Pics of parking douche baggery

Sabalo

48 minutes ago, RPM said:

RU srys? He wasn't broke down or too tall? Cops would be all over him otherwise.

not serious about napping.  pretty sure driver thought he didn't have clearance.  dude in the red on the left was in the white explorer trying to help.  i turned around. 

1-ARRESTED-AFTER-PURSUIT.jpg

A woman driving a stolen pickup crashed through a building near downtown Decatur Friday afternoon, ending a high-speed pursuit.

The driver, identified as 25-year-old Britney Werchek of Lawton, Okla., was not injured. She was taken into custody and transported to Wise County Jail where she was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and evading arrest or detention with a motor vehicle, both state jail felonies, according to Sgt. Ricky Hunter, spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety. She was also charged with failure to identify by giving false information, a misdemeanor.

Just before 2 p.m., the Wise County Sheriff’s Office was notified that a 2019 Dodge Ram pickup had been stolen from a gas station south of Alvord.

Hunter said that approximately 10 minutes later, a DPS trooper spotted the stolen vehicle traveling south on U.S. 81/287 south of Decatur and attempted to make a traffic stop.

Rather than stopping, the truck continued traveling south on U.S. 81/287 at speeds more than 100 mph. Just before County Road 4421, the pickup crossed the center median and began going north on U.S. 81/287.

“At one point, the Dodge crossed over into the southbound lanes of travel but continued going northbound before crossing back onto the correct side of the highway,” Hunter said.

With multiple law enforcement vehicles giving pursuit, Werchek took the Farm Road 2264 exit and then continued north on Business U.S. 81/287 passing Carson Elementary School and headed for downtown Decatur at speeds of close to 100 mph.

George Davis said he was at the Whistle Stop Cafe when he and others at the restaurant saw the pursuit speed by.

“They were hauling, man. They were doing every bit of 70. I told them girls, ‘Whatever that is, they aren’t going to get around that 90-degree turn.’ Sure enough, that’s where they wiped out,” he said.

When Werchek reached the 90-degree turn where the road turns into Walnut Street which heads to the Decatur Square, she apparently ran off the road and through a fence before crashing through a metal building and taking out an electrical pole. The pickup continued, hitting another fence, before it crashed into what appeared to be a septic tank at a plumbing supply business in the 300 block of North Stratton Street.

The crash caused major damage to the front end of the pickup and left the septic tank shattered.

As Davis surveyed the damage at the wreck scene, he said it could have been worse.

“It’s a good thing nobody was in front of them to get hit,” he said.

Werchek remained in the Wise County Jail Monday with bond set at $21,000, according to jail records.

4 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Lawton. The armpit of OK and that’s saying something.

To be fair, OK has a lot of armpits. Probably like 3 or 4 octopi worth. I submit a few candidates:  Shawnee, Enid, Durant, Seminole, Guymon, Ardmore.  And I’m sure there are scores more.

And to be fair, Texas certainly has its share. I’m looking at you, CS, Waco, Seminole, Post, Wichita Falls, Corpus Christi. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RPM said:

George Davis said he was at the Whistle Stop Cafe when he and others at the restaurant saw the pursuit speed by.

“They were hauling, man. They were doing every bit of 70. I told them girls, ‘Whatever that is, they aren’t going to get around that 90-degree turn.’ Sure enough, that’s where they wiped out,” he said.

Country old man at the diner as a witness is always the best interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have to admit, with my first car i was really OCD not parking a manual transmission in-gear, and about not yanking on the handbrake very hard.  plus it was a used car so the brake was probably shit as well. 

twice i went out the house to find the car had rolled from the sloped driveway, right into the middle of the street.  and it had been there for god knows how long -- no passerbys bothered to honk or check up on it

• Like 1

have to admit, with my first car i was really OCD not parking a manual transmission in-gear, and about not yanking on the handbrake very hard.  plus it was a used car so the brake was probably shit as well. 
twice i went out the house to find the car had rolled from the sloped driveway, right into the middle of the street.  and it had been there for god knows how long -- no passerbys bothered to honk or check up on it

Haha. Same happened to me once in HS. Only I saw it start rolling out the driveway of a buddies house.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Haha. Same happened to me once in HS. Only I saw it start rolling out the driveway of a buddies house.

the house opposite ours had downward sloping driveway, so if mine had fully rolled across the street, it wouldve smashed into their garage/vehicles.  thank god it just stopped in the street

To be fair, OK has a lot of armpits. Probably like 3 or 4 octopi worth. I submit a few candidates:  Shawnee, Enid, Durant, Seminole, Guymon, Ardmore.  And I’m sure there are scores more.
And to be fair, Texas certainly has its share. I’m looking at you, CS, Waco, Seminole, Post, Wichita Falls, Corpus Christi. 
Shawnee sucks so hard. Back in my public accounting days i had an audit client there. Over 2 audits i probably spent 3 weeks there.

When Red Lobster is your best restaurant, you've got a problem.

the house opposite ours had downward sloping driveway, so if mine had fully rolled across the street, it wouldve smashed into their garage/vehicles.  thank god it just stopped in the street

This happened to my mom when I was a kid. Parked in our driveway, didn’t set the brake. Car went down our driveway, across the street and down the drive across the street to smash into their garage door. Fortunately no car In their garage when it happened.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

In college I was driving home one weekend, got to Columbus and had to piss really bad.  Took the 71 exit and stopped at that gas station that used to be on the right, pulled right up to the restroom door.  Was in such a hurry I forgot to set the brake.  When I came out of the bathroom the car was gone.  It had rolled all the way back across the lot toward 71.  Luckily some bushes stopped it before it reached the highway because there was no ditch there.

The emergency brake cable on my car in HS broke. I kept driving it for a while before i got it fixed.

I would always park parallel to the curb, and just leave it in gear (manual transmission). Once my dad was parked in the street for some reason, so i just parked behind him. To avoid blocking the neighbors driveway, I had to pull up bumper to bumper with his truck.

The next morning, he came and slapped me out of bed about 6 am.

He was a couple of houses down the road, stopped a stop sign, with my car still right behind him, bumper to bumper. When he left, my car rolled down hill behind him, and ran into the back of his truck when he stopped at the stop sign. Miraculously, no damage to either vehicle.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The emergency brake cable on my car in HS broke. I kept driving it for a while before i got it fixed.

I would always park parallel to the curb, and just leave it in gear (manual transmission). Once my dad was parked in the street for some reason, so i just parked behind him. To avoid blocking the neighbors driveway, I had to pull up bumper to bumper with his truck.

The next morning, he came and slapped me out of bed about 6 am.

He was a couple of houses down the road, stopped a stop sign, with my car still right behind him, bumper to bumper. When he left, my car rolled down hill behind him, and ran into the back of his truck when he stopped at the stop sign. Miraculously, no damage to either vehicle.

back when work vehicles were made like work vehicles

1980-Chevrolet-Truck-new-bumper - Ford-Trucks.com

not this dainty stuff

833014-1-2020-silverado-1500-chevrolet-z

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3