The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

"After refunds, the IRS collected about $93 billion more from individual American taxpayers than it did in 2017. Interestingly, that number stands close to the tax break amount that corporations received from the TCJA in 2018. Last year, big businesses paid $91 billion less in taxes than they had in 2017, prior to the new law’s passage. "

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-taxpayers-paid-nearly-100-billion-more-to-irs-under-trump-tax-law-194900782.html

And Republican senators want another tax break for the 1%

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2019-07-30/gop-demands-another-tax-cut

• Like 1

Assholes. All of them.

Last summer

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn on Thursday objected to a bipartisan resolution that affirms Russian responsibility for the 2016 election interference and demands the notes from President Trump’s one-on-one conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“The way to do our work is through bipartisan committee work, have the witnesses come and testify, ask them hard questions, and render our judgment,” Cornyn, a Texas Republican, said on the floor. “I think we should consider sanctions, not sort of Sense of the Senate resolution that ... [has] no deterrent effect.”

Cornyn spoke after Sens. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Chris Coons, D-Del., offered the resolution as a rebuke of Trump’s failure to condemn Russian election interference and blame Putin for the poor state of U.S.-Russia relations. The resolution likewise called for the notes from Trump’s meeting and access to individuals — a potential reference to the president’s translator — who might be able to shed light on the conversation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/john-cornyn-blocks-senate-push-to-see-notes-from-trump-putin-summit

Edited by retread

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

If there is one thing Cornyn won’t stand is someone using  nicknames to demean a fellow lawmaker!   #shameless added without firing even one irony neuron.

When Trump said a federal judge wasn't capable of doing his job because he was a mexican, Cornyn said....."I'm not going to be sucked into talking about Trump 24/7."

When Trump uses nickname after nickname for Dem politicians, Cornyn said......fucking nothing.

Cornyn has no fucking problem with cold nicknames, or slamming federal officials because of their ethnicity....but give a nickname to his dear leader, to whom he is a complete subservient whore, well, good sir, he MUST take a stand!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foosters said:

What's the big deal? Its all about freedom. Your boss has the freedom to fire you and you have the freedom to find another job somewhere else.  Somewhere your sin will be tolerated.

Last I checked, "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is still one of the Ten Commandments. Funny how religious conservatives don't seem to care about holding to account people who break that rule. That was so important to God that he wrote it down on a stone tablet. He didn't write "Thou shalt not be gay" on those tablets. One might conclude that these people are just using religion as a cover to justify their own bigotry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

What's the big deal? Its all about freedom. Your boss has the freedom to fire you and you have the freedom to find another job somewhere else.  Somewhere your sin will be tolerated.

When the shoes on the other foot.

My religious views require me to fire you for being a Christian trumpkin. Now beat it you hypocritical cuck.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I have to be fair to my Republican friends.  Yes, they may be overtly racist and abysmally misogynistic. But I honestly think that they oppose rape committed by black men.

Et tu, Ghost. Didn't think you would go for the stupidity of the left. Oh well, keep beating that crazy drum and watch your nightmare happen again in 2020.  

• Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

Et tu, Ghost. Didn't think you would go for the stupidity of the left. Oh well, keep beating that crazy drum and watch your nightmare happen again in 2020.  

The first step is admitting you have a problem, but apparently you're okay with having an avowed racist and misogynist -- like King -- in your midst.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I wish a lot of this shit (Moscow Mitch, the Statue of Liberty crap, etc.) was coming out about 6 months from now, so we'd be heavy into campaign season, but still, it's waking a lot of people the fuck up at least.  There's just too much corruption and racism to ignore.

I think there will be lots more to come.  The fact he is raising the racist stuff this early is telling.  He is deflecting from all the other things snapping at his heels.  As those threats grow each day, his reactions and deflections are going to have to be even more ludicrous.  Likewise, those that have supported him like all the R senators are going to have to support this crap, or be looking for a way to abandon him and save face. 

Trump has jolted too many awake now, out of our complacency about our government.  Many more eyes on his administration are also beginning to scrutinize the other players who have been corrupt and/or idiots for too long (McConnell, Graham, Cruz, Cornyn, King, Gaetz, etc.).  

Hopefully we aren't too late.  

6 hours ago, Turkleton said:

It's from the left. I'm told the left is evil. I don't need to consider this idea. I just need to declare the left crazy. 

It's so easy never reconsidering your position which is based on team loyalty without reflection. Makes a man feel good to be sure he's always on the right side.

cc-its-morning-again-in-america-ronald-r

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult