Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Trotting mack out at his opening press conference and touting gdgd as a mentor sealed it for me

Those were good moves actually. And Greg Davis’ offenses averaged 40 ppg for over a decade. For all of the shit he got, he changed offenses to fit the players and knew how to feature the best players vs. Tom Herman’s assembly line philosophy.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

If a guy gets drilled as he throws the ball and the throw goes forward into the dirt, is it grounding? The game hinged on this call? 

Games are won and lost on the cumulative impact of calls, no calls, bad spots, when the team are close in skill/coaching.
It’s not the one play where Sam took a sack, anymore than it was the one play where we failed to get 6 inches on a 4th down, due to a poor choice to run it from the shotgun vs. elect to not take the 3 points.

He threw the ball to try to avoid a sack, failed to meet the requirements and it is intentional grounding. He was being hit from his left side.

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Games are won and lost on the cumulative impact of calls, no calls, bad spots, when the team are close in skill/coaching.
It’s not the one play where Sam took a sack, anymore than it was the one play where we failed to get 6 inches on a 4th down, due to a poor choice to run it from the shotgun vs. elect to not take the 3 points.

He threw the ball to try to avoid a sack, failed to meet the requirements and it is intentional grounding. He was being hit from his left side.

I thought it was grounding too but didn't think this call was anymore impactful than all the missed holds, blocks in the backs, DPI... We actually got a defensive alignment call in our favor on a FG attempt lol

• Like 1

Yah, wouldn’t doubt at all if Fancy Boots (Megan, I think), had some type of connections. She hosts a podcast with a couple of other gals. Has Quan Cosby on sometimes. Goes to every game, home and away. Wooderson drove her car on national TV. Not surprised she’d have an issue with Urban. Some people just will.

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, wouldn’t doubt at all if Fancy Boots (Megan, I think), had some type of connections. She hosts a podcast with a couple of other gals. Has Quan Cosby on sometimes. Goes to every game, home and away. Wooderson drove her car on national TV. Not surprised she’d have an issue with Urban. Some people just will.

Well, as soon as he starts winning everyone's tune will change. The world treats winners differently than it treats losers, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Well I guess Fancy boots cars won't be appearing in  anymore commercials. 

My

🧡
hurts. I’m just gonna drink until I dont feel feelings. We’re about to hire a man that allows rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, battery, felony burglary, felony robbery & more. Today my

🧡
hurts for a program I love falling to levels of integrity I can’t abide by

11 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

My

🧡
hurts. I’m just gonna drink until I dont feel feelings. We’re about to hire a man that allows rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, battery, felony burglary, felony robbery & more. Today my

🧡
hurts for a program I love falling to levels of integrity I can’t abide by

LULZ. Yeah, we're all squeaky clean up on the 40.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fancy Boots   @TexasFancyBoots · 4h   My   1f9e1.svg hurts. I’m just gonna drink until I dont feel feelings. We’re about to hire a man that allows rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, battery, felony burglary, felony robbery & more. Today my   1f9e1.svg hurts for a program I love falling to levels of integrity I can’t abide by

Bye gif
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I just hope that before we make any hires we run it by the overweight woman with a small Twitter following, that puts Longhorns on her car, hosts a podcast I’ve never heard of, and donates a negligible amount to the University. 

If she’s not on board, I’m out. 

Got damn that picture is cringe 

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah, Fancy is one of the “Fire The Cannon” podcast women. She knows her shit and is well connected. She also drives the old plymouth or whatever with horns on the front that is always parked on San Jac on gameday

Last week, the academic side of the athletic department didn't know anything other than what we suspected: Herman doesn't have any backers within the department and he is immature and not the right person for the job. If she has inside info., it would have to come from someone within CDC's circle. I would be interested to know if the BMD's have scoop other than pledging money for a change. I would think they would have the info but I haven't heard any rumblings which is kind of strange. I am also still waiting to hear from my friend in Columbus who is very well tied in to the tOSU scene. I'll probably put in a call tomorrow. If he knew that it was imminent, though, I would know (which means he is in the dark as well).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Isn't that the Longhorn pimp outfit?

Where is Thujone?  Where the hell is Thujone?

He runs the fake coaches twitter accounts. It’s unknown how much clout he has with administration. I haven’t seen the chart that shows the amount of Twitter followers it takes to get what level of access within the program. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas