Texas vs USC Game Thread

Vertigo

I liked what I saw in the second half with this team. It seemed like they played hungry, with more confidence and an edge I haven’t seen in a long time. I felt like I could see it build as the game went on. It was nice once again to see an opponent of ours with a deer in the headlights look. You could see when they understood they were done. I can remember when that happened more frequently. Some may pass this game off as USC just sucks so bad that this is a false read. But we’ve played a lot of suckass teams in the recent past and still looked like shit, even when getting a W. Even if this turns out to be a red herring, I’m going to be gruntled at least until our next game. It’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed one of our games this much. I’m gonna roll with it while I can. Hook’em bitches!

• Like 2

The Trojans are not a good team. We still played much better than we did in either of the first two games, but this is just a small step. We were favored for a reason, Southern Cal looked as poorly coached and dumb in their first two games as we did.
Still. If Helton doesn't torpedo the program Daniels is one of those USC qbs that wins the Heisman. That boy gonna be good.

1) imma enjoy the shit outta this win

2) that usc team is trash and like others have said, wont make a bowl. Helton may get fired in december. Some of the worst pussy coaching ive ever seen

3) team played well in 2nd half. However;

- our punt block is soooo shitty. Tcu gonna block a fuck ton of punts

- why the fuck were we throwing the ball in the 4th quarter. Play calling was still pretty shitty

- USC could have tried to make it more of a game, but its crystal clear they gave up after the blocked FG kick

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just got back (took my daughter, she hadn’t been to a game in several years). Welll...that was nice.

First quarter was EXACTLY as crappy as I expected (and as a bonus, the D stunk, too).

After that, I was surprised, and happily so. They played with intensity, and established real momentum. Is this a good team? I still don’t think they’re very good...but they showed that they can maybe be good enough.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The Trojans are not a good team. We still played much better than we did in either of the first two games, but this is just a small step. We were favored for a reason, Southern Cal looked as poorly coached and dumb in their first two games as we did.

Texas stomps USC on the same day Temple stomps Maryland. College football is nuts. 

• Like 1