Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

40 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Texas should be majority rule Democrat. As should I think Georgia. The only reason it isn't is rank cheating. The felonious Delay Gerrymandering scheme has spread Nationwide, as has every generic election swindle the repubs can think of, including international cyber hacking.

If the repubs win, they cheat. They are the SEC of democracy.

That doesn’t explain statewide dominance dor 30 years. It’s called voter turnout.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You’re very lucky that Democrats don’t fear monger.  

As it relates to THIS race, you’re right, there was no fear mongering. But....both sides!!!!1!1!!!

For someone who is so attached to Trump, Cruz calling the other side “unhinged” is quite the assertion. 

Edited by Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They don't have to.  They can just re-tweet the president.  And Ted Cruz.  And any number of other GOP officials and their campaign ads.

Zero editorializing or messaging needed.  The unvarnished truth, straight from the horse's ass, is plenty to leave any sane person going

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

For statewide?

No.  For every district possible.  It's a simple mathematical exercise with proven results: the more you dilute the ability of a particular group (democrats, minorities) to influence a particular election, the more you drive down their overall turnout (because human psychology, for some percentage of them, says "what's the point?")  Fewer dems showing up to vote in District X, because their voice doesn't matter, ALSO means fewer dems voting in senate and other statewide races.

The GOP strategy is voter suppression, by every possible means.  They aren't trying to hide it.  Hell, read what GOP officials are actually saying -- it's their STATED STRATEGY.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

you are dense AF. i love the old bastion of the right - lets equate tactics as if there are equal when the fucking motive of the right is complete horseshit - being selfish, stealing, cheating, gerrymandering, racism, you fucking take your fucking pick asshole

• Like 3

CNN showing Beto with a 167k vote lead, 13 percent reporting. Were gonna look at geography but cut to FL. Could be good or bad depending on where the votes are, looked like DFW. No Harris or EP data until 8 anyway so probably too early to take anything.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Vote lead of about 168k with 13% reporting. Good early signal, but mostly what we expected. It's gonna flip on its head as rural TX gets its votes counted. I think we're gonna have a photo finish at El Paso.

CNN was all over this, then glossed over how it’s mostly Dallas county reporting. 

What I like about this Senate race is that more attention is going to be paid to Texas.  As it should be.  Politicians should have to work to win Texas.  It is a fucking travesty that we pay so much attention to Ohio and Iowa, and California and Texas are not considered important but sure things for Blue and Red.  They are the biggest fucking states in the Union and the most important economically.

• Like 2

Just now, used2b said:

I hate that Gillum and Abrams are going to lose. Fucking racism and corruption.

Not to threadjack, but I think Miami Dade and Broward will push Gillum and Nelson over the top. Rs only a 30k lead with panhandle reporting, Miami Dade just over 50 and Broward less than 40 percent. I'd think that will get them over the top. 

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

That map has none from Austin yet. Wish CNN would zoom in on some GOP counties in Texas to see what's going on there.

Williamson was blue FWIW. No indication of what the numbers are or how much that is. Blue Williamson - big if - means this is close.

Edited by gmr548

Williamson County early voting results:

image.png

That's a big lead in non straight ticket voters for O'Rourke. O'Rourke got 39,814 votes from non Democrat straight ticket voters, Cruz got 25,661 from non GOP straight ticket voters.

Of course suburbia was supposed to be good for O'Rourke relative to previous Texas elections.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I live in Williamson and saw a LOT of Beto signs. I wouldn't be shocked if it's close there. 

Lot of BFE in Williamson but it has changed a lot in recent years. Election results have tracked the state pretty well. It makes for a decent bellweather.