Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This post gives me hope because we all know Burton has Texas side sources. I don’t have visibility of the Texas brass on this. I would think that if Meyer has really re-considered coaching again, Texas would know by now and would be moving on to other candidates. Given they haven’t (per Burton), that would imply they are just down to final money details and Meyer is using continued retirement as a negotiating tactic. Hope so. As I’ve said for weeks, I thought he was ready to come until this recent wrinkle.

Or it could mean that UM is done with coaching and has said “no”. 

• Like 1

I wonder how Cristobal is with the boosters and program management?  Because it seems like the best case scenario for him is a Mack Brown, Kirby Smart, Mark Richt, or Phillip Fulmer type - recruit like hell and have overwhelming talent, beat most of the teams you should beat based on talent alone, and then get outcoached against the better teams where the talent disparity is closer.

Edited by Duane Moore

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If Cristobal was the hire he would have to bring in top Coordinators. Muschamp at DC level coordinators. 

I wouldn’t mind him raiding Saban’s staff. 

Which can work .  It’s too bad both Strong and Herman failed to understand that their loyalty to their previous staffs should be secondary to putting together a staff at a place like Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Anwar has as many sources as I do

Can’t imagine that Tom Herman’s literal mouth piece is that connected in any way. I would bet money that IT is going to be the ones to break the firing and the hiring FWIW. With Burton and new ownership plus new subs from 247 they are for sure going to want to be the ones to break all this and really try to monopolize the 995er beat. Also Burton is probably the most connected on the Texas side of things

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Can’t imagine that Tom Herman’s literal mouth piece is that connected in any way. I would bet money that IT is going to be the ones to break the firing and the hiring FWIW. With Burton and new ownership plus new subs from 247 they are for sure going to want to be the ones to break all this and really try to monopolize the 995er beat. Also Burton is probably the most connected on the Texas side of things

Chip still has some connections in the administration and could surprise with an early notification of the firing.

You guys realize there is no such thing as a "Texas Insider" anymore? That all died with Patterson and mostly with Dodds. 
These are all new dudes with no deep ties to Texas. We are better off with scoop from the Meyer side than any on the Texas side. 

Heresy! Until you charge 9.95 I won’t believe it!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

You guys realize there is no such thing as a "Texas Insider" anymore? That all died with Patterson and mostly with Dodds. 

These are all new dudes with no deep ties to Texas. We are better off with scoop from the Meyer side than any on the Texas side. 

CDC seems very tight lipped and close to the vest

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't know which I miss more Dodds or my free tickets. And I am sure this is only mostly true. CDC has lots of friends throughout Texas since he spent time in both Houston and DFW and his wife also spent a lot of time at Rice and All Saints’ Episcopal School. I am sure if some parent at All Saints’ Episcopal School wanted to get in contact with CDC that he could find a way.

Edited by Bevo
poor use of fonts

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:
He's also a career professional. Not some homer hack job. CDC is going to do his job well, he has done his job well his entire career. 

Don't tell that to half the people on this board calling for his head...

Half the people on this board have the patience and perspective of a fevered toddler.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

He's also a career professional. Not some homer hack job. CDC is going to do his job well, he has done his job well his entire career. 

Ultimately this is true.  Takes a lot of the fun out of it though.  But, if CDC does not get this right he will be worm dirt.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas