The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

19 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I had a long talk with a guy who has 40,000 different T-shirt designs for sale on Ebay and Etsy.  He lives in Georgetown. The artists for the shirts are in Morocco (of all places) and they steal whatever they want from wherever they want ---- Disney designs/characters etc...  They give no shits about U.S. federal trademarks, let alone state trademarks. They design and print the shirts in Morocco.  They are untraceable and unreachable for all intents and purposes. All he and his wife do is take delivery at their storage warehouse and ship them. He told me they're selling about 1500 T-shirts per day.  Let Plonsky try to go after the Moroccans.

He's still on the hook for the legality.  I admire the chutzpah, but he might find himself on the wrong side of a fence soon.

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I had a long talk with a guy who has 40,000 different T-shirt designs for sale on Ebay and Etsy.  He lives in Georgetown. The artists for the shirts are in Morocco (of all places) and they steal whatever they want from wherever they want ---- Disney designs/characters etc...  They give no shits about U.S. federal trademarks, let alone state trademarks. They design and print the shirts in Morocco.  They are untraceable and unreachable for all intents and purposes. All he and his wife do is take delivery at their storage warehouse and ship them. He told me they're selling about 1500 T-shirts per day.  Let Plonsky try to go after the Moroccans.

But you know who does give a shit about trademarks and getting sued for infringement? Ebay and Etsy. Those trademark owners must not know or care about the infringement. But it's not impossible to stop them being sold on sites like those. 

• Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

But you know who does give a shit about trademarks and getting sued for infringement? Ebay and Etsy. Those trademark owners must not know or care about the infringement. But it's not impossible to stop them being sold on sites like those. 

My gut feel is that a crooked tshirt flogger from Georgetown exaggerated and lied and that some stuff got garbled in translation.

If I sell a bootleg Donald Duck tshirt on Ebay the bots will report me and I'll get it pulled. In the past few years I've had Guinness and VW ask eBay to pull my art that included sketches of their products, nothing even close to a close copy. 40,000 bootleg designs? Yeah no. Either there's not 40,000 (I'd go with that) or most of the sales are not on those sites. Also, if you get dinged multiple times, you can lose your rights to sell there.

Just the logistics of receiving, sorting, and selling 1,500 tshirts a day out of some warehouse-- yeah maybe if they are all the same design going bulk to a few customers, but no way as 1,500 individual online sales. Do they have 50 people packing orders? I suspect Waiter Math (Take best once-in-a-life-time night, multiply by 365, say that's what you make per year)

I could see busting ass and printing 1500 shirts a day of a few designs, but that contradicts the Morocco story.

I nosed around eBay trying to find a big tshirt vendor from Georgetown selling thousands of knock-offs, but didn't yet find them. To crush people's dreams of tshirt wealth, usually designs on ebay, yes even nice ones, sell in the dozens not the thousands or even hundreds.

Morocco. Probably hired an artist from a freelance site who was from Morocco.

40,000 designs? Maybe the guy has some print-on-demand business, hard to see how somebody would do 40,000 print runs + reprints then store them any place smaller than where they hid the Ark of the Covenant. You're talkin rats and roaches and dead cats and who knows what.

If the dude was honest, that'd be great. But if he's bootlegging trademarked material, I hope he gets his ass sued.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:45 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it used to be simple shit like god and science, things that you could easily reason away like, "well, jeebus made them rocket scientists smart so they take us to space" and it didn't short circuit their simple little minds. but now scientists are woke libruhls and god is science. science is out there trying to turn your kids trans and injecting you with microchips. never mind what religion is actually injecting into your kids. seriously our society has regressed so amazingly in such a short time.

Most likely penises based on the other thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/3/2023 at 8:45 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it used to be simple shit like god and science, things that you could easily reason away like, "well, jeebus made them rocket scientists smart so they take us to space" and it didn't short circuit their simple little minds. but now scientists are woke libruhls and god is science. science is out there trying to turn your kids trans and injecting you with microchips. never mind what religion is actually injecting into your kids. seriously our society has regressed so amazingly in such a short time.

Angry Family GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 6:26 PM, RDCanecutter said:

My gut feel is that a crooked tshirt flogger from Georgetown exaggerated and lied and that some stuff got garbled in translation.

If I sell a bootleg Donald Duck tshirt on Ebay the bots will report me and I'll get it pulled. In the past few years I've had Guinness and VW ask eBay to pull my art that included sketches of their products, nothing even close to a close copy. 40,000 bootleg designs? Yeah no. Either there's not 40,000 (I'd go with that) or most of the sales are not on those sites. Also, if you get dinged multiple times, you can lose your rights to sell there.

Just the logistics of receiving, sorting, and selling 1,500 tshirts a day out of some warehouse-- yeah maybe if they are all the same design going bulk to a few customers, but no way as 1,500 individual online sales. Do they have 50 people packing orders? I suspect Waiter Math (Take best once-in-a-life-time night, multiply by 365, say that's what you make per year)

I could see busting ass and printing 1500 shirts a day of a few designs, but that contradicts the Morocco story.

I nosed around eBay trying to find a big tshirt vendor from Georgetown selling thousands of knock-offs, but didn't yet find them. To crush people's dreams of tshirt wealth, usually designs on ebay, yes even nice ones, sell in the dozens not the thousands or even hundreds.

Morocco. Probably hired an artist from a freelance site who was from Morocco.

40,000 designs? Maybe the guy has some print-on-demand business, hard to see how somebody would do 40,000 print runs + reprints then store them any place smaller than where they hid the Ark of the Covenant. You're talkin rats and roaches and dead cats and who knows what.

If the dude was honest, that'd be great. But if he's bootlegging trademarked material, I hope he gets his ass sued.

The t shirts aren't the money maker. It's the heroin sewn into the hems that brings the real money. The shirts are just the transfer mechanism and a convenient money laundering scam all rolled into one. 

• Drool 1

On 7/4/2023 at 11:28 AM, Pancho said:

Looks like the radical republicans have their talking points. I’ve seen a number of posts on social media where radical r’s are advocating for making July “American Pride Month.” 🙄

They decry cancel culture and victimization but that is their entire playbook. "the gays get a pride month? Well, hell we need a month for American pride for the rest of us." bunch of snowflakes that can't stand that anyone might get something that they're not, even if that something may not be of value to them.

a friend of a friend was whining about a gay pride parade in late June. I asked why it bothered him. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps it blocked a parking garage for his office, or made him walk a few extra blocks for dinner that night. No, he wasn't within 10 miles of the parade. It was just the existence of the parade that drove him crazy because the left was "shoving it in our faces."

I really don't see some of these people ever showing any signs of reason.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The t shirts aren't the money maker. It's the heroin sewn into the hems that brings the real money. The shirts are just the transfer mechanism and a convenient money laundering scam all rolled into one. 

tenor(9).gif.d64e8b5c9a93f88dc63e238e62324eae.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

On second thought I am not sure the Moroccans, the warehouse, or 95% of the tshirts even exist. I bet the real moneymaker is offering people a chance to invest and double their money.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

*entire yard, wardrobe and vehicle a tribute to Trump*

"No way Biden won. I haven't seen a single Biden flag, hat or anything!"

*sees a Pride flag*

"Always shoving it in our faces!"

During the Doug Jones Interregnum, I and a couple of neighbors left our Jones signs up for maybe a couple of weeks. So I hear a maintenance guy, hvac or whatever, call into a radio show about how he hated going on calls to [rdcanecutter neighborhood] because the liberals left their Jones signs up to rub it in his face.

I hate that he thought that, because I respect people who can fix stuff. I left my sign up to fuck with the skulking Trumpazoids who live in specific houses on my street.

• Haha 3

And nothing he says matters to them. They wanted the results they wanted, Constitution be damned. The Constitution only stands for what they want it to stand for. I hate Pence and Fox News but one did us a tremendous service on Jan 6 by standing on his principles. The other did us a tremendous service by not calling Arizona for Trump, something that would've torn this country apart even further. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That woman had a former governor and VP tell her that she is 100% wrong in her understanding of the VPs role as defined in the Constitution. Guarantee that he didn’t change her mind one bit.

Deep state!! Hoax!!!

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Deep state!! Hoax!!!

If why these people and probably the US are lost. It’s fair to disagree on opinions or goals, but when we disagree on math, like election results, we’ve lost.

some have dug in too deep and can never admit they’re wrong. Admitting they’re wrong would most likely shatter their mental state. But these 25-40% of the public will continue to vote. I have no doubt we will still hear “Trump won” 30 years after his death.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

And nothing he says matters to them. They wanted the results they wanted, Constitution be damned. The Constitution only stands for what they want it to stand for. I hate Pence and Fox News but one did us a tremendous service on Jan 6 by standing on his principles. The other did us a tremendous service by not calling Arizona for Trump, something that would've torn this country apart even further. 

Remember that one time when Fox News reported something that was factually correct?

That was great. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Honestly, I think this is the biggest problem with the anti-intellectual movement.  If you've never been challenged, you've "never been wrong".  You don't know the feeling.  You don't have the tools to self-examine and change course.

I have spent my entire professional career being wrong.  I am a hyper-analytical engineer, and companies rely on me to get things right.  Getting things right, at least in R&D, is a continuous process of "what if" typically followed by "oh shit".  Rinse, lather, repeat.  Being wrong is a blessing.  It often points you in the right direction.

Many on the right have embraced the concept of landing on an idea or belief and refusing to ever question it again. Remember how flip flopping was a sin against John Kerry because his position shifted his as he learned more. If you refuse to question yourself or let others question you, then your only option is to reinforce your locked-in belief.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Someone that deserves a fuckload of credit here, beyond Pence, is this guy right here.

Greg_Jacob_portrait.jpg

Greg Jacob, Counsel to the Vice President. He went toe-to-toe with Eastman and Trump and instead of doing what so many Republicans did, told Pence where the bear shit in the buckwheat on Article II and the electoral count. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/22058340/greg-jacob-jan-5-memo.pdf

His quote to Eastman on 1/6:

And as rioters shouted “Hang Mike Pence” on Jan. 6, Mr. Jacob blamed Mr. Eastman and what he called his “entirely made up” legal theory, writing to him in an email, “Thanks to your bullshit, we are now under siege.”

He is a goddamn hero.

A conservative attorney for Mike Pence doesn't get the hero nod from me.  One time in his life he did the right thing, that's good, and he deserves credit for that.  However, he spent a life time worming his way into Medieval MIke's orbit.  It's hard to ignore what he must have done in conservative circles to get there, let alone he shares and advocates for their warped belief system.  Inexorably, his support of such beliefs helped to lead us to 1/6, a Trump Presidency, and a witch craft believing Supreme Court.  By default, he's helped the MAGA movement because he one of the enablers of it.  

Did the right thing once, yes.  Hero, absolutely not.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Okie State said:
2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
Many on the right have embraced the concept of landing on an idea or belief and refusing to ever question it again. Remember how flip flopping was a sin against John Kerry because his position shifted his as he learned more. If you refuse to question yourself or let others question you, then your only option is to reinforce your locked-in belief.

I immediately write off anyone who is unable to change their mind as a moron who is not worth my time. Absolutely ridiculous that people would consider that a character flaw.

It's the continual age old battle between traditionalism and progressivism. People hate change and reflexively reject it because it's more comfortable. But we live in an age of drastic change happening at an exponential level with each new technological advance, which in itself is changing at an exponential level. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If why these people and probably the US are lost. It’s fair to disagree on opinions or goals, but when we disagree on math, like election results, we’ve lost.

some have dug in too deep and can never admit they’re wrong. Admitting they’re wrong would most likely shatter their mental state. But these 25-40% of the public will continue to vote. I have no doubt we will still hear “Trump won” 30 years after his death.

If this is true, which I believe it to be, then the only options for us are to wait for them to die and/or shame them into not voting.  It's not ideal.  I wish we could have reasoned debate, but that time is past.  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This has been attributed to multiple people in different forms over the years but I always recall the quote:

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

With the benefit of made up alternative facts one never has to go through the painful process of changing one's mind.  Advantage MAGA?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Remember that one time when Fox News reported something that was factually correct?

That was great. 

They called it for Biden way before anyone else. Something that ultimately they were right on but something I never thought I'd see a network so in the tank for Trump do. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

They called it for Biden way before anyone else. Something that ultimately they were right on but something I never thought I'd see a network so in the tank for Trump do. 

Yeah, and then they internally freaked out because they realized they were losing viewers to Newsmax, et al.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

57 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, and then they internally freaked out because they realized they were losing viewers to Newsmax, et al.

and they quickly fired the people for calling it for Biden. Not that night but soon afterwards.

There are transcripts of their anchors not debating whether Trump lost or not, but how it was killing them that they, Fox News, called it. They were happy to go along with Trump because their ratings were the only concern. Not the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Pancho said:

Pence can suck on a big black dick, which he does in his free time, but I will give him credit here. These radical republicans are so, so lost. They seriously need help.

Why is Mike Pence hanging out with people from the CiCi's Pizza buffet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To be clear, these are not radical Republicans, they are normal Republicans full stop.  The party has gone down that rabbit hole and there is no redemption.  These people are mentally ill.

It’s not anymore complicated than this. Anyone who believes that there is still a non-batshit GQP is lying to themselves. It is a violent terrorist cult, from top to bottom, aimed at upending the Republic.
Defeat them. All of them. Every. Last. One. Then beat their defeated corpse. Then bury them deep. Then put a 20 ton stone on top of the hole.
They are 180 degrees at odds with us having a republic that allows for other people who might see things differently than they do. They are a modern fascist cult, and should only be treated as such. Treating them as fellow citizens, or as a “legitimate” political party, is suicide.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

its always sunny in philadelphia high quality GIF by hero0fwar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BamaATL said:

A conservative attorney for Mike Pence doesn't get the hero nod from me.  One time in his life he did the right thing, that's good, and he deserves credit for that.  However, he spent a life time worming his way into Medieval MIke's orbit.  It's hard to ignore what he must have done in conservative circles to get there, let alone he shares and advocates for their warped belief system.  Inexorably, his support of such beliefs helped to lead us to 1/6, a Trump Presidency, and a witch craft believing Supreme Court.  By default, he's helped the MAGA movement because he one of the enablers of it.  

Did the right thing once, yes.  Hero, absolutely not.  

If pence gets hero for a day status, which is what provoked that, then Greg Jacob gets goddamn hero status. And he did it for longer than a single day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That woman had a former governor and VP tell her that she is 100% wrong in her understanding of the VPs role as defined in the Constitution. Guarantee that he didn’t change her mind one bit.

Well I guarantee you that woman that McCain had to have a talking to went right on believing in whatever nonsense she was spouting as well, and happily voted for Trump 2x, assuming she survived COVID.  These politicians standing up and telling people that the sky is blue has no effect on the people claiming the sky is yellow.  Never has, never will.