Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

47 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Typical

He gets mad because Beto's childhood nickname given to him by his neighborhood peeps, but when told about Cruz trying to be more white by calling himself "Ted" that same poster all of a sudden doesn't have an issue and makes an excuse.  

Cruz doesn't even speak Spanish.

Cruz REFUSED to campaign to Hispanics in ANY area of Texas

And no where did Beto "pretend" he was Mexican.  That's your ignorant dumb ass believing that.  

Fuck outta here. 

Wrong. Ted came to the border last week for rallies 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

You do not understand that there actually are people suffering under Trump specifically because of Trump. You see people upset and you think they're like you, insulated from the suffering caused by white supremacy. That is how right-wing trolls think, which is what you are.

You have no idea who that woman is or what her situation is. None. You just repost Hillary thread crap because you're a troll.

You're not angry, hateful troll, you're a gormless one. You're a simpleton troll.

what does gormless mean, though?

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Wrong. Ted came to the border last week for rallies 

Cruz had 1 rally in the valley--days before the election in 1 specific city--at a church.  Beto has had multiple in Brownsville, Edinburg, McAllen, and other cities. 

Beto has gone to the east sides of Houston, Dallas, and other cities to speak to poor Black and Hispanic Texans in those areas.  Has cruz?  I might have missed that. 

Let me know if Cruz went to DeSoto  or South Dallas or Acres Homes in Houston. Or let me know if Cruz went to speak at predominately Black churches in Tyler, Dallas, and Houston.    I just might have missed that press clipping of "Ted" going to speak to those Texans. 

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

Cruz had 1 rally in the valley--days before the election in 1 specific city--at a church.  Beto has had multiple in Brownsville, Edinburg, McAllen, and other cities. 

Beto has gone to the east sides of Houston, Dallas, and other cities to speak to poor Black and Hispanic Texans in those areas.  Has cruz?  I might have missed that. 

Let me know if Cruz went to DeSoto  or South Dallas or Acres Homes in Houston. Or let me know if Cruz went to speak at predominately Black churches in Tyler, Dallas, and Houston.    I just might have missed that press clipping of "Ted" going to speak to those Texans. 

Maybe he meant the Iowa border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Gpiiq02c0

5 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Wasn't this interview in the valley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Gpiiq02c0

Edited by plimon
Linked video
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

Beto's ground game will cut that 1 million votes down some from the rural counties.

That seems like a reasonable take.  But still, he'll need a massive early lead to hold up.  Maybe it's not 1 million.  Is it 900k? 850k?  There's a real "nobody knows shit" aspect to this election, which is fascinating.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

That seems like a reasonable take.  But still, he'll need a massive early lead to hold up.  Maybe it's not 1 million.  Is it 900k? 850k?  There's a real "nobody knows shit" aspect to this election, which is fascinating.

Excatly, I was guessing somewhere in the 800-850k range, but I don't know. 

Beto wins 51%-49%

He does it by winning the votes of the following: white educated, white suburban women, women, independents, first time, black, and hispanics. Cruz carries white men, old white people, and poor white men. 

Edited by Longhorn94

34 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

This may have been talked about before, but El Paso polls close an hour after the rest of the state. Would be pretty damn fitting to have the win come from their. 

That's an interesting wrinkle. I could see an early Beto lead, a Cruz comeback, and then it all coming down to his hometown El Paso. That'd be a hell of a night.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Beto wins 51%-49%

He does it by winning the votes of the following: white educated, white suburban women, women, independents, first time, black, and hispanics. Cruz carries white men, old white people, and poor white men. 

If you believe this, you should place some bets. You can make a lot.  

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Houston requiring 9 polling locations to stay open an extra hour.  That's nothing but good news.

Maybe. I believe that just because the polling site is ordered to stay open, doesn't mean the votes cast at that time will count. There are a few extra steps before that is determined. Advertising that locations are staying open late may actually drive voters to appear at later times, only to result in their votes not actually being counted. This is just a vague recollection from a CLE, so hopefully someone else knows the law better in this area. 

I would not be surprised to see an early Beto lead with Cruz closing as the night goes on.  I have a theory that ballots get counted faster in urban counties than rural counties (because they are generally having to count more votes and thus have to be more efficient).

I also think that polling locations closest to where they are counting votes probably get counted first, just because it takes some time to pack up the polling area and drive over to the counting location.  Suburban areas should have more Cruz votes than central city voters.  I have no idea how they transmit votes from the polling place to the central county, but I hope they physically drive the votes over with the machines rather than phoning them in somehow.

If I am right, then rural is slower than urban and suburban votes will come in after central city votes.  That means an early Beto lead if he is to win ... and Cruz catching up later.  Cruz either catches him or he runs out of votes.  If Cruz is ahead right from the start I think Beto is toast.  El Paso closing later is the wildcard.  It would be great if it came down to Beto's hometown.

Of course, I could be wrong!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

I would not be surprised to see an early Beto lead with Cruz closing as the night goes on.  I have a theory that ballots get counted faster in urban counties than rural counties (because they are generally having to count more votes and thus have to be more efficient).

I also think that polling locations closest to where they are counting votes probably get counted first, just because it takes some time to pack up the polling area and drive over to the counting location.  Suburban areas should have more Cruz votes than central city voters.  I have no idea how they transmit votes from the polling place to the central county, but I hope they physically drive the votes over with the machines rather than phoning them in somehow.

If I am right, then rural is slower than urban and suburban votes will come in after central city votes.  That means an early Beto lead if he is to win ... and Cruz catching up later.  Cruz either catches him or he runs out of votes.  If Cruz is ahead right from the start I think Beto is toast.  El Paso closing later is the wildcard.  It would be great if it came down to Beto's hometown.

Of course, I could be wrong!

It looks like will have a big Beto vote at the very end, now that so much of Harris county is closing at the same time that El Paso is. 

Texas should be majority rule Democrat. As should I think Georgia. The only reason it isn't is rank cheating. The felonious Delay Gerrymandering scheme has spread Nationwide, as has every generic election swindle the repubs can think of, including international cyber hacking.

If the repubs win, they cheat. They are the SEC of democracy.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It looks like will have a big Beto vote at the very end, now that so much of Harris county is closing at the same time that El Paso is. 

Ok, well I will revise my theory to say I don't know what's going to happen!  Also, I think polling places stay open until everyone who is in line when they close has a chance to vote, so that could delay polling places from closing in urban areas with higher turnout.

1 minute ago, Agent47 said:

Texas should be majority rule Democrat. As should I think Georgia. The only reason it isn't is rank cheating. The felonious Delay Gerrymandering scheme has spread Nationwide, as has every generic election swindle the repubs can think of, including international cyber hacking.

If the repubs win, they cheat. They are the SEC of democracy.

You came to the right place to get bites.  Nice troll.