USC v. Texas Discussion - Let It Begin

Wally Pryor

16 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its gonna be a monsoon at the game

That should work in Texas favor.  USC run defense is shit and even with Ingram out Texas should be able to get yards on the ground with Watson, Young, and Ehlinger.  They need to commit to Sam being the de facto FB who occasionally passes.

Texas 24 (8 Dicker FG's)

Trojans  17

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That should work in Texas favor.  USC run defense is shit and even with Ingram out Texas should be able to get yards on the ground with Watson, Young, and Ehlinger.  They need to commit to Sam being the de facto FB who occasionally passes.

So, you're saying we are going to pass. A lot. Mike Leach style. 

My prediction:

Texas 17 

USC 21 

Ehlinger interceptions in the 4th quarter = 2

Alcohol consumed = all of it

That said, our o-line does legitimately look better, so maybe we can turn it around IF we run tempo all game so that Sam doesn't get in his own head. I also have faith our defense will continue to improve throughout the year. 

Somebody wants to win at Texas..hope it spreads!

Coming from Cal, Watson should be extra hyped up for this game. Important since we will be missing Ingram. From what I have seen, Watson can do enough for us to win, if he is given the chance.

Edited by pacman

22 minutes ago, pacman said:

Coming from Cal, Watson should be extra hyped up for this game. Important since we will be missing Ingram. From what I have seen, Watson can do enough for us to win, if he is given the chance.

Foster seems like he plays hard and gives shit. Lets hope our culture aids doesn't get to him till maybe he is a junior or some shit

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I don't understand this belief that Stanford has some kind of powerhouse offense.  I'm not even sure it's materially better than ours.  Their OL and running game has taken a huge step back this year with the loss of Mike Bloomgren.

Just be happy we don't have to play them 

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I don't understand this belief that Stanford has some kind of powerhouse offense.  I'm not even sure it's materially better than ours.  Their OL and running game has taken a huge step back this year with the loss of Mike Bloomgren.

Guess "walker little" is a fitting username for their OLine kid 

18 minutes ago, staboner said:

Foster seems like he plays hard and gives shit. Lets hope our culture aids doesn't get to him till maybe he is a junior or some shit

May be time for some Alphas in this 2018 Class to provide more Leadership on this Team.... Sterns, Foster, Cook and Ingram look the part.  Possibly a healthy Dele, Eagles, Moore and Jamison start adding more production as well.... and of course the Kickers.

Not impressed by CAPTAINS on this Team so far.... this Team lacks Leadership from its Upperclassmen..... probably why they struggle with consistency so much.  

If ORLANDO gets his Defense to play a lot more physically and sack the QB more, TEXAS has a decent chance to beat USC....

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May be time for some Alphas in this 2018 Class to provide more Leadership on this Team.... Sterns, Foster, Cook and Ingram look the part.  Possibly a healthy Dele, Eagles, Moore and Jamison start adding more production as well.... and of course the Kickers.

Not impressed by CAPTAINS on this Team so far.... this Team lacks Leadership from its Upperclassmen..... probably why they struggle with consistency so much.  

If ORLANDO gets his Defense to play a lot more physically and sack the QB more, TEXAS has a decent chance to beat USC....

Why are you shouting the words "Captains," "Orlando," and "Texas"?

6 hours ago, pacman said:

Both Foster and Sterns want to be great and are putting in extra work

PJ Locke quote:  On Caden Sterns: "Caden is a playmaker. He's not a rah-rah guy who talks a lot but he's a student of the game. You can tell by the notes that he takes in meetings, they actually grade us on that and he had some of the better notes. He's always in the film room, he's always working with GA's trying to get pointers on opponents. His play does show on the field." 

Maybe we've found some leadership in the 2018 Class....

Edited by LTtxfan

Stubhub  has seats for $90.
Come out and be loud!!!
I'm actually tempted, the original reason I didn't get tix isn't a thing any more, but..

don't know if I should do it to myself. Still going to Dallas in October no matter what, already girding my loins for that..
  • Like 1

Wonder why anyone would expect a team to get up for usc when they didn’t wake up for Maryland who embarrassed them in our house last year.

Not  a lot of fire on this team and  coupled with pathetic execution, I am expecting a loss with continued smirkfest by Tater Tom in postgame and Monday staged “ press conference “ fakery.

23 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Wonder why anyone would expect a team to get up for usc when they didn’t wake up for Maryland who embarrassed them in our house last year.

Not  a lot of fire on this team and  coupled with pathetic execution, I am expecting a loss with continued smirkfest by Tater Tom in postgame and Monday staged “ press conference “ fakery.

Dude don't you realize how hard it is to win? 

18 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I predict dampness...

I see a lot of fuss about rain, but little to merit the hysteria. Percentages are like mid 50’s for 3-7 tailagate time and not even out of the teens for game hours. What’s the freak out about? It was over 70% all day for Tulsa and we didn’t see a drop. 

10 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Great point, post more:

Ummm...did you even watch the shit you just posted?  Less than half of it was Tre Watson running the ball, and when he did, it was nothing to write home about.  That video made my point.

You go ahead and believe the Tre Watson we have, post-knee surgery, has that same burst.

Watson is a JAG.  And just because he's the best running back in our shitty RB room doesn't mean he has the ability to shake USC.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

5 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I see a lot of fuss about rain, but little to merit the hysteria. Percentages are like mid 50’s for 3-7 tailagate time and not even out of the teens for game hours. What’s the freak out about? It was over 70% all day for Tulsa and we didn’t see a drop. 

You just guaranteed it would be a deluge.  Thanks.  

lmao.  Texas has gone from 7.1 projected wins (per S&P+) in August to 6.5 following the first two games while USC has gone from 8.1 projected wins to 6.5.  S&P+ likes us in this game because, while both USC and Texas have been disappointing this season, USC has disappointed to a greater degree than Texas.  Whoopie! 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Tell me why I'm wrong.  I'm not so closed-minded that I can't admit when I'm wrong.  

Tre Watson is not a JAG. Is he as good as Ingram? No, obviously not. But he is a solid RB and has played well, and will be crucial in this game. Sorry that you can't see that.

18 minutes ago, Sejjr said:
  1. Tre Watson is not a JAG. Is he as good as Ingram? No, obviously not. But he is a solid RB and has played well, and will be crucial in this game. Sorry that you can't see that.

Totally agree he has played well and will be crucial in this game.  But in watching both games, he does nothing special.  He's better than Porter, so there's that.  

My point was that Ingram would have been a difference maker vs. USC.  He can create when there's nothing there.  He has the burst to turn the corner.  You're right, Watson will be a solid running back.  But he won't give us the extra ability of a guy like Ingram.  

Edited by Ghost of Shag

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

It's not uncommon at all for new coaches to alienate, cull and otherwise overlook players who are in place when they arrive at their new job. The coaches are looking for leaders within their OWN guys, guys who buy completely into what they're selling. Frequently players who have spent 3,4,5 years trying to win and failing to do so just don't give a fuck much about "team" anymore and new regimes don't often care much about those guys. It's not much different from the business world in that regard.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrangeSatire, LLC said:

Doesn't Thanos technically lose by the end of this movie?

The point is, he'll have one kick ass victory thinking he's reached that point he's always dreamed about........only to be defeated by the Avengers BMDs in the final act year three of his contract. End scene.