Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Nice. How many conference titles and national title shots did that get us? 

I love Sam. I want him to succeed. That doesn't mean we need to be revisionist about his career at Texas. He was dealt a relatively shitty hand and he handled it fine. If he finds more success at the pro level I'll be ecstatic - I was going nuts for every one of his big plays down the stretch today. 

I think some of you underestimate how deeply I bleed for Texas football simply because I didn't go to UT. You will never offend me by taking shots at my Alma mater. I don't regret where I went. I also don't have anything other than undying, emotionally unhealthy support for the football program at the University of Texas. 

This is what I'm wearing today and it was just what I grabbed in my closet that was clean.

16290600595975694201536465269216.thumb.jpg.15d38f6f29eea3eb94381e9fd5bdf845.jpg

Insult SMU all you want and question my allegiance all you want - I know who I am and where my heart lies at the end of the day. I had reasons for not attending UT and I'll be honest some days I think about what if. But most of the time I don't because I got away from my home town and had the best 3.5 years of my life. 

Hook 'em

jesus fucking christ, you are the one who posted a 'disbelieving' gif regarding Sam's penchant for interceptions.  I posted the above stat and you bring up fucking conference titles and national title shots?  What the fuck?  It's very simple, he didn't turn the ball over much during his career. No need to move the fucking goal posts.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I love Sam. I want him to succeed. That doesn't mean we need to be revisionist about his career at Texas. He was dealt a relatively shitty hand and he handled it fine. If he finds more success at the pro level I'll be ecstatic - I was going nuts for every one of his big plays down the stretch today. 

I think some of you underestimate how deeply I bleed for Texas football simply because I didn't go to UT. You will never offend me by taking shots at my Alma mater. I don't regret where I went. I also don't have anything other than undying, emotionally unhealthy support for the football program at the University of Texas. 

This is what I'm wearing today and it was just what I grabbed in my closet that was clean.

Insult SMU all you want and question my allegiance all you want - I know who I am and where my heart lies at the end of the day. I had reasons for not attending UT and I'll be honest some days I think about what if. But most of the time I don't because I got away from my home town and had the best 3.5 years of my life. 

Hook 'em

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

jesus fucking christ, you are the one who posted a 'disbelieving' gif regarding Sam's penchant for interceptions.  I posted the above stat and you bring up fucking conference titles and national title shots?  What the fuck?  It's very simple, he didn't turn the ball over much during his career. No need to move the fucking goal posts.

You took a lame shot at SMU to help get your shitty point across and I felt it a good opportunity to try and shut up the numerous fucks here that make fun of me for going to SMU. I am a bigger Texas football fan than most everyone that has a degree from Texas. Sorry that chaps your ass. Maybe pipe down next time. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If you think that is in any way a fair statement, considering the colossal goat-fuck that was Sam's coaching at Texas, you don't have the capacity for a rational conversation about football. It is over your head. You aren't intellectually capable of contributing. I feel sorry for whoever tried and failed to raise you.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

You took a lame shot at SMU to help get your shitty point across and I felt it a good opportunity to try and shut the numerous fucks here that make fun of me for going to SMU. I am a bigger Texas football fan than most everyone that has a degree from Texas. Sorry that chaps your ass. Maybe pipe down next time. 

dude, the SMU snark was a complete throw away line; don't get your panties in a bunch.  And no you are not a bigger Texas fan than blah blah blah, jesus christ nobody cares.

stay on the specific point of the argument, Sam Ehlinger's interceptions, rather than take further potshots on the bigger picture of the football program

anyway, love the ponies for the following:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hook 'em

nice humblebrag after getting an expensive chest wax

4 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

dude, the SMU snark was a complete throw away line; don't get your panties in a bunch.  And no you are not a bigger Texas fan than blah blah blah, jesus christ nobody cares.

stay on the specific point of the argument, Sam Ehlinger's interceptions, rather than take further potshots on the bigger picture of the football program

anyway, love the ponies for the following:

Getting your ass kicked by a preppy cheerleader while holding a lethal weapon is the most Aggie thing that was ever Aggied in all of Aggieness

Edited by DeadArmadillo
Oops
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Also, I haven't been following this thread.  But I know some this Ehlinger kid and another young man named Dakota Prescott.  

Is there some similarity there?  Can he carve out a career like Prescott?  I'm not a Longhorn, but he seems like a good dude and I used to live in Indy and have a soft spot in my heart for the Colts

• Hook 'Em 1

Feels fucking good to see Sam playing football again. I hope he does well and makes good connections so that he can always be involved in the sport in some capacity. He's exactly what the sport of football is all about. Grit, gamesmanship, intelligence, hard work and an absolutely insatiable desire to win. Fuck yeah, Sam! Hook 'em!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

If any other unlucky SOB's out there weren't able to catch the game you can see all of the highlights of each quarter on YouTube on a channel called Truong Trung Nguyen. And they're all 10-20 minutes long so they're pretty complete highlights.

Edited by ElChupacabra
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

In ‘07, the D and offensive line regressed after personnel losses. He turned the ball over more because he had less time to throw, was behind the chains more, and the defense sucked.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

BIG TIME

I am confused as to how you guys remember it that way. The 2007 defense was ranked 45th that year vs 58th for the 18 defense. The 07 defense had to deal with 26 turnovers, vs just 10 for the 18 defense. Had it not been for that, it probably would've been in the 20's instead of 40's. That 07 team ran at a 5 per carry clip vs 3.8 for the 18 squad. The only thing they were inferior at was turnovers. If they both played a clean game, the 07 squad would run over the 18 one.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, YeeYeeCTE said:

Alright awesome. Just tired of being called a Aggie or some shit out of nowhere lol. I still wear UT gear at Alabama and turned down an Alabama phone case when I toured so I’m as dedicated as it gets to the good guys.

giphy.gif

Could be called worse, someone accused me of being derkas dad when I was a newb...... he's dead now...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hopefully, there won’t be anymore Tebow comparisons for Sam. Tebow getting ripped on social media for his preseason debut as TE. 

sam > Tebow already as NFL QB. No comparison. I don’t get that comparison. Minny game will be big test for Sam. I thought Eason played well particularly in the 2 minute drill to end the half. Reich did say that while Sam made a poor throw on the INT the WR ran the wrong route. I thought Sam had great possessions after his INT. He does to be mindful of that next week. It’s a real competition between Eason and Sam. Hopefully, that was just a rough start…and it’s out of his system. Cowboys did not take their backup situation seriously. Most of the teams I watched seem to have a good problem in that regard. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I am confused as to how you guys remember it that way. The 2007 defense was ranked 45th that year vs 58th for the 18 defense. The 07 defense had to deal with 26 turnovers, vs just 10 for the 18 defense. Had it not been for that, it probably would've been in the 20's instead of 40's. That 07 team ran at a 5 per carry clip vs 3.8 for the 18 squad. The only thing they were inferior at was turnovers. If they both played a clean game, the 07 squad would run over the 18 one.

I was responding to “Colt regressed in 2007” which statistically was true (but it was the environment) and was comparing the 2007 team with the 2006 team.

But to your point, the 2018 team would match up well vs the 2007 team. They would roll out Robert Killebrew to line up against Lil Jordan Humphrey (as they did Jordy Nelson). Up 34-14, Colt would mount a furious comeback to win 42-37.

So Sam was playing w a NFL caliber tight end in high school and we didn’t offer? Was he a late bloomer or was it our typical dumbassery?

Quick Google, he went to rice. Nobody wanted him. I’m guessing he was just a late bloomer. Sam was playing with a 2 star TE that nobody wanted.
  • Like 1

This thread is such a shitshow already thought I'd add to it.

I was at a bar today. Playing pool. Lining up a shot in a friendly doubles game with a couple girls involved. Dude at the table next to me sees my shirt (the Rose Bowl 2006 polo) and declares "When was Texas ever in the Rose Bowl!" Soon after he announces himself as a Georgia fan. We exchange common pleasantries such as "you don't have a title in 40 years", "We beat your ass last meeting" (and from the other side) "you won't be shit in the SEC", "I'm an insecure pussy that has never seen my team win a national championship" (alright maybe that last one was made up). 

This fuck - swear to God - comes over to my table and hits my cue ball. Fortunately that was as ugly as is got as I was sober enough to not rock him in the fucking face but it was an absolutely stunning display of classlessness. 

I swear some of you thought I was kidding or posturing when I made comments in the realignment thread like "fuck the entire SEC they can all fuck off we're about to own their entire conference" but maybe you just need more interactions like the one that I just had this afternoon. 

They are a bunch of mouth breathing, tunnel vision fucks that are way overdue for some ass whippings. @ChiTownDoc feel free to join in - these hicks need a reality check. 

I almost wish I was little bit more out of it to rock that piece of trash in the jaw. 

But, you know, no one's banned from a bar or in jail or icing a jaw so fuck it.

4 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

stay on the specific point of the argument, Sam Ehlinger's interceptions

So "stay on the point of the argument" like you were clearly incapable of doing when you took a lame shot at an admittedly horrible football program from the last 30 years. 

The only people repping you are olds that are still somehow pissed about the dicking SMU laid on UT in '85.  

Go ahead and beat up the disabled kid. I've suffered through the same shit that you have, Einstein. 

Edited by ztejas

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This thread is such a shitshow already thought I'd add to it.

I was at a bar today. Playing pool. Lining up a shot in a friendly doubles game with a couple girls involved. Dude at the table next to me sees my shirt (the Rose Bowl 2006 polo) and declares "When was Texas ever in the Rose Bowl!" Soon after he announces himself as a Georgia fan. We exchange common pleasantries such as "you don't have a title in 40 years", "We beat your ass last meeting" (and from the other side) "you won't be shit in the SEC", "I'm an insecure pussy that has never seen my team win a national championship" (alright maybe that last one was made up). 

This fuck - swear to God - comes over to my table and hits my cue ball. Fortunately that was as ugly as is got as I was sober enough to not rock him in the fucking face but it was an absolutely stunning display of classlessness. 

I swear some of you thought I was kidding or posturing when I made comments in the realignment thread like "fuck the entire SEC they can all fuck off we're about to own their entire conference" but maybe you just need more interactions like the one that I just had this afternoon. 

They are a bunch of mouth breathing, tunnel vision fucks that are way overdue for some ass whippings. @ChiTownDoc feel free to join in - these hicks need a reality check. 

I almost wish I was little bit more out of it to rock that piece of trash in the jaw. 

But, you know, no one's banned from a bar or in jail or icing a jaw so fuck it.

You can’t let them get you worked up.  Just laugh and call them idiot hillbillies.  ‘Shouldn’t you be fucking your sister right about now?’  ‘Or is it my turn?’

Then drill a sweet Massé shot.  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You can’t let them get you worked up.  Just laugh and call them idiot hillbillies.  ‘Shouldn’t you be fucking your sister right about now?’  ‘Or is it my turn?’

Then drill a sweet Massé shot.  

He was such a fucking idiot I was actually amazed. The fact that I was wearing a burnt orange vestige festuring a Rose Bowl logo on it enraged him enough to get kicked out of 80% of bars in Austin (sans one of the 20% I was at).

It was broken up fairly quickly because I was very much trying not to escalate it. But by the end of it I'm pretty sure he was aware that he's never seen Georgia win a national title and that the last time we met it was a mudfucking. 

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah I think after today it's finally settled. Sam is just a bad to mediocre player who has no business in the NFL. 

Buncha stupid fucks up in here.  

A bunch of these regards think OU sucks.  I wouldn’t get too hung up on what they have to say…

Now that we are SEC bros I can make these jokes, right guys?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A bunch of these regards think OU sucks.  I wouldn’t get too hung up on what they have to say…

Now that we are SEC bros I can make these jokes, right guys?

well, OU does in fact suck, just not at football lately...

• Hook 'Em 3