Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

35 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry Hamilton reporting that Tom is hoping to receive a vote of confidence this evening - IT doesn't expect this to happen.

*I wonder if Herman skips his PC tomorrow if he doesn't get assurances from administration.

We can give him a vote of confidence...in being confident that he'll continue to fuck up if he was retained. End it now. Get this assclown out of here 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

If that is the case, I agree with him. If he is going to be fired no matter what I would prefer it be done as soon as practicable.

Yep. No point in having to do a press conference tomorrow and get asked questions about your job status when everyone already knows the answer. 

When Herman went 0-2 vs Maryland--which any average coached team with our talent would have beaten handily each year--whatever credibility he had was shot. Out of the gate, he shit the bed. Year two, when he should have mud holed a team with a replacement coach installed weeks before the season began, he dropped a double deuce.

Buh-bye, Tom. You're gonna have a year off to deal with your wife's divorce lawyers. In 5 years you'll be coaching at Minnesota or Washington State and working on culture by serving burnt toast and runny eggs to the players.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Herman wants to know now so that he can line up one of the open jobs.

I don’t know. If  any of the stuff being thrown about is half true, I think it’s more of a negotiation tactic by Tom. If he’s fired, he gets the buyout. If he’s fired for cause, they litigate over the causation.....and Herman seems to cast blame elsewhere frequently. Doesn’t seem like he’s going to think it’s his fault. If Texas is doing normal negotiation, they may be trying to get him to lower the buyout over an agreed confidentiality and he steps down for “personal reasons.“ Saves them both negative publicity.......:Not that I know anything beyond all the shit being posted. 

Edited by Daichee Bell

7 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

I don’t know. If  any of the stuff being thrown about is half true, I think it’s more of a negotiation tactic by Tom. If he’s fired, he gets the buyout. If he’s fired for cause, the litigate over the causation.....and Herman seems to cast blame elsewhere frequently. Doesn’t seem like he’s going to think it’s his fault. If Texas is doing normal negotiation, they may be trying to get him to lower the buyout over an agreed confidentiality and he steps down for “personal reasons.“ Saves them both negative publicity.......:Not that I know anything beyond all the shit being posted. 

0 chance in hell that CDC negotiates with terrorists. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

0 chance in hell that CDC negotiates with terrorists. 

Don’t give me wrong, in the end, I think he’s fired regardless. But you got to go through some steps to get there. If you can save yourself negative publicity and reduced buy out, then start there. Tom then blows up, you take the next step. 

Edited by Daichee Bell

16 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Is it not an option anymore to “reassign” a head coach to golf course maintenance director or something? Then if they want to leave they have to negotiate a buyout?

I assume agents have figured out how to prevent that in the contracts.

No. Employment agreements for key individuals will contain provisions restricting material reductions in responsibility/authority which, if breached, can trigger the employee's right to terminate the contract for cause and collect some sort of pre-determined termination fee (probably all of the remaining money on the contract or the buyout amount in place at that time).

3 minutes ago, Dummy said:

No. Employment agreements for key individuals will contain provisions restricting material reductions in responsibility/authority which, if breached, can trigger the employee's right to terminate the contract for cause and collect some sort of pre-determined termination fee (probably all of the remaining money on the contract or the buyout amount in place at that time).

Username definitely does not check out

• Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas