Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

That's exactly the kind of athlete I want representing my school. He committed to a school, not to a coach or as part of a package deal. He just locked in on being a Longhorn when he was a little kid, then grew into the dream. Once he got to campus, he carried way more than his share of the weight for years. I'll always remember him way more for what he achieved than what he didn't. Hook 'em, Sam. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Thanks, Sam, for giving it your all. And as I stated earlier in this thread, I believe he absolutely trolled the fuck out of Turtle and I hope it contributed to his firing.

clcayjfuyaek1le.jpg

Like I said, last true Longhorn.

He won me over forever on that assessment in that very moment.

• Hook 'Em 3

feel free to back that up with some quotes from me that support your argument any time. 
this is what happens when grown men get all caught up in their feelings over a kid who plays college football. a bunch of 20-something fans who don't know any try to claim that Sam Ehlinger is some UT football legend, and when you scoff at such a ridiculous take they act like you hate Sam Ehlinger. i love Sam; what i hate is the insane fellating and exalting of Sam by our fans. pretty simple difference. 
pound sand aggy moron

2 hours ago, alphahorn said:

Sam may not realize it today, but he will some day - he's probably the most beloved of the living former players. I've been around a long time and I can't recall a player who bled burnt orange as much as Sam, other than perhaps Earl.  We didn't get the crystal ball like we did with Vince or the Heisman of Earl and Ricky, but he gave 4 years of blood and guts through some pretty rough times.  He'll probably make a fine coach some day.  Who knows maybe the last chapter of his UT story is yet to be written.

He's not quite at Earl's level.  But he's ahead of everyone else.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would have liked him to stick around another year, but he had a few scares, and shit he's given us four tough years, can't be upset with that or think about what could have been.

University Of Texas Softball GIF by Texas Longhorns

Hook 'em Sam.  Yeah, he'd taken enough beating without getting paid for it.  It was time for him to move on and start getting $$$s.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:01 AM, Pam Cummings said:

And yeah, idk about "Texas legend". Most people don't get to start at that position for 4 years, and he only beat OU once.

Well, my twins were born on TX/OU weekend 2 years ago. They are named Sam and Lil Jordan for a reason. Hook ‘em Sam!

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 2

Will always remember Sam with the fondest of memories.  He's a throwback.  A player who harkens back to a long forgotten era.  He's tough, dedicated and selfless.  Team success meant more than individual accolades and he was part of keeping a program together through a huge transition process (he was associated with 3 head coaches here).  Sam was a class act and rugged leader.  Program needs more Sams and I wish him the best in all of hist future endeavors.  Hook em', Sam.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, shadow_operative said:

fucking hilarious. do you really want me to bring up what happened when this thread was first started? i originally started the Sam Ehlinger thread and you deleted it literally 5 or 6 times because you were all pissy that i was the one who started it. everyone kept asking why the thread was being deleted over and over, and it was all because of your insane obsession with me. and you want to talk about this thread being derka'd. hilarious.

i haven't said anything here that hasn't been said by countless other people. Sam Ehlinger is not a Texas football legend. There's nothing besides his birthplace that separates him from Major Applewhite or James Brown. My refuting the idea that he's some legendary player/going against the surly circle jerk does not = "omfg derka'd!!!". not even close. one time back on shaggy some guy started a thread about his sobriety and i told him that i hoped he started drinking again and slowly died of alcoholism. That is what "derka'd" means. me not slurping Sam Ehlinger does not equal "derka'd", and you guys whining about it without posting a single substantive refutation is par for the course on your site immamac. rampant groupthink, very little substance, and banning people who disagree with you/hurt your feelings. if you disagree with something that i've said then quote it and refute it. otherwise quit crying that i don't have the same bombastic view of Sam Ehlinger as his zealots. 

lmao, look at the beginning of this thread:

B9C2BD7F-1445-4827-BE69-C039DE70B327.jpeg

Seems like I somehow didn't post my first response to this aggy.

TD passes 1.  Colt.  2. Sam

Passing yards 1. Colt  2. Sam

Starts at QB 1. Colt  2. Sam

Most QB wins 1.  Colt 2.  Vince  3. Bobby 4. Sam

Most completions career 1. Colt 2. Sam

And pretty much every passing stat Sam is 1 or 2 behind Colt

Most consecutive passes without INT 1. Sam  2.  Sam  3. Major 4. Sam

Most TDs in season 1 & 2 Ricky  3&4 Cedric  5T Earl and Jamaal  7 Sam

Most TDs career 1. Ricky 2. Cedric  3. Earl  4. Vince  5T Steve, Jamaal and Cody Johnson  8.  Sam

Other than Cody Johnson, everybody ahead of him is recognized with just one name.  Sam IS a Longhorn legend.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

certain players on the 40 created their legend for burnt orange eternity with a single play, word or action.

for example, herpa-derp will never buy a drink or a meal in the state.

sam's was pwning the smurf....

TAKE THE LOSS, PUSSY

Agreed that the ou victory against smurf was his career highlight, but ramming in that 4-down goal line touchdown against Georgia was also fantastic. 

• Hook 'Em 3