Texas vs Maryland Game Week Thread

Vertigo

6 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Actually they won't.

The game is on Fox and I am pretty sure the only games they re-air are ESPN/ABC and LHN telecasts or I could not know what the fuck I am talking about.

LHN recently aired the 2009 Fiesta Bowl game against Ohio State which was a Fox broadcast.  But yeah, in general LHN only replays the games on ESPN/ABC affiliates, so don't expect to see the Maryland replay on LHN anytime soon.

57 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

If we go out and punch them in the nose right off the bat they're going to fall back on all the built in excuses they have to lose and we win by 20+.  We start off shity we're in for a dog fight till the end

This is how I see it playing out as well.  If we don't step on our own dicks, we win easily. 

8 hours ago, NowThis said:

who is the Terp starting QB? Pigrome was smashing UT until his injury, then Hill came in and did well. Terps played with their 3rd string QB most of the season. 

RB Ty Johson is back who ran for over 100 on Texas last year. They lost WR DJ Moore to the Carolina Panthers. 

I have a feeling this game is going to be close. 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/8/1/17637160/texas-longhorns-maryland-terrapins-tom-herman-todd-orlando

Sounds like Hill is the starter. And of course you'll think it's gonna be close if you read Wescott, that dude is a huge pessimist (not that it hasn't been the worst mode of thought these past few years)

Pigrome gave us more issues at QB because of his legs.

I don't think Kasim Hill is all that mobile. 5 carries for 14 yards against Texas, 5 carries  for 41 yards against Towson, and 2 carries for 5 yards against UCF. He was listed as a "pro style QB" coming out of HS and I don't think that's wrong. He doesn't look that mobile on film. 

Kasim HIll went 3-3 in the passing game against Texas but from what I remember all 3 completions were to first round pick DJ Moore. At least one of those completions (40 yard gain) was a jump ball where Moore just out worked Boyd. So I'm not sure how much to take away from Hill's performance against Texas. He didn't do much except throw the ball up for DJ Moore to make plays. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Both Hill and Pigrome (if he’s healthy) will play.  Orlando has to be preparing for both.  Canada is mega stupid if he doesn’t run more zone read and option against us since we never proved we could stop it against the same personnel.  We were very soft on the edges in this game last year.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Canada's response to the question at the 10 minute mark is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

I just watched it. Wow. He responded like Clark Griswold at the lingerie counter when the hot ass sales girl says: "Can I take something out for you?". Bizarre. That dude seems like he's hanging by a very thin thread.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Speaking of all of this, Maryland started classes yesterday and they've continued to deal with two different investigating groups. These groups have continued to meet with players and coaches alike, including today and yesterday. They have a board meeting on Thursday and there is a low outside chance that, based on the reports they receive that day, that they could go behind closed doors for a private session and decide outcomes. The more likely scenario is that this continues to play out for a few more weeks.

To say that they're dealing with distractions is an understatement. Some of these coaches could be culpable, and there's little doubt that this is polarizing for the players. If they somehow fired Durkin on Thursday or Friday, it could be the most bonkers opponent situation that I think a team could honestly face on Saturday. Fuck, look at our conversation. The situation for these guys is already insane.

I have a hard time believing that the emotional impact on the team would be anything other than negative after all this. A bad culture with a coach who takes it too far and kills a player. An ongoing investigation that the team is actively involved in. A coach whose fate is yet to be decided. A first year OC turned first time HC. 

None of those things equate to a team coming out with a bunker mentality. This isn’t external nay sayers attacking a program where they can bunker up. This is all internally inflicted with a lack of closure and chaos in leadership.

7 hours ago, joeycovers said:

The Turtles have had investigators non-stop. Change in HC. All in addition to a teammate that recently passed. UT squad looking for revenge will come in focused and eager.

Its gonna get ugly fast. UT by more than experts think

username checks the fuck out

• Like 1

One thing that hasn't come up much here is how much Herman must want this one.

Not to say he doesn't want all of them, but Maryland spoiled his debut at his dream gig list year. 

Or, if what some here have said is true, Herman spoiled his own debut by not respecting Maryland enough to game plan for them. 

If that's true, you can bet he wants this one, and can bet we're doing a bit of extra prep work this time to make sure we get it. 

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

they just wanted a little respect...

do i have to keep quoting lyrics or will someone hurry up and acknowledge my genius?  this wouldn't have happened on Shaggy...

Looks like everbody was too busy kicking ass to have listened to enough of that shit to know what the hell youre talking about. 

44 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Anyone else struggling to get through this week?  Geesh.  Every minute seems to take an hour.  Hell, I'm even looking forward to Gameday.  

I've been travelling from Quebec to the OC and soon to SF and things seem to move fast but every time I remember the season's so close the clock seems to hit molasses. At least out here it's a 9am game so it's wake up and gogogo.

6 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Actually they won't.

The game is on Fox and I am pretty sure the only games they re-air are ESPN/ABC and LHN telecasts or I could not know what the fuck I am talking about.

Well they re aired fox games from last year including the USC game. It just took a couple days longer than the ESPN games. So unless something has changed, they will

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Alright, it's a 9am game time on the West Coast... what does Surly recommend for a get-up-and-go kind of morning?

Was thinking Irish coffee/mimosas and a nice brunch spread but I know there'll be better ideas.

Breakfast tacos and 40 oz. OEs. You're welcome. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Alright, it's a 9am game time on the West Coast... what does Surly recommend for a get-up-and-go kind of morning?

Was thinking Irish coffee/mimosas and a nice brunch spread but I know there'll be better ideas.

I'm normally a brown water kind of guy, but in this case, Red Bull and Vodka.

Just now, Thetexashammer said:

I'm normally a brown water kind of guy, but in this case, Red Bull and Vodka.

Two New Years' ago, this led to me waking up in the bushes in the Presidio at 5am after taking a "shortcut" to my buddy's apartment in the Sunset. I was several years too old for it to be very funny. I might skip that one despite your best intentions.

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Three cups of coffee when toddler wakes up at 6am. Chaser of tears while reminiscing of the days when you thought 9am was early.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Here in LA there’s a Tex ex watch party I’m heading to

• Like 1