Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

43 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not saying that couldn’t be true, but I am friends with one of the QC coaches and saw him yesterday. He said nothing about horrible practices. He said everyone is mad in a motivating sense and just wants to do whatever it takes to win.

Wasn't the whole driving premise of this season because they were pissed off bout how shitty last season and we were gonna do whatever it takes... Yet here we are again 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Herb Hand hasn’t been doing much coaching OR recruiting. Maybe that’s what he’s up to? He’ll probably find a way to fuck that up too.

“Hey, according to the Baylor boards, we didn’t offer Charlie Brewer. Is that true? Don’t think i’ve heard that anywhere. No one seems to bring it up.”

Did you know that his great great grandmother once gave George Winston a top notch hummer after a particularly liquored up autumn barn dance?

3 hours ago, ousux said:
On 10/19/2020 at 7:04 AM, Dbeasy said:

Herman will be a head coach at a P5 immediately after getting dismissed from Texas.

In normal pre apocalypse times maybe, but many coaches who would otherwise get shitcanned will get a rona pass this year, p5 jobs will be slim pickins.

why are we so damn sure we arent in this catagory? i mean i hope for my sanity we are not in this catagory but i would bet money we are in this boat and not for sure firing tom.

5 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

why are we so damn sure we arent in this catagory? i mean i hope for my sanity we are not in this catagory but i would bet money we are in this boat and not for sure firing tom.

Because we have more money at our disposal than any other P5 school.

(and also more money riding on these things)

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

No we don’t. 

Which P5 school has more?  For real, I'm curious.  Who makes more than us and is it a noticeable difference?  Now, schools like Bama may pay more than us, but that's because they are winning.  If Herman ran off 3 MNCs in a row he'd be getting more than 6 mil

Edited by closetohumping

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Thought I'd pop in and note a couple of things in case my position hasn't been clear.

I have, since the day of his hiring, thought Herman was a POS head coach and has no business running the show at Texas.

If we don't hire Urban, Texas should just quit fielding a football team.

Sorry if this wasn't clear prior. I'm afraid I might have been a bit vague heretofore.

Oh, I have also decided to stop watching games as really, who needs that kind of self inflicted stress and pain in these very trying times.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

o Not sure anybody cared

o Great.  A savant, you are.

o Dumbest thing I've read since your last post.

o Who cares?

o Grow a pair.  It's a game.

o Go to 1.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Thought I'd pop in and note a couple of things in case my position hasn't been clear.

I have, since the day of his hiring, thought Herman was a POS head coach and has no business running the show at Texas.

Sorry if this wasn't clear prior. I'm afraid I might have been a bit vague heretofore.

Oh, I have also decided to stop watching games as really, who needs that kind of self inflicted stress and pain in these very trying times.

goodbye cruel world life GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hiring Urban is only the right move if he gets his coordinator hires and support staff hires correct right? Any guesses on who he might hire? Big 12 offenses are different from the big10 and old school sec offenses he went against. What DC can he bring that will actually come and shut down teams?

19 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

No we don’t. 

Texas is #1 in athletic revenue and budget/expenses. That is an objective figure that cannot be debated.

If Texas doesn't have more access to donor capital than any school in the country then it's a very fucking short list. 

But please tell me how I'm wrong - we're all ears.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bet your tv is on the game by 2:35p and you're sitting in front of it. It's ok, we all need it. This shit is the best drug you can get and it's terrible in the lows and so very awesome in the highs. Vicious cycle of pain and stress that we are all addicted to. Longhorn Football: The Best Upper Ever Made

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Herman just needs to hurry up and piss away the Baylor game. I'll almost be upset if we win on Saturday. 

There are plenty of ways for a guy who’s on thin ice to get fired without losing. I’m rooting for something else, like a win and a continued EOT debacle.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

USC has a pretty easy 6-game schedule and is expected to finish 2nd in the conference this year. Gonna be hard for them to fire Helton in the year of Covid unless they totally collapse. Slovis + Graham should be a good combo so as long as they don't get in too many 3rd and Orlandos they should have a good year

USC has a pretty easy 6-game schedule and is expected to finish 2nd in the conference this year. Gonna be hard for them to fire Helton in the year of Covid unless they totally collapse. Slovis + Graham should be a good combo so as long as they don't get in too many 3rd and Orlandos they should have a good year

Never discount the idiot coach factor.

We all thought our coach was going to get it right this year.

31 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Waiting on @Gene Parmesan to prove his numbers.  Also, we lead by a pretty good amount on social media hits.  Yes, that can matter.

That being said, I'm somewhat nervous about USC.

Chris Petersen makes more sense for them imo. In fact they went after him in '13 before going with Sark after Dark. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 1

Waiting on [mention=2713]Gene Parmesan[/mention] to prove his numbers.  Also, we lead by a pretty good amount on social media hits.  Yes, that can matter.

That being said, I'm somewhat nervous about USC.

If we miss, it shouldn't be because of usc.

They had the window last season and chose not to take it. I don't think anyone, Helton included, thought he'd get another year.

That window has passed, and it makes zero sense that they'd change course now before what they gave him time to do with revamping the program is even on display.

We should obviously be aware that if USC's season tanks quickly, it will be obvious that job could come open and that probably makes our road more difficult. That's exactly why we should get this done before that has a chance to happen.

If we miss, even if Urban goes to usc, it will be because we failed to lock things up before it had a chance to come to that.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Helton is not getting fired this year and Urban will decide within a few weeks or about a year and a month before the USC position opens up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Oregon is better than OU right now. That probably won’t last too long, but Cristobal has that program in good shape. 

Oregon has the money to be as good as it wants to be.  Cristobal could do well up there.  I don't think Urban fears ou. 

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Unless USC fires the university president, they aren't hiring Meyer.

The lady from UNC?

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree, I don't see them pulling the trigger this year regardless. They're gonna give Helton a mulligan. 

I thought they were close before so I'd be surprised if he gets a mulligan.

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

There’s no ou in the Pac.

See above.  Two team conference.  He also coached in the SEC.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I remember watching the KU game in Chuckles' final season. At first, I was simply rolling my eyes that we weren't blowing them out and thinking "get the fuck on with it, let's go." Then, when it became clear that it was actually going to be a game, I was somewhat hysterical, like the laughing guy with the painted face on the Dr. Pepper commercials. Finally, with the loss, I just remember feeling total relief. I never cheered for the loss, but it wasn't a total nightmare even as a national embarrassment because it cemented Strong heading elsewhere. 

Checked around. It turns out on the Kelly thing that it wasn't "misdirection", but "miscommunication" instead.

I'm stunned. I'm pissed. It's Chip Kelly.

What in the wide wide world of sports?  If we got a Lakers championship, a Dodgers championship, AND someone to bail us out of Chip Kelly all in one year, I might keel over with excitement.  

But no, really, he's a genius.  Just ask him.  And recruiting elite players is for suckers.  The rougher the diamond, the better.

But honestly, what is this?  Texas is not seriously considering a run at Chip Kelly, are they?  I assure you we would pay half that buyout tomorrow to have Texas take him off our hands.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas