Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

IT

eep that first word in mind as I’m not reporting anything here.

We’re currently monitoring the opt out situation. We’d be surprised if Sam Cosmi is the only player to do so but we don’t know for sure. We’ve heard other players are considering it.

If more opt outs occur, nothing would underline what we’ve been saying for 6 weeks now: we can’t find traces of support for Tom Herman.

Could more opt outs speed up the process? I’m not sure, but I lean towards ‘no’. The timeline is dependent on finding a successor, imo.

There’s a chance the Kansas game doesn’t happen. It’s slated for December 12th. If that game is canceled (it sounds like KU has little interest in playing it) that would make next Saturday’s tilt versus K-State the last of the season. And the last of the Tom Herman era.

Next weekend and perhaps the following Monday is what I think is the most likely timing for significant program changes. Although I can’t rule out sooner. I haven’t heard anything concrete there.

The fact a move hasn’t been made yet tells you there is no positive resolution on Scenario 1 at this time. Gerry makes a good point here: every day Urban isn’t announced drops the percentage of landing Urban just a little bit.

I agree to an extent, however, for all we know the timing could be perfect to solidify an agreement while Herman finishes out the season.

If major news hasn’t broken by next Monday....gulp. Urban would want as long a runway as possible ahead of early signing day on December 16th. Every day that passes thereafter with no news drops the percentages considerably.

We’re not to that point by any stretch

10 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

So you’re telling me Michelle’s hot ass body and big titties need some loving because Tom has been stepping out? Sign me the fuck up

Seriously. If she’s interested in an overweight middle aged white dude with a single hcp and an average sized dick, I’m her guy. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol at Cosmi opting out. He’ll be back at practice two days after quitting the program like nothing happened. Just like Eagles, Mitchell, Foster, anyone else that quit and came back. Awesome team chemistry we have. 

Would you want to take two trips to Kansas in December if you didn't have to?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Caddox said:

The alcohol has been an issue from the get go. I don’t think it’s been anything too ridiculous like Sark, I think people just wonder if it affects his job.

I don’t think anything happened with a UT employee. More like being an adulterer doesn’t play great in momma’s living room. 

And the good news is I’m just an anonymous asshole on a message board so there’s zero reason to believe any of what I’m saying. 

But Tommy has been a naughty boy and it may cost him a hell of a lot more than his coaching job.

What the fuck? I don’t care if he drinks shots in the morning. Win the Big 12. That was the expectation and a big Mensa fucking fail. Just win! 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Kendra Scott? 

Ps- I’m a #girldad. 
PPS - NO PICS! 🖕🏻

Didn't think it was a huge secret. It was the talk of the town a few weeks ago when it "broke", or at least in the circle that my wife runs with.

Again, allegedly, she's wrecked a another marriage before this. Many Austin wives have voiced displeasure just at the mention of her name.

Edited by crash_davis

12 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Is now an appropriate time to point out that Dave Prowse, the actor in the Darth Vader suit passed yesterday?

Damn. Bummer. He never got the recognition he deserved because Lucas is a dipshit and petty ass bitch. He was banned from any Star Wars stuff because of a video he was in. RIP, Dave. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

I'm not fond of attacks on the patience of posters on this board, or our fans in general.

There are 2 money sports, football and men's basketball. In the last 50 years, constituting 100 seasons of those primary sports, we have one national title. 

Our fans have made this the wealthiest athletics department, with almost nothing in return. We have every right to be impatient.

I was referring to patience in a timeframe of weeks, not decades.

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Didn't think it was a huge secret. It was the talk of the town a few weeks ago when it "broke", or at least in the circle that my wife runs with.

Again, allegedly, she's wrecked a another marriage before this. Many Austin wives have voiced displeasure just at the mention of her name.

Where's the pics of your wife or the circle she runs with?  We need to determine if you're full of shit.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Landomatic said:

It also doesn’t help with the Urban situation IMO.  Pretty bad optics to fire a guy for a scandal then replace him with someone who was fired for another scandal

You mean shittier optics than sucking shit on the field? At this point, that's the only optics that fucking matters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It also doesn’t help with the Urban situation IMO.  Pretty bad optics to fire a guy for a scandal then replace him with someone who was fired for another scandal

Eh, hiring Urban’s gunna look like whatever it’s gunna look like to the types of people who care about that type of thing regardless of what Tom did.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Herman is getting fired for being a shitty coach and an asshole. A scandal is just the shitty icing on the shit cake 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Caddox said:

The alcohol has been an issue from the get go. I don’t think it’s been anything too ridiculous like Sark, I think people just wonder if it affects his job.

I don’t think anything happened with a UT employee. More like being an adulterer doesn’t play great in momma’s living room. 

And the good news is I’m just an anonymous asshole on a message board so there’s zero reason to believe any of what I’m saying. 

But Tommy has been a naughty boy and it may cost him a hell of a lot more than his coaching job.

You’re talking in riddles numb nuts. This isn’t Gotham city asshole. If you were never going to tell us all of it then why say anything? You may not need your ass whipped but whoever raised you could use a real good beating. Like a goddamn looney tunes character, I know something you don’t know doo da doo da. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You’re talking in riddles numb nuts. This isn’t Gotham city asshole. If you were never going to tell us all of it then why say anything? You may not need your ass whipped but whoever raised you could use a real good beating. Like a goddamn looney tunes character, I know something you don’t know doo da doo da. 

Lulz. Some dude thirsty for knowledge is flexing on some guy who has it. He said what he could say without implicating others. There's enough meat to read between the lines.

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Are you retarded? Read the thread.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Lulz. Some dude thirsty for knowledge is flexing on some guy who has it. He said what he could say without implicating others. There's enough meat to read between the lines.

Are you calling me Chris brown? The top of his post said the drinking wasn’t an issue but people noticed it. No bad press there. Then he said the womanizing thing wasn’t damning except it’s a bad look from what I understood. The bottom section said whatever he did will cost him more than his job. If the drinking and infidelity aren’t a problem what could he have done? I mean other than losing and sucking at football which doesn’t ruin your life because Strong found another job immediately after Texas. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas