Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, as a fellow Beto voter, it would be a pleasure to knock that cunt smooth the fuck out.  Jesus what a punchable face. 

As a beto hater I agree.  Cruz has one of the most punchable faces in politics.  He's smarmy and douchey for sure.  That said it's amazing the dems found a douchey little weasel with many of the same qualities to run against cruz.  I'd spend good money on a PPV cage match between them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ted ruined Heidi’s life

Holy shit.   Didn’t realize Heidi was a beard. 

Which is how Heidi found herself planning a May wedding to a man who, for all his pretension, insisted they play “A Whole New World,” the popular Disney song, at the end of the ceremony. She didn’t understand: They had a band, she told him—a violinist, no less! Why on earth would they play a CD? “Because no one can do Aladdin,” he said. She relented, and it became a theme of sorts. Or that’s how she remembers it, anyway. On a magic carpet ride.

I really like Jim Schutze a lot, believe it or not. I've been reading him for a decade plus now, even if I don't always agree.

I agree with him though that it seems like a horrible idea and immoral for Beto to give money away to others just because they have a D next to their name. If I were one of the centrists who don't typically like Democrats or their policies but really am inspired and caught up with enjoying Beto and I gave to him, how disheartening would it be to find out that your money went to someone lame Democrat somewhere else? The whole concept of making an impact by giving to Beto and helping him, specifically, would be erased and I'd feel financially betrayed a little bit. 

I get that those on the left who give wouldn't care, they'd be all for it, wherever the need is, but the unprecedented levels of giving to Beto suggests that it's not just the usual suspects like that giving, but a new crop of people who specifically want Beto to have their money and not his lessers in the D party.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Ted ruined Heidi’s life

Which is how Heidi found herself planning a May wedding to a man who, for all his pretension, insisted they play “A Whole New World,” the popular Disney song, at the end of the ceremony. She didn’t understand: They had a band, she told him—a violinist, no less! Why on earth would they play a CD? “Because no one can do Aladdin,” he said. She relented, and it became a theme of sorts. Or that’s how she remembers it, anyway. On a magic carpet ride.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It would have been fine if he had murdered someone, though.

Maybe not immoral, but if I donate money to you because of a stated reason and you then turn around and give it to someone else, wouldn't that be...something? Maybe immoral was a poor choice of words.

I just think of myself, and if I donate money to someone on GoFundMe or something for a stated reason and for a specific person. I wouldn't be pleased if they turned around and gave that money to someone else. Like I said, Beto has received a ton of money from a bunch of uncommon and irregular places compared to conventional and commonplace democratic funds/fundraising. Just assuming it's okay to give away that money to others is a risky assumption, I would think. And apparently Democrats like Schutze agree?

Edited by Guest

I'm really curious to see Heidi on stage with Trump next week.  My guess is that she won't be there.  

CNN yesterday had a GOP former staffer of McConnell on.  They asked him about Cruz and Trump's relationship.  He said that politics forces forgiveness but he admitted that if he were Cruz, he would still be very pissed off at Trump.

Driving in the woodlands

theres a billboard with Beto’s name in his classic font and black and white colors but it gives the website DoYouKnowBeto.com or something like that.
is this a radical right wing site trying to smear?
Yes:

"Paid for by Texans Are. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. TexansAre.com"

3 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Driving in the woodlands

theres a billboard with Beto’s name in his classic font and black and white colors but it gives the website DoYouKnowBeto.com or something like that.

is this a radical right wing site trying to smear?

Smear. Paid for by Texansare. Website texansare.com. it ain't subtle. 

An excerpt. 

Beto is just another radical liberal politician. He thinks we should “open up the border” between Texas and Mexico.1Says no to additional resources for Texas law enforcement officers2 but says yes to taxpayer-funded healthcare and lawyers for illegal immigrants.3 He has used his government positions to make a quick buck 4 and even tried to influence a federal judge when one of his campaign donors stole $250 million.5 Beto is simply too liberal for Texas.6 Texans deserve the truth about Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke.

It's a bunch of misrepresentative, lying bullshit. 

So Ted's private reaction to Trump shitting on his wife was... excitement? 

But really, she stressed: The photo didn’t bother her. She was able to regard the situation rationally—just like her husband. “These things don’t bother Ted. He’s not saying, ‘Oh, I feel so bad; they think my wife’s ugly. You’re so pretty, Heidi. You’re not ugly,’” she said. “He’s like, ‘Hah! That was the worst move he’s ever made.’” She laughed at the memory.

19 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It mirrors his complete inability in the debate to give a single example of something he likes outside of politics. Literally nothing else matters to him.

27 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Heidi isn't bad looking for her age.  She also brings more to the table in brains and personality than Melania.  Not to mention earning potential.  She's a catch.  Not sure what she sees in Ted.  The guy really has no likable qualities.  I guess its just that weird Christian cult upbringing she could never fully reject.

Or maybe Ted's just her beard.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Heidi isn't bad looking for her age.  She also brings more to the table in brains and personality than Melania.  Not to mention earning potential.  She's a catch.  Not sure what she sees in Ted.  The guy really has no likable qualities.  I guess its just that weird Christian cult upbringing she could never fully reject.

She said she thought he looked like a 50s movie star.  

Think about the mind that arrives at that conclusion.

30 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

“These things don’t bother Ted. He’s not saying, ‘Oh, I feel so bad; they think my wife’s ugly. You’re so pretty, Heidi. You’re not ugly,’” she said. “He’s like, ‘Hah! That was the worst move he’s ever made.’” She laughed at the memory.

narrator: then he adjusted his skin suit and smiled like a frog, for it was obvious that political comeuppance would be soon at hand, no matter the damage it might do to his wife's self-esteem. 

however, while political comeuppance was indeed at hand, it did not come in the form that ted cruz expected.

CruzSad1.png

• Haha 1

It's well known in political circles he was having an affair about five years ago. I've seen pics of the chick and she would have been way, way out of his league if he weren't Senator Ted. 
Not that I really care when politicians cheat on their spouses, but it would be a fun October surprise for this story to break. If nothing else, watching the mental gymnastics from the values crowd would be good sport. Could obviously also help get shitty Senator rejoiced.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not that I really care when politicians cheat on their spouses, but it would be a fun October surprise for this story to break. If nothing else, watching the mental gymnastics from the values crowd would be good sport. Could obviously also help get shitty Senator rejoiced.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The values crowd supported and continue to support dotard. You've already seen the mental gymnastics they will perform.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

His biggest mistake was doing debates. As soon as that happens he has no chance. The 2016 Democratic playbook is a loser and they seem to learn nothing from it. 

Empty suit with no plan for the economy, no plan for health care (except for the middle class to take on more burden), embracing illegal immigration and ignores the middle class completely 

All identity politics 

democrats: too good for middle America

should be a campaign slogan. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The 2016 Democratic playbook is a loser and they seem to learn nothing from it. 

Empty suit with no plan for the economy,

Would "no plan for the economy" be better or worse than "the worst fucking possible plan for the economy"?

Asking for a non-retarded friend.

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

The Castro brothers always look to me like they could play the weasely twins in charge of an uncool cartel in Narcos or Chapo.

This caused an unexpected laugh on a conference call just now.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Or maybe Ted's just her beard.

I didn't know that she went to McKenna.   There's a slight chance that I might of fucked her.  I lived in Claremont for a time, and I got my share from CMC, Pitzer, and Scripps (at least the small contingent of non-lesbos at Scripps). Pomona, not so much. Harvey Mudd not at all (NTTAWWT).

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I didn't know that she went to McKenna.   There's a slight chance that I might of fucked her.  I lived in Claremont for a time, and I got my share from CMC, Pitzer, and Scripps (at least the small contingent of non-lesbos at Scripps). Pomona, not so much. Harvey Mudd not at all (NTTAWWT).

Great, you're now Eskimo brothers with a reptilian life form.

• Haha 1

i have to think that cruz is making a mistake by giving beto the stage to himself tonight. 

but then again, he may be doing himself a favor by not taking the stage tonight.

if i was a cruz strategist, i think i tell him to go there, don't attack beto, throw red meat out, and take up some time.

30 minutes (or 24, assuming commercials or whatever) for beto is better than 60 (or 48) for a comfortable beto who doesn't have to share the stage. that's his game; that's where he is most comfortable.

46 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

His biggest mistake was doing debates. As soon as that happens he has no chance. The 2016 Democratic playbook is a loser and they seem to learn nothing from it. 

Empty suit with no plan for the economy, no plan for health care (except for the middle class to take on more burden), embracing illegal immigration and ignores the middle class completely 

All identity politics 

democrats: too good for middle America

should be a campaign slogan. 

Unfortunately the party in opposition to the sitting President doesn’t produce plans because they can’t get them signed into law.  Basically the playbook is to obstruct the president.  With exception of a few years that’s been the process since 1995.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i have to think that cruz is making a mistake by giving beto the stage to himself tonight. 

but then again, he may be doing himself a favor by not taking the stage tonight.

if i was a cruz strategist, i think i tell him to go there, don't attack beto, throw red meat out, and take up some time.

30 minutes (or 24, assuming commercials or whatever) for beto is better than 60 (or 48) for a comfortable beto who doesn't have to share the stage. that's his game; that's where he is most comfortable.

Seems like Cruz is conceding Beto an hour long commercial on cnn.  I imagine it will bring into a fair amount of more money for Beto which will translate to some amount of votes.   

10 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Zero chance you might "of" fucked her.

(The Claremont Colleges were my safety schools.)

Doh.  

I applied to Pitzer and got accepted, but that's really nothing to brag about.  It's kind of the goofy kid brother of the other schools.