help out as a Good Samaritan. But on the aggregate, big boys that carry guns seem to have this idea that guns will help in these kinds of situations. They get puffed up and have bravado because of them. Then they wind up escalating a situation because they are wielding a gun, and shit goes sideways, and then they get hurt or die. If he hadn't busted out his pistol and tried to go Clint Eastwood, there wouldn't have been multiple bullets flying around the Burger King parking lot and there wouldn't have been an out of control driver  speeding through an area packed with cars and pedestrians. It's a miracle that no one else got hurt. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I don't know. I feel bad for the victim, of course, especially since he was trying to help out as a Good Samaritan. But on the aggregate, big boys that carry guns seem to have this idea that guns will help in these kinds of situations. They get puffed up and have bravado because of them. Then they wind up escalating a situation because they are wielding a gun, and shit goes sideways, and then they get hurt or die. If he hadn't busted out his pistol and tried to go Clint Eastwood, there wouldn't have been multiple bullets flying around the Burger King parking lot and there wouldn't have been an out of control driver  speeding through an area packed with cars and pedestrians. It's a miracle that no one else got hurt. 

Keep your ass out of it and let the authorities handle it unless you or family are in harms way.

Live by these rules and always keep your head on a swivel.

Profit.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I try to impress on my family that car insurance is your friend.  Someone wants to steal the car?  Fucking have at it - I hope it's in a chop shop or Honduras quickly... I don't really want it back.

Someone wants to car jack a car?  Here are the keys my friend - no trouble here.

That truck was insured and letting a bad guy leave the place where I am, with an insured vehicle?  No problemo friendo.

Now, come into my house while my family is sleeping, i can't really abide that.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Legal question as this wasn't in Texas....if the good samaritan actually killed the carjacker when he shot him, would he be looking at murder?  There was no one in the vehicle at the time, the "carjacker" wasn't armed.  I don't understand opening fire in that situation, looked like a work truck as well. (of course I wouldn't have left my vehicle running with key inside either)

Yeah, when I first saw it, I was thinking he’d get a manslaughter or attempted murder charge at a minimum. Absolutely no justification for firing at the thief like that. If someone down range had died, he and the car thief would be on the hook for charges as well