Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

36 minutes ago, Balcones said:

To where?

If Herman stays, Clemson? Good coaching may really help and give them an experienced QB and let that other QB learn for another year.

Edited by DanTheHorn
Only if Herman stays and Sam wants to play another year and can't stand the asshole

Okay this is more fucking infuriating than Sam's performance this year. How the fuck did the coaches, trainers, doctors, or whoever the fuck not recognize this sooner and replace him sooner? 

The senior quarterback will get an MRI on his right shoulder this afternoon.

Ehlinger suffered the injury on the team’s third offensive series but pushed through until halftime.

Of note: Sam told Casey to get ready, midway in the 2Q.

I’ll admit, watching him (2nd greatest statistical QB in Texas history) in a sling reminded me of Colt McCoy, the greatest statistical QB in Texas history, in his final game.

This is where the cowboy rides away.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Okay this is more fucking infuriating than Sam's performance this year. How the fuck did the coaches, trainers, doctors, or whoever the fuck not recognize this sooner and replace him sooner? 

I mean, there wasn’t an obvious hit where he was show to get up, and he never called for a trainer. At that point if he doesn’t say anything I’m not sure how you expect someone to detect it.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I think he's coming back and it's going to cause all sorts of problems.

With a new HC he probably leaves, and that's fine; we see what Casey has to offer.

If Herman stays, he will undoubtedly try to use Casey as a battering ram the same way he used Sam, and Casey will inevitably get hurt. So in that scenario I definitely don't mind Sam coming back, at least as insurance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

With a new HC he probably leaves, and that's fine; we see what Casey has to offer.

If Herman stays, he will undoubtedly try to use Casey as a battering ram the same way he used Sam, and Casey will inevitably get hurt. So in that scenario I definitely don't mind Sam coming back, at least as insurance.

If Sam comes back Casey is as good as gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Weren’t there orthopedic docs on here saying Sam was playing with a partially torn rotator cuff since at least the OU game?

This question needs to be answered,  no doubt.  Injuries and their timing always baffle me.  Seems to me that QBs especially try to hide injuries, of course they want to play every down.  Colt's last injury was one of the few I knew right away; he was done.  

The bottom line for Sam is this:  With a throwing shoulder injury there is no combine, no Texas pro day, which means nobody is drafting him.  Is that how he wants to go out?  He was already at the bottom of the draft.  

I don't see him coming back to Texas, period.  

If he wants to do one year somewhere else before trying the pros, go ahead.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

This question needs to be answered,  no doubt.  Injuries and their timing always baffle me.  Seems to me that QBs especially try to hide injuries, of course they want to play every down.  Colt's last injury was one of the few I knew right away; he was done.  

The bottom line for Sam is this:  With a throwing shoulder injury there is no combine, no Texas pro day, which means nobody is drafting him.  Is that how he wants to go out?  He was already at the bottom of the draft.  

I don't see him coming back to Texas, period.  

If he wants to do one year somewhere else before trying the pros, go ahead.  

Won't he probably need surgery if its a torn rotator cuff?  He definitely needs another year before going trying to go pro.

It’s just a weird COVID quirk, but I was playing on college football reference today and realized that if Sam and Shane each return for super senior seasons (and Sam plays), they’ll both likely end up top 10 all-time in passing yards. Shane would have a good shot at top 5. 

14 minutes ago, Mole said:

It’s just a weird COVID quirk, but I was playing on college football reference today and realized that if Sam and Shane each return for super senior seasons (and Sam plays), they’ll both likely end up top 10 all-time in passing yards. Shane would have a good shot at top 5. 

Buechele declared for the draft before Christmas. I can see him working up some boards after Lawrence and Fields. After those two it's a crap shoot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

Jones, Trask, NDSU guy, Wilson, and others are well in front of Boosh.

Trask tanked himself last night. He's dropping for sure. Jones is alright but gotta wonder how much of that is him, or the weapons he has to work with. I'm not particularly sold on Wilson. I fully believe Boosh can work himself up in the middle of those guys with a good pro day and workouts. 

I mean Daniel fucking Jones and Mitch Trubisky were first round picks. Anything can happen lol 

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Trask tanked himself last night. He's dropping for sure. Jones is alright but gotta wonder how much of that is him, or the weapons he has to work with. I'm not particularly sold on Wilson. I fully believe Boosh can work himself up in the middle of those guys with a good pro day and workouts. 

I mean Daniel fucking Jones and Mitch Trubisky were first round picks. Anything can happen lol 

lol indeed ...

On 12/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, satyanash said:

what a stupid fucking award. student athlete "of faith". unless that faith happens to be one of the dozens of faiths that isn't protestant christianity. i'd love to the SEC country's reaction if we made a huge deal about an award for the best Muslim player in college football.

edited to add: i mean just saying it out loud- "the award for the best Christian college football player". wow that is something else. nothing like injecting religion into sports. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

what a stupid fucking award. student athlete "of faith". unless that faith happens to be one of the dozens of faiths that isn't protestant christianity. i'd love to the SEC country's reaction if we made a huge deal about an award for the best Muslim player in college football.

edited to add: i mean just saying it out loud- "the award for the best Christian college football player". wow that is something else. nothing like injecting religion into sports. 

Yeah !!! AMERICA !!!

feel better?

also, Sam should not be a finalist for an award that goes to the player "who most epitomizes being a student athlete of faith", because he does not epitomize what it means to be a person "of faith", ie being a judgmental, hypocritical, narrow minded person who thinks all muslims are terrorists yet thinks Joel Osteen was chosen by God Almighty to lead the masses. Sam is better than that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

also, Sam should not be a finalist for an award that goes to the player "who most epitomizes being a student athlete of faith", because he does not epitomize what it means to be a person "of faith", ie being a judgmental, hypocritical, narrow minded person who thinks all muslims are terrorists yet thinks Joel Osteen was chosen by God Almighty to lead the masses. Sam is better than that.

image.gif.837d935e0763076a20230faeaa15e418.gif

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I mean, it’s an award put out by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, so I’m not sure what you expect. Colt beat out Tebow for it in 2009, so they have better judgement than you might think.

The Saint Luigi Scrosoppi Catholic Kicker award would probably have a sweet trophy.

Also, the all Muslim NBA all-time team would be loaded in the post.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mole said:

I mean, it’s an award put out by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, so I’m not sure what you expect. Colt beat out Tebow for it in 2009, so they have better judgement than you might think.

The Saint Luigi Scrosoppi Catholic Kicker award would probably have a sweet trophy.

Also, the all Muslim NBA all-time team would be loaded in the post.

that last line is pretty funny/true.

still, my incredulity at finding out that this is an award is really based on the fact that you could never have an what is apparently a somewhat major/nationally recognized award like this for any other faith. this really grinds my gears because it's un-American as shit, and yet the people who eat up/appreciate an award like this- the freedom loving men and women of faith- are the same woulda who would straight up revolt if any other religious faith were granted such an award. can you imagine those same folks reaction if Nate Boyer was given the Satanic Temple Award for the college football player who most embodies the spirit of defending freedom? methinks that these same freedom loving, God worshipping patriots would not take too kindly to that one. bottom line- separation of church and sports is a good thing, at least at this level of sport. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

Uh oh.

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/34175-coach-rick-barnes-unconstitutionally-infuses-christianity-in-ut-s-basketball-program

Coach Rick Barnes unconstitutionally infuses Christianity in UT’s basketball program

The article explained that Barnes teamed up with Chris Walker, the campus director for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, in order to help bring Christianity into the university’s basketball program. Together they established “power talks” — talks done before games that “focus on faith.” One of these “power talks” even led some players on the team to get Christian tattoos. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Dude, there is a lot of praying and goddamning involved in college football..... especially when it comes to Tom Herman. No better place to see it expressed & repeated than right here in these forums after every loss.

Edited by Armybrat

NFL sees what they want to see. Any front office that likes Trask (and they will - big, white, pretty good arm) will just write the cotton bowl off as Florida being so short on weapons. And while there’s some truth to that, a first or second round pick shouldn’t be throwing 3 INTs vs OU.
  • Hook 'Em 2