Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

9 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, they've beaten Vandy (0-8), UF (7-1), MSU (2-6), Arky (3-5), S Car (2-7), and LSU (3-4). They lost to Bama by 4 TDs. They've beaten 1 good team. They're pretty good but certainly nothing special. If they get into the playoff because the B10 and Pac12 teams didn't play enough games, and then get their asses kicked by Bama (again) or Clemson or ND...OK? Will anyone even remember?

Your premise that Texas needs to fix its shit is totally true. Whatever A&M does or doesn't do is irrelevant to that point though. 

i'm going to make a political retort: some percentage of 73m people believe the orange man's version of reality.  aggy lives in that reality.  if they make the playoffs they will put it on the side of pyle and buy billboards and bleat incessantly and fuck recruiting unless we land a nuclear strike.  the reality they have beaten no one and are a shit side matters fuckall.  they don't have to do or not do anything.  their mere existence is a threat given our current situation.  they live for this.

i was there, i was there 3000 years ago, back in 1984, when aggy began their fedex run.   the darkest hole in ut football history.

nuclear strike from orbit.  the only way to be sure.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

Sam should opt out. He was already running for his life on most plays. The kid needs to think about his future. I doubt he will, but he's about to take a much worse beating that otherwise.  

What's he going to opt out for? It's not like he's likely to get drafted at this point. Having to play under Herman has already destroyed his body but I doubt playing two/three more games will make much of a difference at this point.

(Although I would like to see him opt out so Thompson/Card could get the reps)

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean, they've beaten Vandy (0-8), UF (7-1), MSU (2-6), Arky (3-5), S Car (2-7), and LSU (3-4). They lost to Bama by 4 TDs. They've beaten 1 good team. They're pretty good but certainly nothing special. If they get into the playoff because the B10 and Pac12 teams didn't play enough games, and then get their asses kicked by Bama (again) or Clemson or ND...OK? Will anyone even remember?

Your premise that Texas needs to fix its shit is totally true. Whatever A&M does or doesn't do is irrelevant to that point though. 

Let's not kid ourselves. A&M getting in the playoffs would be a huge recruiting boon for them and hurt us. It would be similar to OU getting the recruiting bump when they got into the playoffs even though they got blasted when they were there. Recruits don't think like us fans and analyze how they got there and whatnot. They see a team in the playoff that only needs to fill certain holes to win it all (which would be the pitch). We need to make a splash hire immediately to stop the bleeding or we would set ourselves back for few more years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

What's he going to opt out for? It's not like he's likely to get drafted at this point. Having to play under Herman has already destroyed his body but I doubt playing two/three more games will make much of a difference at this point.

(Although I would like to see him opt out so Thompson/Card could get the reps)

He still has a chance at an NFL future. He's risking injury.  He can't count on his blindside anymore.  He's taken enough hits for the university.  He's taken more hits than anyone in the country these four seasons, probably by a wide margin.  

Edited by RabidM

Just now, ShowMeALoss said:

Let's not kid ourselves. A&M getting in the playoffs would be a huge recruiting boon for them and hurt us. It would be similar to OU getting the recruiting bump when they got into the playoffs even though they got blasted when they were there. Recruits don't think like us fans and analyze how they got there and whatnot. They see a team in the playoff that only needs to fill certain holes to win it all (which would be the pitch). We need to make a splash hire immediately to stop the bleeding or we would set ourselves back for few more years.

I'm sure it would be good for them for a recruiting cycle. But if Texas hires the right coach, we'll be good. If we don't, we won't. That's true regardless of what A&M does. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The alcohol has been an issue from the get go. I don’t think it’s been anything too ridiculous like Sark, I think people just wonder if it affects his job.

I don’t think anything happened with a UT employee. More like being an adulterer doesn’t play great in momma’s living room. 

And the good news is I’m just an anonymous asshole on a message board so there’s zero reason to believe any of what I’m saying. 

But Tommy has been a naughty boy and it may cost him a hell of a lot more than his coaching job.

13 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Sam should opt out. He was already running for his life on most plays. The kid needs to think about his future. I doubt he will, but he's about to take a much worse beating that otherwise.  

He won’t but honestly should and Texas would benefit from giving Thompson/Card/Jackson live reps

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Lol at Cosmi opting out. He’ll be back at practice two days after quitting the program like nothing happened. Just like Eagles, Mitchell, Foster, anyone else that quit and came back. Awesome team chemistry we have. 

Not sure about this one. This is the smart career move. He’ll most likely be drafted in the first round in five months if he’s healthy. No need to risk it playing two more meaningless games.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Caddox said:

Yea maybe to make it more clear- Herman is a fvck up and we are done with him. He couldve won the Big 12 and still wouldve gotten fired. We have some bad press coming our way. I think it actually helps with UM. They hate each other. 

2 hours ago, Caddox said:

If Major Applewhite and Steve Sarkisian had a baby it would be Tom Herman. 

17 minutes ago, Caddox said:

The alcohol has been an issue from the get go. I don’t think it’s been anything too ridiculous like Sark, I think people just wonder if it affects his job.

I don’t think anything happened with a UT employee. More like being an adulterer doesn’t play great in momma’s living room. 

And the good news is I’m just an anonymous asshole on a message board so there’s zero reason to believe any of what I’m saying. 

But Tommy has been a naughty boy and it may cost him a hell of a lot more than his coaching job.

@UncleBuck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

What is magical about Tuesday? Why not tomorrow?

Herman’s salary that’s paid by Texas is on a December 1st to December 1st fiscal year I guess. The only way I can see that mattering is the university finishes paying his salary for 2020 then the donors step in to pay his buy out? 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas