Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Holy shit, I usually miss this shit, but had a couple meetings cancel. I also haven't paid attention to this up to this point, due to elections having consequences, and now here I am listening to this guy talk and wondering what in the fuck is happening that this guy is who they decided was the best guy for the Supreme Court.  I thought Tahoe told us that Republicans had a good list of candidates?!? I mean, it seems like there are likely hundreds of Republican lawyers that would be a better fit.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That would have been great.  "Mr. Chairman, what the fuck do you mean we only get 30 minutes for lunch? I strenuously object"

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

"What do you mean there aren't any Whataburgers around here?"

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

"Mr. Chairman, the only way that is acceptable is if you bring the boudin to us!"

Late getting back to this.  Just want to rep the folks who clearly know me well.

Just now, TexArcher said:

The Republican Party is committing suicide on live tv right now.  This is amazing.

People keep saying this.  This is what the party is now.  And they hold every branch of fucking government.  These are our overlords.  Deal with it.  I'm fucking depressed.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

I think they're going to confirm him.  They'll take the 5-4 and deal with any consequences later. 

Definitely a possibility.  Hope they can keep the Senate this year and then blame the economy when it downturns on the Blue Wave and keep the Senate in 2020 and hope Trump can pull it off again.... They'll punt the House this round.  Not saying this is what will happen, but I can see it as a strategy.

3 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  There is not a shred of proof being provided here today, nor at any point in any of this.

Does Corey Booker really want to get into what our "founding documents" state when it comes to an individual being accused of a crime?

This guy is a piece of shit.

That is the standard for a criminal trial. This hearing....er, job interview... would be closer to a civil trial where the standard is preponderance of the evidence.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP