Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

he bet on his OL.  probably the worst unit on the team at this point (WR/TE close second)

dumbass made every wrong decision today.  how we can not scheme to get 10 yards or more against a prevent D wanting to hold us to a FG is beyond me.

I'm just trying to exhaust all of his outs and bad decisions. We went with the learning mistakes early on in his career.  He's still making them.  He's not being paid to make awful, amateur decisions.  The fanbase could have made better decisions than he did today.  Really, we could have.  And another bad decision that Iowa State lives and dies by--what's the point of having a tall TE that can highpoint the ball if you're not going to use him?  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Taking the points is why Iowa State won (cheating refs helped too).

I don’t mind the 4th and 1/2 call to go for it. But the qb sneak was there and we went for it from the shotgun.

It was nice seeing Eagles make some great play so we went away from him. We had Wiley make a nice play so we went away from him. We were balanced and then we went away from that to Sam-Hero Ball with plays designed to make it more difficult.

Not tearing that official a new ass for their failure to stop the clock. TH is a position coach, probably a great head coach for Texas State. But he is out of his fucking league in mid-major or above D1.

36 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I agree, but it amazes me with all of the ways Herman has handicapped this season, we would not be having this conversation with Ingram's fumble. This team succeeded in spite of Herman to an extent

Is this the 2nd time you made this same point? We would've been eliminated from b12cg contention today with or without the loss to TCU. In a season the roster is peaking. When OU legit sucks by OU standards. I think we'd still be having the conversation, but maybe our recruiting class would be better.

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Taking the points is why Iowa State won (cheating refs helped too).

I don’t mind the 4th and 1/2 call to go for it. But the qb sneak was there and we went for it from the shotgun.

It was nice seeing Eagles make some great play so we went away from him. We had Wiley make a nice play so we went away from him. We were balanced and then we went away from that to Sam-Hero Ball with plays designed to make it more difficult.

Not tearing that official a new ass for their failure to stop the clock. TH is a position coach, probably a great head coach for Texas State. But he is out of his fucking league in mid-major or above D1.

The clock was corrected. Not sure what you're talking about with cheating refs but I agree with the rest.

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

Colt is the 2nd best qb in program history and the best who played all 4 years.  no shit??

I can't quite tell if you agree or not, but point is (some) people are expecting a year-over-year improvement and have only one guy to measure against.  

Edited by Bullneck

In the first half we didn't get a borderline roughing the passer/out of bounds call against us that shocked me.

Who was it who caught the fairly long pass (Eagles), got hit and fumbled?  Is someone complaining about this?  Looked like fumble to me, or at least close enough you won't get the call more than 50% of the time.  

The Big XII is well below average this year and there is NO reason we shouldn't be unbeaten with an average margin of victory of 42-14.  Except coaching.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

-Tom wasted what should have been the season we win the Big 12.

- ou with a young team that should be rebuilding won the rivalry game and is set to win the conference.

- The sheep rapists in college station are a top 5 team.

- Herman is unable to attract legacy recruits.

Are there any more reasons that the BMD's need to step in and force CDC's hand?

@ImissWallyPryor Maybe this?

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep. Everyone knows the refs are terrible. How about this: let’s not have a shitty coaching staff that continuously puts us in a position to lose with the help of shitty reffing.

This. The better you are, the lesser the impact from some shitty reffing. The impact from shitty reffing is much greater when coupled with shitty coaching/execution.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why not? But only after lobbing a phone call to Matt Rhule's agent to make sure he doesn't hate the NFL.

I guess you could but Rhule was NFL all the way.  He's in the club now.  you rarely leave the club.  Saban was a complete outlier, IMO.

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

He did improve from his freshman to sophomore year. After the Georgia win, I bought in and thought we were going to be contenders the next 2 years. And Sam would keep getting better. And Tom would keep growing with him. Nope. Both reverted the very next year and it never got any better than it did in 2018. It was a fluke outlier year in both of their careers here.

The Herman era needs to end with the Sam era. Gave us a few cool moments but not much other than that. Better than the Charlie era? Sure. But that is an extremely low bar to set to judge them.

And we still lost 4 games. 

We've joked about it but it really is incredible how many one-score games Herman has been involved in at Texas. Herman has coached 47 total games at Texas, 26 of those have been one-score games. Herman has coached 35 Big 12 games and 21 of those have been one-score games. Herman is 3-0 against Kansas but two of those wins have been one-score games, including the near-disaster 50-48 game won by Dicker's walk-off last season. The Jayhawks are 7-36 during Herman's Texas tenure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I guess you could but Rhule was NFL all the way.  He's in the club now.  you rarely leave the club.  Saban was a complete outlier, IMO.

I agree with you. Seems like that was always his preferred destination though he'd spent the majority of his career in college football.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

I know. Sad. Dark times are ahead yet again. However, as slim as it is, even Meyer had to start at Bowling Green, so who knows. We may hit the lottery, but we're more likely to bust. 

We don't have to bust.  We can ensure we hit the lottery by buying up every lottery ticket and giving them to Urban Meyer.

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

And Spurrier.

And Harbaugh, and Carroll.  Not saying we should or could get a guy from the NFL but it does happen.  Anyway, I find it hard to believe that if we make Urban the highest paid coach in college football he doesn't accept it.  I think the number would be 9.5 million and I think its better to spend that than to give some coach $5 million that is going to maybe be good but who knows.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

And Harbaugh, and Carroll.  Not saying we should or could get a guy from the NFL but it does happen.  Anyway, I find it hard to believe that if we make Urban the highest paid coach in college football he doesn't accept it.  I think the number would be 9.5 million and I think its better to spend that than to give some coach $5 million that is going to maybe be good but who knows.

I ran the numbers a few weeks back and after you factor in the buyouts we basically paid Strong and Herman $10M/season. Might as well give that salary to a coach who is much more likely to earn it in Urban Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas