The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Wasn't that the discharge they gave Klinger on MASH?  

Klinger was never discharged. He stayed in the Army, married Soon-Lee, and remained in Korea to help her find her parents.

There was an episode where Klinger, distraught because his ex-wife Laverne was going to marry one of his friends back in Toledo, was convinced by an Army retention officer to re-enlist. In order to give him time to come to his senses, Col. Potter had him take the presidential oath of office. Perhaps that’s what you were thinking of. 

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Klinger was never discharged. He stayed in the Army, married Soon-Lee, and remained in Korea to help her find her parents.

Then he moved to Missouri to work at the VA with Potter in After MASH.

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Really? I never watched that show. That’s more than I’ve ever known about it. I did watch Trapper John, M.D. starring Pernell Roberts, though. 

Damn, I never knew Trapper John MD was a MASH spinoff.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, F250 said:

I don’t know if spinoff is the right word. I don’t know its relation to the original production. Maybe ripoff is a better term. Or just a misappropriation of the franchise. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t MASH-y at all. It was an hour long drama and, other than the name and the backstory, the two Trappers bore little resemblance to one another. I think it would have been just as good if the main character’s name was Dr. Joe Smith but they made him Trapper John in order to get people to tune in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

So Goldman Sachs implements a private corporate vaccine mandate and your first thought is to murder members of the press?  

not his first thought, but more like always his thoughts. 

so much hatred and anxiety in America. sad!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F250 said:

People also ask

Is Trapper John, M.D. a MASH spin off?

Image result for Trapper John MD

Trapper John, M.D. is an American medical drama television series and spin-off of the film M*A*S*H (1970). ... The show ran on CBS for seven seasons, from September 23, 1979, to September 4, 1986. Roberts played the character more than twice as long as had Wayne Rogers (1972–75) on the TV series M*A*S*H.

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So I was out helping the MIL pack up her house last weekend. A year after her husband's death, she's sold the ranch (the only asset they had; inherited of course) and is going to move into town with a nice chunk of money in the bank and peace of mind for the family.

The FIL quit working (sales) in his mid 40s because he wasn't going to take directions from anyone since they were obviously not as smart as him. And learn how to use a "computer?" Balderdash! So the MIL was the sole bread earner by the late '80s. That didn't stop the FIL from blaming every ill in the world and his life on useless, lazy people who didn't work because self awareness was never his strong point.

Anyway, going out to MAGA land and helping throw away decades worth of his prepper supplies and stupid GQP paraphernalia was rewarding and therapeutic for Mrs. GOTJ and me. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we threw out  hundreds DVDs of the most asinine, GQP conspiracy bullshit, including shit from John Hagee, the four "Blood Moons", a 13 (!!) DVD set about the end times that were imminent due to the election of Obama, etc. At first we were laughing when we started tossing them into the dumpster, but after 20 minutes or so Mrs. GOTJ was burning red with rage. She always knew her dad was off his rocker a bit, but when she saw the thousands of dollars he'd spent on conspiracy shit like that while we and others were sending them money to help them cover expenses on the regular she lost it. She ended up going into a bedroom and crying her eyes out. Her mom asked her what was wrong after she'd composed herself and came back out to continue packing. She just said "Daddy loved Fox news and bullshit conspiracies more than anything; more than any of US."

I watched the MIL try to compose herself like she was going to reply and offer an assurance that that was not the case, but instead she just put her head down dejectedly and went back to packing. She knew what her daughter had said was true.

The Reagan administration eliminating the fairness doctrine had serious consequences and this is one of them. Rush Limbaugh was one of the most evil men who ever lived for what he did to people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Indeed. And the fact that the BIL was clamoring to keep his dad's copy of Limbaugh's "The Way Things Ought to Be"--as if anyone else wanted it--was telling. The FIL stopped working and within 5 years he could listen to Rush on the reg, which just reinforced all of his asinine beliefs. The guy was born into a very comfortable life thanks to his grandparents' good fortune (found oil on their farmland) and his dad's hard work (built a successful RV business in San Antonio). Yet somehow he felt he was disadvantaged because a white, male, veteran with a  business degree from UT just couldn't get a fair shake due to affirmative action giving all of the good jobs to undeserving minorities 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve heard of an hourglass figure but that’s like one hourglass on top of another. 

Convenient, 'cause it takes about two hours to find her cunt.  

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

People also ask

Is Trapper John, M.D. a MASH spin off?

Image result for Trapper John MD

Trapper John, M.D. is an American medical drama television series and spin-off of the film M*A*S*H (1970). ... The show ran on CBS for seven seasons, from September 23, 1979, to September 4, 1986. Roberts played the character more than twice as long as had Wayne Rogers (1972–75) on the TV series M*A*S*H.

Well shit, I never knew Trapper John was a Cartright until this fucking minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poll: Nearly 6 in 10 Republicans say they will not vote for any candidate who admits Biden won 'fair and square'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-nearly-6-in-10-republicans-say-they-will-not-vote-for-any-candidate-who-admits-biden-won-fair-and-square-162231610.html

Despite a mountain of evidence showing the 2020 presidential contest wasn’t rigged against Donald Trump, nearly 6 in 10 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (57 percent) now say they will not vote in upcoming elections for any candidate who admits that Joe Biden won the presidency "fair and square."

Only 17 percent say they would consider voting for a candidate who accurately characterizes Biden’s victory as legitimate.

These numbers underscore the degree to which Trump’s “big lie” claiming Biden cheated his way into the White House — a falsehood that three-quarters of Trump voters (74 percent) now believe — has become a litmus test for the entire GOP, crowding out other issues and strengthening Trump’s grip on the party ahead of the 2022 midterms.

70ddcb30-7f8e-11ec-b65f-abab9ac0d72a

For his part, Trump has made it clear that supporting his election fabrications is key to his own personal endorsement. Indeed, the former president is backing primary candidates against state officials who bucked his attempts to overturn the election.

The poll data also helps explain why Republican presidential hopefuls such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now want to spend millions of dollars on special “election crimes” police units tasked with finding fraud where they previously insisted there was none.

“The way Florida did it, I think, inspired confidence,” DeSantis said immediately after the 2020 election. “That’s how elections should be run.”

The survey of 1,568 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Jan. 20 to 24, found that when asked which issue they want future candidates to focus on the most, the share of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who say “stopping Democrats from rigging and stealing elections” (17 percent) — something that Democrats are not doing — is statistically equivalent to the share who say “bringing down inflation” (19 percent).

Other core conservative policies don’t even come close: “ending COVID restrictions” (10 percent), “fighting crime” (8 percent), “outlawing abortion” (5 percent), “cutting taxes” (5 percent), “appointing Supreme Court justices” (2 percent) and “giving parents more controls over schools” (2 percent). Only “securing the border” (23 percent) ranks higher.

Likewise, if the GOP wins control of Congress in November, 56 percent of Republicans say they want the party to launch yet another investigation of the 2020 presidential election — twice the number (28 percent) who say the opposite.

Trump remains the GOP’s most powerful and influential figure. Looking ahead, 56 percent of Republicans and Republican leaners say Trump’s endorsement is more important than that of “other Republican leaders” (23 percent) when they are deciding how to vote. Half (50 percent) say Trump was “the best Republican president” — far better than George H.W. Bush (4 percent) and his son George W. Bush (9 percent), and significantly better even than conservative icon Ronald Reagan (37 percent). Eighty-two percent rate Trump favorably, and 83 percent say they would vote for him in a rematch with Biden.

For the broader population of voters, Biden's job approval rating continues to sink. Fifty-three percent of Americans disapprove of how he’s handling the presidency, compared with 40 percent who approve, and a mere 2 points now separate him (42 percent) and Trump (40 percent) in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup. In the Dec. 13 Yahoo News/YouGov poll, Biden (45 percent) led Trump (38 percent) by 7.

There are signs that at least some Republicans are open to alternatives to Trump. More than a quarter (27 percent) say he should not run again. Sixteen percent say they would consider voting for centrist West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin if he were to run for president as an independent, more than the number of Democrats (10 percent) or independents (15 percent) who say the same. And 21 percent already say they would vote for DeSantis over Trump in the GOP primary; other potential candidates — including former Vice President Mike Pence (6 percent), former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley (6 percent) and Fox News host Tucker Carlson (2 percent) — combine for another 19 percent of the vote, and 12 percent say they’re not sure.

DeSantis’s unfavorable rating among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (12 percent) is also lower than Trump’s (15 percent). More than half (51 percent) rate the Florida governor “very” favorably, on par with the far more familiar Trump (57 percent).

As a result, less than half of Republicans and GOP-aligned independents (46 percent) currently say they would vote for Trump in the 2024 GOP primaries. Still, it’s worth noting how close that number is to the 45 percent of the popular vote that Trump won across all Republican primaries in 2016 — enough to secure him the nomination and ultimately propel him to the White House.

• Rage+1 2

And fuck this guy, too

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/politics/pat-mccrory-duke-segregration-kfile/index.html

Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory said last year that not receiving an offer to teach at Duke University upon leaving the governorship was "blacklisting" and comparable to the refusal to serve Black Americans at lunch counters in the 1960s during segregation.

McCrory, who is now running for US Senate in a Republican primary, instead took a job as a local radio host where he made the comments, which were reviewed by CNN's KFile as part of a look at the rhetoric he used after leaving office in 2017. McCrory was the governor of North Carolina from 2013 to 2017.

"The head of the policy school called me up and said, 'Governor, we've got some problems. We've got some alumni and big donors that don't want you to come back to Duke to be a part of this public policy school,'" said McCrory in January 2021, referring to a job at Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy.

"You know what I said to him, I said, 'If I come back to the, if I come back to the campus, will you serve me at the lunch counter?' And I meant it."

"Speaking about the ultimate blacklisting was the African American students from North Carolina A&T University who wanted to eat at the counter at Woolworths, the lunch counter. And they refused them. They were blacklisted because of the color of their skin," added McCrory. "Other people are now being blacklisted because of our politics. And it's both wrong. It's both deplorable. And we've got to speak out against it."

An entire party of whiny cunts that cant wrap their head around the idea that while people have a right to their own political opinions, others have the right to judge them based on those political opinions. Apparently this guy also believes race is a  choice. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And fuck this guy, too

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/politics/pat-mccrory-duke-segregration-kfile/index.html

An entire party of whiny cunts that cant wrap their head around the idea that while people have a right to their own political opinions, others have the right to judge them based on those political opinions. Apparently this guy also believes race is a  choice. 

The entire party is just a bunch of assholes being whiny cunts because people point it out when they are being pieces of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Poll: Nearly 6 in 10 Republicans say they will not vote for any candidate who admits Biden won 'fair and square'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-nearly-6-in-10-republicans-say-they-will-not-vote-for-any-candidate-who-admits-biden-won-fair-and-square-162231610.html

Despite a mountain of evidence showing the 2020 presidential contest wasn’t rigged against Donald Trump, nearly 6 in 10 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (57 percent) now say they will not vote in upcoming elections for any candidate who admits that Joe Biden won the presidency "fair and square."

Only 17 percent say they would consider voting for a candidate who accurately characterizes Biden’s victory as legitimate.

These numbers underscore the degree to which Trump’s “big lie” claiming Biden cheated his way into the White House — a falsehood that three-quarters of Trump voters (74 percent) now believe — has become a litmus test for the entire GOP, crowding out other issues and strengthening Trump’s grip on the party ahead of the 2022 midterms.

70ddcb30-7f8e-11ec-b65f-abab9ac0d72a

For his part, Trump has made it clear that supporting his election fabrications is key to his own personal endorsement. Indeed, the former president is backing primary candidates against state officials who bucked his attempts to overturn the election.

The poll data also helps explain why Republican presidential hopefuls such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now want to spend millions of dollars on special “election crimes” police units tasked with finding fraud where they previously insisted there was none.

“The way Florida did it, I think, inspired confidence,” DeSantis said immediately after the 2020 election. “That’s how elections should be run.”

The survey of 1,568 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Jan. 20 to 24, found that when asked which issue they want future candidates to focus on the most, the share of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who say “stopping Democrats from rigging and stealing elections” (17 percent) — something that Democrats are not doing — is statistically equivalent to the share who say “bringing down inflation” (19 percent).

Other core conservative policies don’t even come close: “ending COVID restrictions” (10 percent), “fighting crime” (8 percent), “outlawing abortion” (5 percent), “cutting taxes” (5 percent), “appointing Supreme Court justices” (2 percent) and “giving parents more controls over schools” (2 percent). Only “securing the border” (23 percent) ranks higher.

Likewise, if the GOP wins control of Congress in November, 56 percent of Republicans say they want the party to launch yet another investigation of the 2020 presidential election — twice the number (28 percent) who say the opposite.

Trump remains the GOP’s most powerful and influential figure. Looking ahead, 56 percent of Republicans and Republican leaners say Trump’s endorsement is more important than that of “other Republican leaders” (23 percent) when they are deciding how to vote. Half (50 percent) say Trump was “the best Republican president” — far better than George H.W. Bush (4 percent) and his son George W. Bush (9 percent), and significantly better even than conservative icon Ronald Reagan (37 percent). Eighty-two percent rate Trump favorably, and 83 percent say they would vote for him in a rematch with Biden.

For the broader population of voters, Biden's job approval rating continues to sink. Fifty-three percent of Americans disapprove of how he’s handling the presidency, compared with 40 percent who approve, and a mere 2 points now separate him (42 percent) and Trump (40 percent) in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup. In the Dec. 13 Yahoo News/YouGov poll, Biden (45 percent) led Trump (38 percent) by 7.

There are signs that at least some Republicans are open to alternatives to Trump. More than a quarter (27 percent) say he should not run again. Sixteen percent say they would consider voting for centrist West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin if he were to run for president as an independent, more than the number of Democrats (10 percent) or independents (15 percent) who say the same. And 21 percent already say they would vote for DeSantis over Trump in the GOP primary; other potential candidates — including former Vice President Mike Pence (6 percent), former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley (6 percent) and Fox News host Tucker Carlson (2 percent) — combine for another 19 percent of the vote, and 12 percent say they’re not sure.

DeSantis’s unfavorable rating among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (12 percent) is also lower than Trump’s (15 percent). More than half (51 percent) rate the Florida governor “very” favorably, on par with the far more familiar Trump (57 percent).

As a result, less than half of Republicans and GOP-aligned independents (46 percent) currently say they would vote for Trump in the 2024 GOP primaries. Still, it’s worth noting how close that number is to the 45 percent of the popular vote that Trump won across all Republican primaries in 2016 — enough to secure him the nomination and ultimately propel him to the White House.

This is absolutely stunning.  

• Hook 'Em 1

my kid can't confide in me and rather than work on that relationship we should sue teachers!

Arizona Republicans this week lined up behind a measure that would discipline teachers and open them up to lawsuits if they don’t tell parents everything a student tells them — even if the student confides that he or she is gay or transgender.

The legislation, House Bill 2161, would make it illegal for a government employee to withhold information that is “relevant to the physical, emotional or mental health of the parent’s child,” and specifically prevents teachers from withholding information about a student’s “purported gender identity” or a request to transition to a gender other than the “student’s biological sex.”

The bill would allow parents to sue school districts if teachers don’t comply.

https://www.azmirror.com/2022/01/26/gop-bill-would-force-teachers-to-out-lgbtq-students-to-parents/

• Rage+1 3