Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

27 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Gotta be 200,000 alum and fans willing to put up $150 each. I don't how it would go about being put together but count me in. If someone would like to send me their banking info I'll cut the check tomorrow. 

Put me down for $1,000.

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

How can you say never disciplined Hernandez, when he didn't murder anyone at Florida. He sounds like a masterful disciplinarian to contain that monster for four years

Aaron Hernandez was a serial killer who happened to play football. Period.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You bet!

Do you really think it’s $9.95 though?  I’m not rich but I’d pay more. 

47 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I believe it, but regardless how one feels about the EOT, reneging on the discussions this summer would be a terrible look in the eyes of future recruits and would be an extremely easy target for negative recruiting.

I have a very hard time seeing it playing out well in any manner. From a fanbase that has panned Herman for being tone deaf and lacking awareness....

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I have a very hard time seeing it playing out well in any manner. From a fanbase that has panned Herman for being tone deaf and lacking awareness....

It doesn’t seem that hard. Offer to rewrite the lyrics a touch, and they don’t have to sing it. In return for a dollop of flexibility on their part they get to play for one of the great coaches of all time as he takes UT on a helluva run.

58 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

After hearing what strings are attached to the boosters giving money, I'm not sure the coaching hire really matters. This program is fucked abd the boosters deserve as much blame as anyone.

Honest question, if you were in a position to donate large sums of money to any organisation would you just give them a blank check or would you put conditions on the donation? 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Honest question, if you were in a position to donate large sums of money to any organisation would you just give them a blank check or would you put conditions on the donation? 

IMHO, they get their conditions - changing our coaching staff. But that’s about all they get. I certainly don’t think they get a say in what our players have already negotiated with the administration. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Yes, he SHOULD be fired right now. No, he won’t be. I am extremely skeptical that the BMDs would pony up $20-30 million right now.

I mean considering a lot of the rich got richer during the shutdowns and pandemic somehow I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. Then again who knows they may enjoy mediocre.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I can't believe we would ever hire stoops.

I don't like the guy, but he has a bag with 9 dicks and 10 conference championships in it.  Tom Herman has one conference championship in his bag...so you know...lotsa rooms for dicks.

Just now, Lobo said:

I don't like the guy, but he has a bag with 9 dicks and 10 conference championships in it.  Tom Herman has one conference championship in his bag...so you know...lotsa rooms for dicks.

i didn't say he wasn't a great coach. I just said I can't see us hiring him.  

20 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

IMHO, they get their conditions - changing our coaching staff. But that’s about all they get. I certainly don’t think they get a say in what our players have already negotiated with the administration. 

Why would that be all they would get? As a donor you can put any conditions on it that you wish. They are free to turn it down.

I hate to psychoanalyze Tom or us but in a cultural space that doesn’t exist there’d be a great 30 for 30 style story about a guy with crushing cognitive and emotional deficits in plain sight who somehow got hired by the university that became the biggest sucker at the poker table in the country around 2014, when it embraced Woke Capital without any of the Machiavellian operators in key positions that remotely understand how to make that work to their own benefit.

2 hours ago, UhhhIdk said:

Is it finally okay to admit that whole thing was pretty fucking weird. What 19 year old black kid wants to get kissed on with saliva residue from a mid 40s white guy? 

Finally? That shit was weird as fuck from day one. How many of you guys are in the habit of letting men like your boss kiss on you? You think Coach Elliot could get away with that crap with the volleyball squad? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Big Q for anyone who can explore the details of this: how can one shitty HC have such a negative influence on his assistants that they are so uniformly terrible, including those who have done well with previous schools?  Herb Hand as the most obvious example.  How can NONE of these guys be doing a good job in spite of their boss?

29 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That would be so Texas to hire Bob Stoops and for him to accept because we told him "sure, you can bring your brother Mike to be defensive coordinator!"

I could not handle this. It was enough seeing his waifty son score on us and hearing the --oops name called. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

MUST LISTEN:

I just finished and after hearing this we HAVE to fire Herman now. 
https://taking-a-punt-the-dane-roy-story.captivate.fm/

Could you give the long story short version of what a UH punter has to say about coaching??......  I’m not listening to a punter talk for a hour to get whatever hot take he had.  I made it 5-10 and didn’t hear shit worth listening to.  Never was a fan of the Tom hire but find it hard to believe that a Aussie punter has a must listen hour long podcast for a hot take on coaching a sport he knew nothing about before punting for UH.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Finally? That shit was weird as fuck from day one. How many of you guys are in the habit of letting men like your boss kiss on you? You think Coach Elliot could get away with that crap with the volleyball squad? 

thats the one thing people liked about Charlie.  it was no bullshit new age coach crap unfortunately no head coaching acumen came along with it.

Big Q for anyone who can explore the details of this: how can one shitty HC have such a negative influence on his assistants that they are so uniformly terrible, including those who have done well with previous schools?  Herb Hand as the most obvious example.  How can NONE of these guys be doing a good job in spite of their boss?

Culture eats strategy and tactics for breakfast
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, anacardo said:

Bad generals can have negative effect on the morale. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas